No announcement yet.

PodXT users, UNITE!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Lenk
    So after checking this thing out for a couple of days, I have to say I'm in. Just go easy on the initiation beatdown.

I still have yet to check out that "Brit JM Pre" amp model you were likin' so much. Plan on doing that tonight. Over the past few months I have completely forgotten about customtone.com and being able to download other people's patches. Some very good stuff can be had. Of course, there's some real **************** too
    **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
    XT Brotherhood
    SAVE ROCK!
    Me on Flickr

Originally Posted by SirGarrote

You're losing teh rawk.

Originally Posted by Gainon10

I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.

Originally Posted by mattburnside

Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

Comment

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I actually returned the Metal Shop pack after thoroughly testing it for three weeks. There were some good sounds in there, but I couldn't find anything that sounded as good to my ears as the stock Soldano SLO. Man that amp model rocks.

Anyone else love the SLO? I get the tightest, most bitchin' distorted rhythm sound out of it and a great crunchy lead when I use a bit more gain and mids. If the real SLO is anything like the model then I'd have to say I've found my dream amp to pine for.
      Stupednous is the disease. And I'm the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mind Riot
        I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I actually returned the Metal Shop pack after thoroughly testing it for three weeks. There were some good sounds in there, but I couldn't find anything that sounded as good to my ears as the stock Soldano SLO. Man that amp model rocks.

Anyone else love the SLO? I get the tightest, most bitchin' distorted rhythm sound out of it and a great crunchy lead when I use a bit more gain and mids. If the real SLO is anything like the model then I'd have to say I've found my dream amp to pine for.

Hell yeah! That soldano whoops! I used that on a ton of my tracks. I don't recall what cab I use though... which do you use? Do you have normal mic/AIR settings you normally use too, or do start from scratch on every patch?

I don't use the 'effects' knob much... does anyone else?
        **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
        XT Brotherhood
        SAVE ROCK!
        Me on Flickr

You're losing teh rawk.

Comment

Originally posted by aepoc

Hell yeah! That soldano whoops! I used that on a ton of my tracks. I don't recall what cab I use though... which do you use? Do you have normal mic/AIR settings you normally use too, or do start from scratch on every patch?

I don't use the 'effects' knob much... does anyone else?

I don't think I've ever used the effects knob since I got my PODxt. I don't use effects very much at all.

I use the Vintage 30 4x12 for rhythm, and either the Vin 30 or the 4x12 Celest 70's. The Vin 30 is the bomb for rhthym, it's the industry standard for a reason. The 70's cab has a bit more low and high, in my experience it tends to make leads sound a bit more crunchy, which can be good or bad.

I always use the SM57 on axis, zero room, zero effects, zero compression, with a noise gate for my main rhythm sound. It's tight and dry, just nothing but raw amp. Sometimes I've seen guys use effects like reverb and delay on their rhythm playing and I don't understand why. I assume it's because they feel a dry sound is boring to listen to, but if you want it to sound tight and clear on a recording you've got to have it dry.

For lead stuff, I put about 40 to 50% room and some reverb to make it sing, but even then not much.

The thing is that I'm a one man band type, and have been for years. So after all this time recording and mixing, I always dial in my sounds to sound good in the context of a mix, not sound good for bedroom jamming. I like it dry and tight, baby.

Comment

I don't think I've ever used the effects knob since I got my PODxt. I don't use effects very much at all.

I use the Vintage 30 4x12 for rhythm, and either the Vin 30 or the 4x12 Celest 70's. The Vin 30 is the bomb for rhthym, it's the industry standard for a reason. The 70's cab has a bit more low and high, in my experience it tends to make leads sound a bit more crunchy, which can be good or bad.

I always use the SM57 on axis, zero room, zero effects, zero compression, with a noise gate for my main rhythm sound. It's tight and dry, just nothing but raw amp. Sometimes I've seen guys use effects like reverb and delay on their rhythm playing and I don't understand why. I assume it's because they feel a dry sound is boring to listen to, but if you want it to sound tight and clear on a recording you've got to have it dry.

For lead stuff, I put about 40 to 50% room and some reverb to make it sing, but even then not much.

The thing is that I'm a one man band type, and have been for years. So after all this time recording and mixing, I always dial in my sounds to sound good in the context of a mix, not sound good for bedroom jamming. I like it dry and tight, baby.

Excellent, thanks man. I'll be tryin' this stuff out tonight, hopefully.

Hey, would you wanna collaborate on somethin'? I've got a track I did this past weekend and I could use a solo in one part and I'm not sure what to play... perhaps you could? I could email the track (mp3) to you if you like. PM me and lemme know.

Thanks again for the settings.
            **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
            XT Brotherhood
            SAVE ROCK!
            Me on Flickr

You're losing teh rawk.

Comment

. I like it dry and tight, baby.

haha... I Like it tight and wet... haha, sorry couldnt help it.

Comment

Do you guys usually use the USB output or the regular 1/4" outputs to record? I finally tried to start recording yesterday and I'm having problems with the USB output and my recording program (n-Track Studio). It does record a signal, but the playback I got was all choppy and the program kept freezing. I will give it a shot with the 1/4" outputs like I used to do with my J-Station in the meantime, but I thought I read that the USB output is a better quality signal.
                XT Brotherhood

My eBay auctions

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt
                  Do you guys usually use the USB output or the regular 1/4" outputs to record? I finally tried to start recording yesterday and I'm having problems with the USB output and my recording program (n-Track Studio). It does record a signal, but the playback I got was all choppy and the program kept freezing. I will give it a shot with the 1/4" outputs like I used to do with my J-Station in the meantime, but I thought I read that the USB output is a better quality signal.

The USB output is better. You should deffinitly use it. Im not sure how to fix your problem, are you sure your computer has USB 2.0 or better? The USB has never been a problem for me, works perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by aepoc

Excellent, thanks man. I'll be tryin' this stuff out tonight, hopefully.

Hey, would you wanna collaborate on somethin'? I've got a track I did this past weekend and I could use a solo in one part and I'm not sure what to play... perhaps you could? I could email the track (mp3) to you if you like. PM me and lemme know.

Thanks again for the settings.

I record with a Tascam 788 so I can't do mp3's or internet collaborations. The 788 can import and export .wav files which could then be converted to mp3 but I don't have a program for it, I'm not really on the net yet with my music. Thanks for the offer though! Plus I'm not much of a soloist.

Oh, another thing. On the Soldano patch, I try to set the EQ more or less flat, perhaps with a bit more treble than bass or mids, and no presence. Also, one thing that I find really keeps things clear with my seven string is to cut quite a bit (10 db or so) at 370 hz on the parametric EQ. Those low mids really muddy things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjudah

haha... I Like it tight and wet... haha, sorry couldnt help it.

I guess I walked right into that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt

I record with a Tascam 788, so I use the 1/4" outs. I've heard a lot of guys on the Line 6 forums talk about latency problems and other things with the USB outs. I'd check at the Line 6 forums, they would probably have more info.

Comment

• I have a POD XT with all the option packs installed.

Help me out, how do I make the text red?

http://sergv.net
                          myspace.com/sergvmusic

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjudah

I have. Right now the Diezel is my main high gain sound.

I'm using the uber again. I like the big bottom too. The Deity Lead can do the lead tone nicely but seems thin compared to the Uber. The jury is still out on the Cornford, I haven't had much time to dick with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SERGV
                              I have a POD XT with all the option packs installed.

Help me out, how do I make the text red?

http://sergv.net

{color=red} XT Brotherhood {/color}

replace the {'s and }s with ['s and ]'s, respectively, and you're set!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mind Riot

I record with a Tascam 788, so I use the 1/4" outs. I've heard a lot of guys on the Line 6 forums talk about latency problems and other things with the USB outs. I'd check at the Line 6 forums, they would probably have more info.

Yah, that would be a good Idea to check out the L6 forums. However I do know that most of the time, if people are having problems with the USB recording, the problem is almost always on their end. Usualy a hardware issue of some sort. I would run a dxdaig to find out for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X