Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Dead End, too!!! Even though their English is on a par w/ Loudness, great musicianship otherwise!!!!
    "--Mister, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick 100% of your ASS!!!"
    Judge Reinhold from 'Fast Times At Ridgemont High

GEAR:
    *Epiphone Elitist 57 Les Paul GoldTop
    *Fender LoneStar Strat
    *Jackson DK2M
    *Yamaha SA500B
    *Squier 'Steve Vai Green' Strat
    *Bugera 333XL Half-stack
    *Marshall VS65R
    *Peavey Vypyr15
    *Assorted Boss, Digitech & BBE Pedals

Director of Operations/Quality Control/Recruitment, MAZI BEE MILITIA !! West Coast Chapter and Bassist Division, TOO!!!

Comment

Vow Wow.. a girl I went to school with was really into them and had their logo painted on her jacket.
      *please send me evenings and weekends*

member- HCFXSCOC

Comment

I saw them live about 20 years ago!
        They opened for Stryper

Comment

Didn't these guys have a helluva time getting taking seriously at the time?

Comment

well, the main reason for not taking all these Japanese metal bands seriously is their command of the English language, plain and simple!! Plus, Japan has a tendency to latch onto anything that's cool and happening in the USA.
            "--Mister, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick 100% of your ASS!!!"
            Judge Reinhold from 'Fast Times At Ridgemont High

GEAR:
            *Epiphone Elitist 57 Les Paul GoldTop
            *Fender LoneStar Strat
            *Jackson DK2M
            *Yamaha SA500B
            *Squier 'Steve Vai Green' Strat
            *Bugera 333XL Half-stack
            *Marshall VS65R
            *Peavey Vypyr15
            *Assorted Boss, Digitech & BBE Pedals

Director of Operations/Quality Control/Recruitment, MAZI BEE MILITIA !! West Coast Chapter and Bassist Division, TOO!!!

Comment

The only song I liked from them was 'Soldiers of Fortune'

Comment

I remember Vow Wow (aka Bow Wow, pre-'85). I liked their guitarist, Kyoji Yamamoto. He was much more original than most of his Japanese peers. Not a Takasaki-style shredder, a little more off-the-wall.

Anyone remember Anthem? 5X?
                "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

theyre getting too much credit now... the guitarist wasnt THAT great... compared to 80's players like warren demartini or vitto bratta, he's smoked... but he's still a pretty good player... lol...
                  boss dd-20
                  ibanez jem7vwh
                  ibanez js1000

Comment

Originally posted by Chairborne
                    "Wock and woll kwazy nights
                    You are the hewo tonight!"

Yeah they kicked some ass way back when.

M Z A!!!
                    "...the plumber he says, never flush a tampoon."

www.myspace.com/whotributect
                    www.myspace.com/purpletribute

Comment

I bought "Slodier of Fortune" in a used record store. 3 Japanese guys and an American singer. Super cheesy songs and production, with some BADASS guitar playing. It's a guilty pleasure and a lot of fun to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by marloni
                        the guitarist wasnt THAT great... compared to 80's players like warren demartini or vitto bratta, he's smoked...
                        I would totally disagree with this.

-wp
                        Originally posted by WulfmanJax:
                        ****************************s will be ****************************s. And even be assholier to others who point their assholiness out.

http://www.myspace.com/wespowell1

Download the tunes

Comment

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/tmge/

Thee Michelle Gun Elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by THX1138

Man, where's Spaced Cowboy when ya need him? That dude can rattle off Crazy Night like he was Godzilla's love child.

You called, Bassmaster?

Yeah, it could be argued that once Loudness tried to crossover to the English market, they took a serious left turn into "campy". But in their native Japanese, the songs actually made sense.

Also, just for the record, the RIFF for "Crazy Night" still rules. I don't care what a bunch of bad comedians on VH1 say.

And that's Akira TAKASAKI, gaijin. j/k
                            Originally posted by THB

I always comfort myself with the knowledge that if anyone in the audience could do better they probably would be, and ****************, if you can't laugh at yourself there will always be someone there to pick up the slack.

Originally posted by squealie

I would personally, like to find the assgobbler that invented the pipe-shaking car radio, and beat him to death with a stack of DMX cds. Do these ****************wits realize that the baby is sleeping?

Swirls before pine.

Comment

Isn't it funny that the stuff on VH-1s "Worst Metal" and "Least Metal" and "Dumbest Videos" etc. WERE ALL IN NON-STOP HEAVY ROTATION ON VH-1 AND MTV !!!

What a pile of asshats they are. We knew what was crap back then, and NOW they get around to admitting it ! Feh.

(Rant ends)

Loudness was actually pretty good. Their vocalist didn't have the pipes that some of the others like Klaus Meine or Rob Halford had, but they were PROFESSIONALS, and rocked their tails off. The lead player had some real chops, and was quite creative, not the same wheedly-deedly-deedly licks everyone else used. He was about the same level as George Lynch or Warren DeMartini or (dare I say it) Vito Bratta.

The typical wall of amps, choreographed moves that weren't quite cheezy, and well produced albums.

I never understood the MZA thing, but it was actually the Japanese metal FANS that were funny rather than Loudness themselves.

Scott Ian said it best (though talking about someone else).
                              "Compared to the rest of the stuff on here, it was f***ing Beethoven".
                              “Never attribute to malice the things which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

Comment

Originally posted by isiah
                                yeah Loudness rocks!!

they're actually still around... the original band got together again a few yrs back i think.... but i still like their 80s stuff better... their new sound is more nu-metal + guitar solos...

Heh, I think that's the best explaination I have seen for their new sound. Extremely heavy, nu-metallish, but with solos. Yeah, I have pretty much all their new albums (except Racing although I hear it's their best since 1992).

About the singer. I think he's actually a pretty good singer. A lot of people have a problem with his accent but if you ever see their Live in Tokyo '83, you'll see he's a pretty good singer who can really hold a note well.

Comment

Working...
                                X