Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best American rock band ever.

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by gaspergoo
    I would have to say Aerosmith. Going to an Aerosmith show I saw 3 generations of fans. A testamet to their longevity.
    Credence was a band for a short time that put out a lot of great poppy rock songs.
    Also Steely Dan is better!


    I used to like Aerosmith, but now I find myself despising them more with each passing year.
    I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

    METALMILITIA

    All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

    Comment


    • #32
      Ramones toured worldwide for 22 years on the stength of three chords and 2.5 minute songs.

      That's American rock&roll.

      Just read this book- pretty good story of the band, obviously written by a fan (Dee Dee was not a writing genius and Johnny was not the greatest guitar player in rock).

      DJ's on the radio
      Karaoke in the shower
      ¬°Support Live Musica!

      Comment


      • #33
        Everyone knows that GN'R was/is the greatest American rock band.
        That which gives light must endure burning. - Viktor Frankel

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Uzi Suicide 2029
          Everyone knows that GN'R was/is the greatest American rock band.



          I put them on my list as one of the best, but they only had one good album.
          Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer
          its a slippery slope man. first Eb, then D. next thing you know you'll be tuning to C standard and playing guitars with DiMarzio Dropsonic pups in them. then comes the facemasks. its a gateway drug man, don't do it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by theflyingeyebal



            I put them on my list as one of the best, but they only had one good album.


            OK. Kids these days. Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Tower of Power, ABB, Velvet Underground, Mothers of Invention, Skynyrd, REM, 100000 Maniacs, Byrds, Drive-By Truckers, etc.

            As for CCR, I have every album; that's enough.
            Originally Posted by requiem156



            I don't have to find something to dislike - it comes naturally.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by theflyingeyebal



              I put them on my list as one of the best, but they only had one good album.


              Bite your tongue! Every album they ever made was incredible. They were the only band to ever have TWO albums at the top two positions of the Billboard charts in the history of music, and Axl had his own line of basketball shoes and he didn't even play ball! That's saying quite a bit.
              That which gives light must endure burning. - Viktor Frankel

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Uzi Suicide 2029


                Bite your tongue! Every album they ever made was incredible. They were the only band to ever have TWO albums at the top two positions of the Billboard charts in the history of music, and Axl had his own line of basketball shoes and he didn't even play ball! That's saying quite a bit.



                No...Appetite was incredible. Use Your Illusion was bloated and only half good. The Spaghetti Incident sucked. Once they lost Izzy, gained that Gilby guy, got some background singers, horn players, a huge stage, and all these keyboardists, they started to become a farce. Then they all got fired by Axl, and vanished into oblivion.
                Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer
                its a slippery slope man. first Eb, then D. next thing you know you'll be tuning to C standard and playing guitars with DiMarzio Dropsonic pups in them. then comes the facemasks. its a gateway drug man, don't do it.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Brian Krashpad


                  Although CCR was inducted as a band, Fogerty refused to play with his former bandmates (I think his brother had already died by then, but couldn't swear to that), although they were led to believe that they would be onstage for the festivities. They came to soundcheck early that day and were told they were not allowed to play that night.



                  Instead Fogerty got up and played CCR songs with a bunch of other rock stars.

                  BK


                  Ah, that sucks.
                  Anyone seen Dano?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    CCR is best American Band Ever, I agree.

                    Comment


                    • #40

                      Best.Americanrockcd.Ever
                      Originally posted by bernardo gui

                      THIS BAND SUCKED DEAD DOG DICKS ALL DAY LONG IN THE RAIN.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Grateful Dead? I mean we are talking a BAND here. Not some frontman/guitar wanker thing (like Van Halen). I think of CCR as a singer/songwriter+backing musicians effort more than anything else. Same with Nirvana etc....But if you want a band that draws on all elements of AMERICAN music, and is an example of a true band with equal contributions from all, and has longevity, and played TOGETHER LIVE instead of studio stuff (it's not officially a BAND if they all play in different places and put it together in a studio,like Boston)...your talking the Dead.
                        "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by guitarcapo
                          Grateful Dead? I mean we are talking a BAND here. Not some frontman/guitar wanker thing (like Van Halen). I think of CCR as a singer/songwriter+backing musicians effort more than anything else. Same with Nirvana etc....But if you want a band that draws on all elements of AMERICAN music, and is an example of a true band with equal contributions from all, and has longevity, and played TOGETHER LIVE instead of studio stuff (it's not officially a BAND if they all play in different places and put it together in a studio,like Boston)...your talking the Dead.


                          Or the Allman Brothers.
                          Originally posted by bernardo gui

                          THIS BAND SUCKED DEAD DOG DICKS ALL DAY LONG IN THE RAIN.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            John Fogerty was the genius behind the band... on the early records, he not only wrote almost everything, but he also recorded most of the parts - drums, bass, guitars, and vocals...

                            The way I've heard it, the record company people got in the heads of the other band members, and Tom, John's brother, wanted all the musical decisions to be democratic, not 'John's way'... that effort produced the worst-selling record in the Creedence catalog... when John said it was obvious that wasn't working, Tom left - the record companies had contracts that essentially screwed John out of a lot of royalties, and he's been bitter about that for a long time... but John went to see Tom when Tom was dying, hoping to reconcile, but even then, Tom said that his manager was his best friend in the world... (the guy who orchestrated the record deal that screwed John)...

                            Today it seems like John has moved on, but he was bitter for a LONG time about the way he was treated by the record companies, the band, and his brother... and it's also clear that John was the obvious talent in the band, as he's had (when he wanted it), a successful solo career, while the others are still playing the same songs, almost 40 years later...
                            mUk: an insignificant or contemptible person


                            "If you quote yourself in your sig, your a dummy" - guitarmook

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Grateful Dead
                              Talking Heads
                              Frank Zappa
                              Allman Brothers
                              Phish (will always say this if you havent noticed)

                              I love CCR, but i like any of these bands as greatest american rock band ever.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Akimbo
                                Grateful Dead
                                Talking Heads
                                Frank Zappa
                                Allman Brothers
                                Phish (will always say this if you havent noticed)

                                I love CCR, but i like any of these bands as greatest american rock band ever.


                                When did the Dead become a rock band? Last I knew they played amplified folk and country with bluegrass inspired excursions that lacked the virtuosity of true bluegrass and went on for far too long.
                                I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

                                METALMILITIA

                                All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X