Collapse
No announcement yet.

PodXT users, UNITE!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zoidberg nah-ah.. not in Norway.. cheaper to import..
    they go for around 800$ new here..
    :/
    That's funckin outrageous, protectionism?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoidberg
      I'm getting a POD XT..
      what's the cheapest way to get one?
      Any of you peeps that work in a guitarshop, and can get a employee-discount or something?

dude, Ebay.

even if you get raped on shipping ( i dunno, $50 USD? ), it'd STILL be at most ~$280 USD...

$800 ****************ING DOLLARS??!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjudah
        So who here uses their podxt with an amp. I have been using my podxt live with my Laney VH100r stack, and I am very happy with the sounds I have been getting. I am still testing things out, seeing what fits best. Somtimes I go through the front of the amp, and just use the podxt for effects, and sometimes I go through the effects loop and use everything (amp modeling and so on) .. but when I do this I turn of the cab and mic models completly... anybody else been experimenting with this? tips? results? share with your brethren.

You're best off thinking outside the box and using an amp that is completely linear. Myself, I use a Yorkville MP6 PA head and two Yorkville PA speakers for my backline. Stacked amp-style, it takes up as much space as two Twins stacked one on top of the other.

I have all the benefits of going direct into the PA without worrying if the house PA will suck (or if there's no house PA or monitors). Mainly, I love having 325 watts behind me, mother****************ers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Hook

You're best off thinking outside the box and using an amp that is completely linear. Myself, I use a Yorkville MP6 PA head and two Yorkville PA speakers for my backline. Stacked amp-style, it takes up as much space as two Twins stacked one on top of the other.

I have all the benefits of going direct into the PA without worrying if the house PA will suck (or if there's no house PA or monitors). Mainly, I love having 325 watts behind me, mother****************ers!!

You see... I tried going direct into the p.a ... now It sounds good, but not near as powerfull as when I go through my tube head. It sounded thin in comparison, how are you hooking it up? I have a pretty good P.A in my jam room, so I sent the stereo outputs of the pod into 2 channels on my mixer. Panned left and right (for the left and right outputs of the podxt live) ... studio direct mode, and it just didnt have the punchy power of the 4x12/tube head.

Comment

So who here uses their podxt with an amp. I have been using my podxt live with my Laney VH100r stack, and I am very happy with the sounds I have been getting. I am still testing things out, seeing what fits best. Somtimes I go through the front of the amp, and just use the podxt for effects, and sometimes I go through the effects loop and use everything (amp modeling and so on) .. but when I do this I turn of the cab and mic models completly... anybody else been experimenting with this? tips? results? share with your brethren.

Never tried it myself. I usually run the red beast through my studio monitors. Gives me the best representation of what'll be going onto the recordings.

Sometimes I'll run it into a clean power amp and then a 2x12 cab with the modeled cab off just for kicks, but nothing sounds like studio monitors.

One time I had the opportunity to run it at a buddy of mine's house through an old Yamaha tube PA amp into a 4x12 cab and really crank it. I don't get to play very loud in my apartment. Nothing like feeling your chest compress and your pants flap.
            Stupednous is the disease. And I'm the solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by alby
              That's funckin outrageous, protectionism?

Meh, it's actually more like $ 623.

If you get a job waiting tables or something like that you'll have that kind of money in four days.

Anyway, it's worth every dime IMO. I love it. No expansion packs yet, maybe sometime later on whenever I get bored with it.

I got the original Pod in 1999. I ran teh Blackface patch trough a PA and A/B tested against my Reissue Deluxe Reverb.

No competition, the Pod rules.

The XT rules even more, but it has a higher learning curve. getting used to it takes a few months, and by that time you can produce some very sweet tones very easily.

The fact that it actually enables you to go to gigs with nothing but a gigbag (Pod in front pocket) is great too - heck, you can even ride your bicycle to and from gigs!
              ^ It`s just IMO. Keep your panties on.

Current gear-list:
              - 1999 Fiesta Red Fender US `57 Reissue strat
              - 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
              - 2003 Line 6 Pod XT
              ----
              Member of HCIALC, HCOIF,
              the HCGJOMGTKKTB militia
              And XT Brotherhood

Comment

• Originally posted by AS200

Meh, it's actually more like $ 623.

The listprice at my local shop isn't that low
                my band @ myspace: Green Light, GO!

"Just because you're paranoid,
                don't mean they're not after you"

Good deals with: theweight (x1000, top man!), ILoveYouMan, Clorox, ollenorin, jubb, Ancient Mariner, Stubacca, kyrreca, Mike_Muse_Rage (eBay-transaction), bvester, sh333, shegobblescock, cdarwincole, putdownripoff, Devi Ever (eBay)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoidberg

The listprice at my local shop isn't that low

try mario's musikk, or http://www.sound1.no

They have it at NOK 3790.

Norwegian online shop, situated in Harstad. Very safe and very cheap.

Current gear-list:
                  - 2003 Line 6 Pod XT
                  ----
                  Member of HCIALC, HCOIF,
                  the HCGJOMGTKKTB militia
                  And XT Brotherhood

Comment

• ^
                    Can't afford one at that price.. And I need one, now!

So,
                    lemme just say
                    **Reverse SPAM - WTB Pod XT**
                    my band @ myspace: Green Light, GO!

"Just because you're paranoid,
                    don't mean they're not after you"

Good deals with: theweight (x1000, top man!), ILoveYouMan, Clorox, ollenorin, jubb, Ancient Mariner, Stubacca, kyrreca, Mike_Muse_Rage (eBay-transaction), bvester, sh333, shegobblescock, cdarwincole, putdownripoff, Devi Ever (eBay)

Comment

• So what does everybody have on their most wanted list for the next update... personaly I would realy like them to model the digitech whammy and maybe a harmoniser. The tuner also could use alot of work, its not very good at all.

Comment

The tuner also could use alot of work, its not very good at all.

are you serious??? i LOVE the tuner!!!

hmm.. for the next update i would like everything to sound better

oh yeah anyone have any tips on using the stompbox models?? any tips on how to use them with the amp models?

Comment

• Originally posted by weezy17

oh yeah anyone have any tips on using the stompbox models?? any tips on how to use them with the amp models?

The Tuner is very week, in comparison to other more powerfull tuners. I am also using a boss tu-2 pedal tuner as part of my "live rig".

Comment

The Tuner is very week, in comparison to other more powerfull tuners. I am also using a boss tu-2 pedal tuner as part of my "live rig".

man... those strobostomp tuners must be freaking awesome then. geez. i really don't know what i'm missing

Comment

• Isn't it crazy how some of us LOVE the POD series, and some HATE it? Makes me really wonder if they're doing something totally ****************ed up, or if our ears just suck. Either way, I think mine sounds amazing, and wouldn't ever trade it, unless Line6 tops their current stuff... which I'm sure they will.

All in all.... I'll be trying my PODxt into my new Randall RM50 combo. I'll also be trying my Randall INTO my PODxt, and get some clips done.
                              **ROCK ON MAZI BEE**
                              XT Brotherhood
                              SAVE ROCK!
                              Me on Flickr

Originally Posted by SirGarrote

You're losing teh rawk.

Originally Posted by Gainon10

I think putting an amp on less than "10" is a fear of committment.

Originally Posted by mattburnside

Liar. Women don't understand fractions.

Comment

• Originally posted by weezy17

Stompboxes?

Hmm... I hardly ever use them, but since I have no Wha I sometimes use the auto-wha. Medium sensitivity really makes it sensitive to attack-strength, you can really make it sing if you play dynamically.

The stomp-box compressor sounds better than the Vetta-compressor IMO (the stompbox version is better than the one with it's own designated button). Or maybe it's just easier to dial in properly.

As for the overdrives, the Rat-simulation ("classic overdrive") is by far the best one IMO. A tiny taste of that baby in front of a Bassman-patch makes for a decent SRV-style bright and cutting sound.

Oh, and I ALWAYS use the noise-reduction, set to about - 60 or something. It's really effective, and doesn't affect sustain much if you tweak it properly. It's so effective, I can even use my old and very noisy strat live

Current gear-list:
                                - 2003 Line 6 Pod XT
                                ----
                                Member of HCIALC, HCOIF,
                                the HCGJOMGTKKTB militia
                                And XT Brotherhood

Comment

Working...
                                X