Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

PodXT users, UNITE!

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by aepoc


    Great, now you've got me wanting TWO PODxt's.


    Once I get the cash I fully plan to run 2 XT lives for my live rig. It'll sound great, but the real show will be my dancing around trying to change both units.
    XT Brotherhood

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Sinth


      Once I get the cash I fully plan to run 2 XT lives for my live rig. It'll sound great, but the real show will be my dancing around trying to change both units.


      Why dont you just run one in stereo? Do you realy need the 2 diffrent amp models?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by andrewjudah
        Why dont you just run one in stereo? Do you realy need the 2 diffrent amp models?


        Ever used two at once? Owning a duoverb, yeah... two amp models can make one's tone infinitely better. Not just two times better.

        Two PODxt's would be sweet!
        **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
        XT Brotherhood
        SAVE ROCK!
        Me on Flickr







        Originally Posted by SirGarrote


        You're losing teh rawk.









        Originally Posted by Gainon10


        I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









        Originally Posted by mattburnside


        Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by andrewjudah


          Why dont you just run one in stereo? Do you realy need the 2 diffrent amp models?


          Because I want to run multiple amp models at once. Running something nice and high gain blended with something crisp and articulate like a british combo makes for some heavenly sounds. Since a large portion of my band's upcoming recordings will be done with multiple guitar tracks using multiple models, I want to get another to be able to reproduce those tones more accurately live.
          XT Brotherhood

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by aepoc


            Ever used two at once? Owning a duoverb, yeah... two amp models can make one's tone infinitely better. Not just two times better.

            Two PODxt's would be sweet!


            Dont... I cant afford to buy another...

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Sinth
              Because I want to run multiple amp models at once. Running something nice and high gain blended with something crisp and articulate like a british combo makes for some heavenly sounds. Since a large portion of my band's upcoming recordings will be done with multiple guitar tracks using multiple models, I want to get another to be able to reproduce those tones more accurately live.


              Genius!

              I think I'm pretty decent at amp blending:

              http://www.aepoc.com/backinthemiddle.mp3
              **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
              XT Brotherhood
              SAVE ROCK!
              Me on Flickr







              Originally Posted by SirGarrote


              You're losing teh rawk.









              Originally Posted by Gainon10


              I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









              Originally Posted by mattburnside


              Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by andrewjudah


                Dont... I cant afford to buy another...


                Get a Duoverb on Ebay

                They rock.

                **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                XT Brotherhood
                SAVE ROCK!
                Me on Flickr







                Originally Posted by SirGarrote


                You're losing teh rawk.









                Originally Posted by Gainon10


                I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









                Originally Posted by mattburnside


                Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by aepoc


                  Get a Duoverb on Ebay

                  They rock.



                  Thats a cool looking rig you got there. I was thinking about selling my DL-4 because the podxt live does everything it does and more... am I stupid?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by andrewjudah
                    Thats a cool looking rig you got there. I was thinking about selling my DL-4 because the podxt live does everything it does and more... am I stupid?


                    Thanks. I have since gotten rid of that Peavey XL. Had a El Diablo too, but had to sell that due to money issues. *sigh*.... that was a great amp.

                    If I had an XT live, I'd sell the DL-4 too. You can still get a nice price for it... I love the pedal. I'm hanging on to mine, for when I have a band again.
                    **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                    XT Brotherhood
                    SAVE ROCK!
                    Me on Flickr







                    Originally Posted by SirGarrote


                    You're losing teh rawk.









                    Originally Posted by Gainon10


                    I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









                    Originally Posted by mattburnside


                    Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by aepoc


                      Thanks. I have since gotten rid of that Peavey XL. Had a El Diablo too, but had to sell that due to money issues. *sigh*.... that was a great amp.

                      If I had an XT live, I'd sell the DL-4 too. You can still get a nice price for it... I love the pedal. I'm hanging on to mine, for when I have a band again.


                      Sucks when you have to sell gear for money.. man I hate that. Im actualy quite suprised how good the xt live sounds infront of my laney stack. Very clear sound, and even the stompbox models seems to kick ass... they actualy drive the front end of my amp, in a very pleasing way. Now I see why Opeth uses a similar set up for live gigs... just leaving it on the clean channel and using the XT for all my sounds is pretty fun.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Bump, for a great thread.
                        **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                        XT Brotherhood
                        SAVE ROCK!
                        Me on Flickr







                        Originally Posted by SirGarrote


                        You're losing teh rawk.









                        Originally Posted by Gainon10


                        I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









                        Originally Posted by mattburnside


                        Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Has anyone been able to get a good sound out of the Diezel or the Cornford models? Sounds like moist ass to me

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by PGM301
                            Has anyone been able to get a good sound out of the Diezel or the Cornford models? Sounds like moist ass to me


                            I have. Right now the Diezel is my main high gain sound.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by PGM301
                              Has anyone been able to get a good sound out of the Diezel or the Cornford models? Sounds like moist ass to me


                              I'm with andrewjudah, I find myself using the Diezel a lot more in the recent weeks. The Cornford is a bit more difficult to get goin'. I use the compressor to make it louder, it seems they modeled it really quiet. Either way, I think I have 4 or 5 Diezel patches, and only one Cornford patch.
                              **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                              XT Brotherhood
                              SAVE ROCK!
                              Me on Flickr







                              Originally Posted by SirGarrote


                              You're losing teh rawk.









                              Originally Posted by Gainon10


                              I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.









                              Originally Posted by mattburnside


                              Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                So after checking this thing out for a couple of days, I have to say I'm in. Just go easy on the initiation beatdown.
                                XT Brotherhood

                                Possum plaudere et carpere melius omnes meo ludo.

                                Comment









                                Working...
                                X