Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scary_Man
    P.S. how do you make red letters in your sig?

type this in your sig:

COLOR=red

With "[" in front and "]" behind it

(without the "")

then write:

XT Brotherhood

then write:

/COLOR

with "[" in front and "]" behind.
    (still without the "")

if I write it exactly like it's supposed to look it would turn the code invisible and text between it would turn red
    ^ It`s just IMO. Keep your panties on.

Current gear-list:
    - 1999 Fiesta Red Fender US `57 Reissue strat
    - 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
    - 2003 Line 6 Pod XT
    ----
    Member of HCIALC, HCOIF,
    the HCGJOMGTKKTB militia
    And XT Brotherhood

Comment

• Brothers, the new Porcupine Tree album was done with a Podxt... and the tone kicks ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjudah
        Brothers, the new Porcupine Tree album was done with a Podxt... and the tone kicks ass.

Which is the reason I may too become and XT Brother (after the purchase of my Roland GR, that is).

Anyone of you folks reckon you could coax out tones like that for givin' me a listen-to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Franks

Which is the reason I may too become and XT Brother (after the purchase of my Roland GR, that is).

Anyone of you folks reckon you could coax out tones like that for givin' me a listen-to?

Well I dont know what kind of tones you want to hear, but I asure you its basicly all in there.. this is a song I did with the podxt about a year ago, and it sounds even better now with all the recent updates.

Octaton

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjudah

Well I dont know what kind of tones you want to hear, but I asure you its basicly all in there.. this is a song I did with the podxt about a year ago, and it sounds even better now with all the recent updates.

Octaton

I really like the tone in the opening intro of Open Car. I can get something close to that out of my Johnson, but it still has too much low-end or something, not crisp enough.

That's really what I want in life - crisp tone.

Comment

• I'm in.
              I have a Pod XT Live that I use in the loop of my powerball for FX.
              Its paired with a Randall RP2/200 watt stereo amp as my back up rig.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyM
                I'm in.
                I have a Pod XT Live that I use in the loop of my powerball for FX.
                Its paired with a Randall RP2/200 watt stereo amp as my back up rig.

How do you have it set up, for just effects. I have been trying to find a good way to do that, but nothing that usefull yet. It always seems to take control of the amps overall volume, and you have to control the master volume with the tiny little "level" knob on the back of the xt live... how do you do yours?

Comment

• How do you have it set up, for just effects. I have been trying to find a good way to do that, but nothing that usefull yet. It always seems to take control of the amps overall volume, and you have to control the master volume with the tiny little "level" knob on the back of the xt live... how do you do yours?

For leads I set up a patch where I turned off the amp, cab and mic models and only turn on the fx that I want (delay, reverb, mod). I set it to studio/direct mode. Level knob on the back is set to 120.

For rythms I have a patch where I turned everything off (amps, cabs, mic, fx).

It works great for me that way in the serial fx loop of my Powerball. The hardest part was finding the spot on the level knob of the back of XTL that wouldnt add volume or take away volume from my Powerball settings. 120 worked for me.

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm new here and i recently got a Pod XT live.
                    So far i'm happy with it, but I just can't nail that sound i'm looking for.
                    It's tight (saturated but not to much) mean sounding(biting mids).
                    so far the only model that does somewhat of this is the marshall jtm pre model.
                    You've got some tips on eq'ing, reverd, other stuff i didn't think about?
                    I'm going to buy the metal model pack but i've got no money yet.
                    Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Hello all, first time poster.

I've had an xt for a few months now. Initially I was only using it for effects in the loop of my Tech 21 Trademark 10. Well worth the money for that application as I was getting some nice sounds to compliment the TM10. Very recently I have been experimenting with the amp models and have found 2 which I really like quite a bit. The chunk chunk model from the metal pack sounds quite nice as well as the line 6 sparkle clean. Here's my setup:

Kramer Striker>pod xt>effects loop of the TM10>Crate Blue Voodoo 4 x 12

Recording software is Soundforge v7 with the pod connected via usb

I'm starting to coax some real nice tones out of this setup at very low volume levels (like t.v. level), so my neighbours are happy.

Here's some clippage for you of my very first pod recordings. There's 4 in total. The one labelled pod riff was recorded without any cab sim, the one labelled v 30 is using the vintage 30 cab, the one labelled t75 is using the celestion g12-75 ( is that right?), and the one labelled keef is using a variation of that same riff through the line 6 sparkle clean amp using the t75 cab. The other riffs use the chunk chunk amp. Reverb comes from the pod as does the eq. Nothing was done to the recording from Soundforge.

One problem though: How do I get rid of the fizzies? The sound coming out of my 4 x12 is very warm, but the recorded version has way too much high end fizz. Advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Go easy on me, this is my very first attempt at recording with the pod. Hope you enjoy:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/crsantinmusic.htm

Comment

• I bought one of these.

It sounds pretty good, but I bought it mainly for recording, and the record via USB feature does not work.

It pisses me off because line6 pretty much ignores the problem.

The recordings made via usb are filled with pops clicks and hisses.

I've tried several machines, pci usb cards, etc. and nothing works.

I call them on the phone and they say they've never heard of the problem despite there being a giant thread on it in their support forum.

Kind of pisses me off.

Comment

• Dave,

Are you using line 6 edit or guitarport software? I hooked mine up straight into my usb port and my computer recognized the pod and once I installed the software I was up and running.

What recording software are you using? I've only just started direct recording with mine into Soundforge and it's been really easy and it sounds good-no hissing or popping or noise at all.

Comment

• Any problem you may be having with the USB recording, is a user problem. When installed properly, with the correct drivers and so on, it works flawless. It was so easy to get up and running, its not even funny.

..the countless times people have attempted to use the usb recording, yet not have a computer with usb 2.0 makes me laugh.

Comment

• hey everyone,

glad to find this post. I am in. Just upgrade from the pod 2 to the XT last week. Still working on my new sounds.

::: just an aside andrewjudah ... love the porcupine tree can't wait for the Us release of the new album. Steve Wilson gets some awesome sounds, have heard the new album used the podXT :::

anyway, i am using the pod with an am delux mahog strat and a traynor ycv50 blue. am about to try out the guitarport stuff.

peace everyone,
                              Boutros
                              XT Brotherhood

"one day everything is gonna be smooth like a rhapsody, when i paint my masterpiece." R Zimmerman

Comment

• Originally posted by boutros
                                hey everyone,

glad to find this post. I am in. Just upgrade from the pod 2 to the XT last week. Still working on my new sounds.

::: just an aside andrewjudah ... love the porcupine tree can't wait for the Us release of the new album. Steve Wilson gets some awesome sounds, have heard the new album used the podXT :::

anyway, i am using the pod with an am delux mahog strat and a traynor ycv50 blue. am about to try out the guitarport stuff.

peace everyone,
                                Boutros

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X