Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's japan metal band - Loudness

Have you heard of these guys? I saw them on VH1 most awesomely bad metal songs. the guitar player, akira takasaki, is quite good. he plays guitar van halen style. better than many 80's wankers i'd say. anybody know 'bout this band?
    boss dd-20
    ibanez jem7vwh
    ibanez js1000

Yeah, I remember Loudness...barely. Gosh, that was TWENTY years ago, and I had some bad habits back then. I can see in my mind either their logo or the album cover, can't remember which, but I don't remember any particular songs. I do remember that me and my friends thought that Takasaki shredded righteously and that their singer wasn't all that good. Hopefully, I'll come across an old tape of them sometime when I clean the basement.
    SPAM! - Agile 3000 CSB with US pots/switch/jack, new bone nut & pro setup - $330 in the SPAM thread.

"When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car." -Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Comment

funny that it was on "worst metal songs"

i dig Hide from X Japan. that's really the only one i've listened to for any amount of time.
      "Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
      Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
      http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

Thunder in the East!

Check out the band "Tokyo Blade". I liked them a lot.

Comment

yeah Loudness rocks!!

they're actually still around... the original band got together again a few yrs back i think.... but i still like their 80s stuff better... their new sound is more nu-metal + guitar solos...

check these out:

(Eng)
          Danger of love
          Never Change Your Mind
          Rock This Way

(Jap)
          Dream Fantasy
          In The Mirror (they did an eng ver. too..)
          Crazy Doctor
          Shadows of War
          Let It Go
          Ares' Lament
          Crazy Night
          Rock Shock
          Dark Desire
          Geraldine
          Speed
          "He who approaches the temple of the muses without inspiration in the belief that craftsmanship alone suffices will remain a bungler and his presumptuous poetry will be obscured by the songs of the maniacs"

Member of the Opeth Militia

http://xperimetal.blogspot.com

Comment

"Wock and woll kwazy nights
            You are the hewo tonight!"

Yeah they kicked some ass way back when.
            Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

wok or not, these japs kick ass!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3764132087

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Killer/KG-Prime-01.html
              Hitorikiri janai shinjiteitai hanareteitemo
              Nee aitai toki wa kono utawo dakishimete

Comment

SOOOOOOLDIER OF FORTUUUUUUUUUUUNE
                http://myspace.com/fallenground

DEAN Flying V w/Bareknuckle Warpigs
                Ibanez RG1550 w/ Tone Zone and Air Norton pickups
                Washburn NX-3
                ENGL Thunder 50 head
                Marshall 1939 2x12 cab (PoS)
                TC Electronics M-300 rack

Comment

Takasaki was definately a bad ass. I really liked his rhythm work.
                  The vocals were always very difficult to get accustomed to.
                  I have the Lightning Strikes record. It's okay but not as good as Thunder In the East.

Comment

I still have a live video of them for a concert in Japan.

Bad 80's Metal but the guitar player was the encyclopedia britanica of every 80's heavy rock guitar technique in the book.
                    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

"Roudness"

I had Thunder in the East. Not exactly the pinnacle of lyrical works, a touch "engrish" actually. But yeah, Takamawhatever wasn't no slouch on the geetar.

Man, where's Spaced Cowboy when ya need him? That dude can rattle off Crazy Night like he was Godzilla's love child.
                      Band Website - www.tk-421.net

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/TK-421/43220964860

Myspace - www.myspace.com/tk421band

Buy our Noise - TK-421 - CDBaby

Spector Euro 4 > Eden WT800B > Original Ampeg 8x10

Pedals are for bicycles

Comment

Their 'Law of Devil's Land' LP still RAAAAWKS! That was their 3rd album (in Japanese). Also, Akira Takasaki's 'Tusk of Jaguar' album is a mandatory purchase for fans of metal from the land of the rising sun. This album shows shows his range is much greater than the Loudness stuff.
                        "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

EZO is a better band--their english is much better, thx to Gene Simmons' mentoring/producing!! Akira kicks major ass, though, I will say that!!!
                          "--Mister, if you don't shut up, I'm going to kick 100% of your ASS!!!"
                          Judge Reinhold from 'Fast Times At Ridgemont High

GEAR:
                          *Epiphone Elitist 57 Les Paul GoldTop
                          *Fender LoneStar Strat
                          *Jackson DK2M
                          *Yamaha SA500B
                          *Squier 'Steve Vai Green' Strat
                          *Bugera 333XL Half-stack
                          *Marshall VS65R
                          *Peavey Vypyr15
                          *Assorted Boss, Digitech & BBE Pedals

Director of Operations/Quality Control/Recruitment, MAZI BEE MILITIA !! West Coast Chapter and Bassist Division, TOO!!!

Comment

Dead End is cool too...maybe a litle weird for year average metalhead.
                            "Really, you've been slaving over those analog washers and dryers long enough. It's time you went down to Sears and picked up a pair of the new Kenmore digital laundry machines. Tell the salesperson you saw this great 32-track model - no, it's not in the catalog. This Mitsubishi 800 32-track digital recorder was in... Patrick O'Hearn's laundry room?"

Comment

Originally posted by droge
                              EZO is a better band--their english is much better, thx to Gene Simmons' mentoring/producing!! Akira kicks major ass, though, I will say that!!!

Oooh! I remember them, they would show one of their videos on Headbangers Ball back in the late '80s. "Flashback, Heartattack"!

Comment

Working...
                              X