Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best American rock band ever.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned a long time ago that there is no point trying to explain the Dead to someone who doesn't get it...
    Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
    -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Whats not to get I just never desired to listen to them.

Comment

CCR rulz.
        ( 1st MOTGLHC )
        Click these :
        ( o )( o )

Originally posted by lawboy
        Brikus, that's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Kudos my brother. There will now be an honorary Trollie Award each year named in honor of you and that thread, called the Open G Piano Award.

Originally posted by soup in a Petra Nemcova VS Josie Maran thread :
        The only real winner in this thread is my weewee.

non-br00tz

Comment

We saw CCR, that is, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, and was pleasantly surprised on how well John Tristao sings ala Fogerty. Elliot Easton was playing with the band when we saw them and his version of Susie Q was to DIE FOR! Best version I ever heard. Elliot is a monster on guitar.

Fogerty has been pretty much a ****************head when it comes to dealing with past bandmates Stu and Cosmo.

CCR

Comment

No doubt that CCR, the Dead, the Eagles, Van Halen et al were all great. What is sad is that the band I consider to be the greatest of their time has been forgotten. Moby Grape were amazing song-writers and musicians who crashed and burned so quickly that folks today don't even remember that they existed. Listen to their first album or Wow or get the compilation Vintage: The Very Best of Moby Grape and you will be astounded.
            Originally Posted by Samilyn

Can't put a price on the love one has for an instrument, the mojo it gains from being played by you or good friends, or the good feelings it produces when you pick it up and it feels like an old friend, no matter what the the numbers on the price tag.

Listen to my CD on iTunes: The Girl With A Pearl Earring by Steve Z

One of my songs done by a friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJQQGTtRqy0

Comment

Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
              I'm not sure UHG knows much about or has heard much Dead. Either that, or he just doesn't get them.

I've had the self-titled debut, the WALSTIB "greatest hits" complilation, and a friend let me borrow American Beauty for a month. I've also been at friend's places where numerous bootlegs and homemade compilations have been spun up. (Now comes the inevitable slew of recomendations for listening followed by "You have to see them live to appreciate them."

They just leave me flat and uninspired. I don't dislike them, but they just don't do a thing for me. I will say that their more obscure songs are far better than any of their radio staples, which are quite mediocre...but that's true of many bands.

Aerosmith strikes me as so much more pose and hype than substance, they might sneak into my top 20 American bands, but not much further. Even during their "rocking era" from the early to late 70's I think the only thing that gave them momentum was the fact that they WERE American and could put on a decent live show when sober, but IMO they couldn't stand on the stage with a quality European band like say the Scorpions.
              I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by babablowfish
                No doubt that CCR, the Dead, the Eagles, Van Halen et al were all great. What is sad is that the band I consider to be the greatest of their time has been forgotten. Moby Grape were amazing song-writers and musicians who crashed and burned so quickly that folks today don't even remember that they existed. Listen to their first album or Wow or get the compilation Vintage: The Very Best of Moby Grape and you will be astounded.

Their first record is amazing.

Jerry Miller rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain

They just leave me flat and uninspired. I don't dislike them, but they just don't do a thing for me. Unlike Phish. MY GOD do i absolutely love that group. Never will there be another band in the history of time that can affect me like they do.

Nice to hear that

Comment

they can't be, the stooges already are maybe you miscounted and they're #2?
                    GIMMAGE Avatar Generator
                    Domain Parking Script
                    MyGathering.Info Article Reader
                    Tech Outfitters Tech for travel
                    Apphile App store search
                    The Art World of Loren MacIver
                    Postpainting Online Art Site
                    Apple Mac OSX iPad iPhone iPod Touch News & Info
                    also..
                    Twitter College
                    ANIMAL FIGHT
                    Commodore Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by tiger roach
                      I learned a long time ago that there is no point trying to explain the Dead to someone who doesn't get it...

Yep, you're either on the bus or off the bus.

Also, another great American Band which I didn't see listed would be Little Feat when Lowell George was alive.
                      Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                      Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Although CCR was inducted as a band, Fogerty refused to play with his former bandmates (I think his brother had already died by then, but couldn't swear to that), although they were led to believe that they would be onstage for the festivities. They came to soundcheck early that day and were told they were not allowed to play that night.

Instead Fogerty got up and played CCR songs with a bunch of other rock stars.

BK

Don't forget that the his old band mates tried to sue Fogarty for copyright infringment for his solo career song "The Old Man is Down the Road" due to its similarity to "Run Through the Jungle".

They lost. It's not similar enough.
                        "You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered, pan-sexual roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."

-- Frank Zappa
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Gear:
                        '83 Am Std Strat
                        Nelsonic Lester Atomic Series
                        '71 Twin Reverb w/JBL's
                        Roland Microcube
                        ProCo Turbo Rat w/Keeley 3-Way Mod
                        Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
                        Mi Audio Tube Zone
                        Morley Power Wah (hard wired AC)
                        Boss RC-2 Loop Station
                        Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Comment

• Originally posted by Akimbo

Nice to hear that

lame...

Go listen to Novembre.
                          I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Working...
                          X