Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best American rock band ever.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell yeah !!!

CCR ruuuuuuuuulz !!!!
    ( 1st MOTGLHC )
    Click these :
    ( o )( o )

Originally posted by lawboy
    Brikus, that's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Kudos my brother. There will now be an honorary Trollie Award each year named in honor of you and that thread, called the Open G Piano Award.

Originally posted by soup in a Petra Nemcova VS Josie Maran thread :
    The only real winner in this thread is my weewee.

non-br00tz

Comment

Originally posted by bsman

I'll bet this is what he's talking about:

Bad Moon Rising: The Unofficial History of Creedence Clearwater Revival by Hank Bordowitz

I just read it, and it was really interesting and terribly depressing...

That's the one.

BK
      Visit Crash Pad at:
      http://CrashPadBand.com
      CONSUME!:
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
      Gear List/Pics:
      https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

That's the one.

BK

what is it about, more precisely ?
        ( 1st MOTGLHC )
        Click these :
        ( o )( o )

Originally posted by lawboy
        Brikus, that's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Kudos my brother. There will now be an honorary Trollie Award each year named in honor of you and that thread, called the Open G Piano Award.

Originally posted by soup in a Petra Nemcova VS Josie Maran thread :
        The only real winner in this thread is my weewee.

non-br00tz

Comment

Creedence Clearwater was the best American rock band EVER....

John Fogerty was CCR, Tom Fogerty could sing very good and sung almost all the songs in their early days as The Blue Velvets and The Golliwogs but John made the band as great as they were. Tom left because he wanted to sing more and Stu and Doug wanted be more out front in the band but lacked the talent.
          John Fogerty said that he would never play with them again because they went against him and sided with the record company which caused him alot of trouble with his music and also the money he had coming to him.
          DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

Comment

i think band of gypsies was the best american rock band, but im a hendrix freak so im biased. i wouldve said experience but they werent all american. also, as much as i think buddy miles shouldve stayed off the mic for the band of gypsies shows, he's still one hell of a solid drummer.

but to the point of this thread, i love CCR also. i do think it was pure **************************** of fogerty to do what he did. but damn he can write some good rock songs
            <

Spam: line 6 floorboard it works with AX2, Flextone, FlextoneII, POD, POD pro, Bass POD, Bass POD pro, and Spider

$90 shipped in cont. USA

Dano fab-echo, 4 hours use w/box $10 shipped OR $5 shipped plus 1 working bass tuning peg (for me silly)

Comment

Originally posted by fishfartz
              i think band of gypsies was the best american rock band, but im a hendrix freak so im biased. i wouldve said experience but they werent all american. also, as much as i think buddy miles shouldve stayed off the mic for the band of gypsies shows, he's still one hell of a solid drummer.

but to the point of this thread, i love CCR also. i do think it was pure **************************** of fogerty to do what he did. but damn he can write some good rock songs

The Band of Gypies barely existed, how could you say they were the best american rock band?

Comment

CCR is the cover bands friend.
                HCGB Trooper #24

Comment

agreed
                  The new kid friendly mother approved LR

Comment

The ABB and The Cars are both better.
                    Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen
                      I can't think of any American bands I like more than CCR. I don't care how big an **************************** Fogerty is, the man is one of the greatest songwriters, singers and guitarists I've ever heard.
                      Like I said...seperate the singer from the song...you don't gotta sit down and have dinner with him....what you get from him is free from involvement...music is a great thing really....
                      While we're at it,let me say that you could fill two busses with the girls that I hit between 1982-1990...

"Music doesn't need to be great to be good...."

"You can't steal,what you can't feel"....Tom Petty

HCGB # 73

........__o
                      ....._

Comment

One of them for sure.

Some of my favourite American bands:

CCR
                        Pearl Jam
                        Wilco
                        Chris Isaak and Silvertone
                        Smashing Pumpkins
                        The Doors
                        Allman Brothers Band
                        Lynyrd Skynyrd
                        Guns N Roses (though they only had one great album)
                        Jimi Hendrix Experience (you could argue they might as well be British though)
                        Band of Gypsys
                        The Byrds

And if you count singer/songwriters with bands:

Bob Dylan
                        Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
                        Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
                        Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer
                        its a slippery slope man. first Eb, then D. next thing you know you'll be tuning to C standard and playing guitars with DiMarzio Dropsonic pups in them. then comes the facemasks. its a gateway drug man, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic
                          The ABB and The Cars are both better.

I can't agree and although I like both, I'd put Van Halen, The Crickets, and Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ahead of either.

ABB and The Cars would probably make my top ten list however and I don't think Aerosmith or Kiss would.
                          I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

1) CCR
                            2) Ramones
                            3) Blue Oyster Cult
                            4) Van Halen
                            5) Buddy Holly & The Crickets
                            6) Black Flag
                            7) Nirvana
                            8) Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
                            9) Chuck Berry
                            10) ABB

Here's my highly opinionated top ten list. I don't really even listen to Chuck Berry, but his influence on rock guitar players takes a back seat to no one, not even Hendrix or Eddie. No need to flame, just post your own list!

Now this can be one of "those" threads.
                            I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

why does everyone think Fogerty is an ****************************? cuase he refuses to play with them?

I'd be pissed off at them too if they tried to sue me for plagerizing MYSELF!

just wondering why everyone thinks he's an ****************************.
                              don't like my peachesdon't shake my treeget out of my orchardleave my peaches be

Comment

I would have to say Aerosmith. Going to an Aerosmith show I saw 3 generations of fans. A testamet to their longevity.
                                Credence was a band for a short time that put out a lot of great poppy rock songs.
                                Also Steely Dan is better!
                                *(*

Comment

Working...
                                X