No announcement yet.

80's japan metal band - Loudness

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TDman
    Their 'Law of Devil's Land' LP still RAAAAWKS! That was their 3rd album (in Japanese). Also, Akira Takasaki's 'Tusk of Jaguar' album is a mandatory purchase for fans of metal from the land of the rising sun. This album shows shows his range is much greater than the Loudness stuff.

Woah! I thought I was the only one on these forums to know about Tusk of the Jaguar. Yes, an awesome album indeed. Akira is really versatile. I think a lot of people only know him for Thunder in the East and Lighting Strikes which is unfortunate because their first four albums were very unique (for example, Show Me The Way, In the Mirror, Devil Soldier, etc)

Comment

Dead End is cool too...maybe a litle weird for year average metalhead.

Another good band, although I've only heard a few of their songs. I got this really cool CD/DVD called "Legends of Japanese Heavy Metal vol. 1" with bands like Loudness, Dead End, Flatbacker, EZO, Vow Wow, Action, Wolf, etc.

Comment

Man, I'd love to see that DVD!

Is there anything by Earthshaker, Kuni or 5X on there?
        "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

Unfortunately the DVD is Region 2 (I think), the sound quality is only so-so, and there are only like 8 songs, but the CD has like 14 songs. The CD has Earthshaker but not the DVD. I'm actually pretty curious about earthshaker. I've never heard more than a couple of songs from them. I might get there original CD since apparently it was remastered recently and isn't too expensive.

Comment

If you're gonna get an Earthshaker CD, I'd recommend 'Fugitive'. 'Midnight Flight' is decent also, but a little more commercial.
            "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hell Bites

Heh, I think that's the best explaination I have seen for their new sound. Extremely heavy, nu-metallish, but with solos. Yeah, I have pretty much all their new albums (except Racing although I hear it's their best since 1992).

About the singer. I think he's actually a pretty good singer. A lot of people have a problem with his accent but if you ever see their Live in Tokyo '83, you'll see he's a pretty good singer who can really hold a note well.

Loudness rocks...

Saludos.
              Saludosâ„¢

Jossy
              http://www.myspace.com/ultrasonico
              General Master Marksman/MBM International Sniper Brigade
              Øyh!

Originally Posted by Motorik

Jossy unfailingly concludes his posts with the word "saludos".

http://www.liveruckus.com/forums/index.php

Comment

VH1's "Worst Metal Songs Ever", or whatever it's called, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think the title is misleading, or deceptive. I watched it once and I kept saying "what the hell are they talking about, that shouldn't be on this show"...such as "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryche...metal "band", maybe...metal song?...NOT!

It's so easy to poke fun at bands/songs, years later, at stuff we were all bustin' a nut on when it was new.

...but I admit, I did get a laugh out of the piece about the "Chainsaw Song" by Jackyl, and how they grew up with loggers on a mountain, and that's all they had to write about...too funny!

Comment

I swear, VH1 has become the countdown channel. They have so many freakin countdowns. Although, I have to admit, when they showed Europe's Final Countdown I had to go to my synth and play the cheesy intro

Comment

I remember Vow Wow (aka Bow Wow, pre-'85). I liked their guitarist, Kyoji Yamamoto. He was much more original than most of his Japanese peers. Not a Takasaki-style shredder, a little more off-the-wall.

Anyone remember Anthem? 5X?

I don't suppose you have any listening recommendations for Vow Wow? They have a lot of CDs and after seeing a video of them I definitely want to hear more. Man, their keyboard player kicks ass too!

Comment

In high school, a friend of mine told me about a "Battle of the Bands" type contest that was going on, so I got ahold of a few buddies and we learned "Heavy Chains" from Roudness.

We had a great time rocking out that song and the crowd really dug it too... but the judges had this horrified and pissed off look the entire time we were performing.

Turns out that it was held at the school but organized by some church group and of course they thought we were satanic or "bad influences" or some ****************.

Baimun's big Pickup Clearance on Ebay

Comment

Loudness was on VH1?

I always liked them, and Akira Takasaki is a great guitarist.
                        Gear List:

'92 Gibson Les Paul Studio
                        Soldano Hot Rod 50
                        Soldano 2x12 cab

Comment

You know what when I think about when I think japanese metal?

ok actually that's all I think about when it comes to anything japanese

RUN!! IT'S GOO-ZILL-A!!!!
                          And now for the Michigan economy report........ wait a minute...Michigan has an economy?

Comment

Originally posted by baimun
                            In high school, a friend of mine told me about a "Battle of the Bands" type contest that was going on, so I got ahold of a few buddies and we learned "Heavy Chains" from Roudness.

We had a great time rocking out that song and the crowd really dug it too... but the judges had this horrified and pissed off look the entire time we were performing.

Turns out that it was held at the school but organized by some church group and of course they thought we were satanic or "bad influences" or some ****************.

AWESOME!

Heavy Chains is one of my favorite solos of all time. Such a kick ass song...

Comment

Great band and guitarist, although the Japanese vocalist and early lyrics were absolutely comical.

They later got Mike Vescera (who sang for Yngwie on Magnum Opus and 7th Sign) to sing and he did a MUCH better job. I had one album he did with them and it was full of very tasty Mesa Boogie + ESP tones and awesome playing!

PS: Now everytime someone says "Engrish" I think about that South Park episode where ****************ty Wok chinese guy built his own great wall to protect his restaurant from the Mongowians, LOL LOL.
                              Originally Posted by Stonedtone

The tears were worth 4M votes

....regarding Obama's tears over Conn. school massacre

Originally Posted by moonlight

I could care less about the so called "rights" of gun owners. They've even got those rights wrong. The second amendment has more to do with militia and not you can own one just because.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

You really are a dim bulb, aren't you Moonie?

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." Heinrich Himmler

Comment

Run For the Night is my fave Loudness song. I'm very interested in Japanese metal as of late..I don't think they're trying to copy the American sound as TRADITIONAL and Prog metal is HUGE in Japan and still is, not nu metal (though nu metal is nearly dead anyway). Check out X-Japan too, great speed metal (their early stuff) and good regular metal and some sappy ballads (though kinda good).

I just ordered a Concerto Moon cd on the recommendation of many reviews..
                                Gear used:

Jackson King V Professional Standard (SD Distortion, SD JAZZ), Jackson Dinky Reverse (Dimarzio Evolution, Dimarzio Air Norton), Peavey Destiny Custom (Duncan Distortion Bridge, rest stock), Ibanez RG 470 with Air Norton and Steve's Special, Mesa Mark III (M/) Red Stripe Rackmount head, 5150 with 5150 Cabinent, Tc Electronics G Major, Cry Baby Wah. Ibanez Nylon Acoustic.

Comment

Working...
                                X