Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best American rock band ever.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creedence Clearwater Revival is the best American rock band ever.

Well perhaps not, but I would find it very difficult to argue against that given the number of fantastic songs they put out.
    I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Again, don't know about best, but definitely up there. . .

Comment

I love those CCR songs. Just read a book about CCR. Too bad Fogerty is so bitter about his ex-bandmates. The stunt he pulled at the RnR Hall of Fame induction ceremonies was shameful.

BK
      Visit Crash Pad at:
      http://CrashPadBand.com
      CONSUME!:
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
      Gear List/Pics:
      https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
        Well perhaps not, but I would find it very difficult to argue against that given the number of fantastic songs they put out.

Fantastic- radio friendly- songs.

As far as American rock band, I nominate The Ramones.
        Trooper #219!

The Danger Rangers

DJ's on the radio
        Karaoke in the shower
        ¡Support Live Música!

Comment

CCR = gool old 3 chord rock and roll. No gimmicks or antics. This is the kind of stuff people will still dance to 50 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad
            I love those CCR songs. Just read a book about CCR. Too bad Fogerty is so bitter about his ex-bandmates. The stunt he pulled at the RnR Hall of Fame induction ceremonies was shameful.

BK

I've never heard about this one. What did he do?
            Anyone seen Dano?

Comment

John Fogerty doesn't know it - but he taught me how to play guitar. This guy was my hero for years.

Anyone remember "Ramble Tamble"? Or "Long As I Can See The Light"? Or "Pagan Baby"?

Too bad it seems that he's a bit of an a-hole.

Comment

I can't think of any American bands I like more than CCR. I don't care how big an **************************** Fogerty is, the man is one of the greatest songwriters, singers and guitarists I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerkarlos

Fantastic- radio friendly- songs.

As far as American rock band, I nominate The Ramones.

Ramones would be my second choice.
                  I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustie81

I've never heard about this one. What did he do?

Although CCR was inducted as a band, Fogerty refused to play with his former bandmates (I think his brother had already died by then, but couldn't swear to that), although they were led to believe that they would be onstage for the festivities. They came to soundcheck early that day and were told they were not allowed to play that night.

Instead Fogerty got up and played CCR songs with a bunch of other rock stars.

BK
                    Visit Crash Pad at:
                    http://CrashPadBand.com
                    CONSUME!:
                    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                    Gear List/Pics:
                    https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

BK

BK,

What's the book called and who is the author?

Comment

I wouldn't say the best, but pretty good for sure.
                        Thanks be to God for heavy metal! (But praise be to Satan.)

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I pretty much have the best ears in the business so if I say you sound like Animal Collective Jr then you do.

Web Hosting, VPS, Cloud Backup - http://www.packetforce.net - Coupon code "harm50" for 50% off

Comment

Great songs. I still play a few of them.

Brutally awful live band. Fogerty's solo shows now are FAR better. I'm not complaining that they played simple music and don't shred or something, I'm a fan of punk (and of CCR's albums). CCR played very simple music very badly indeed.

As said, a whole bunch of classic songs, but there were hundreds of American bands I'd rather watch onstage, which matters to me. Ashlee Simpson could probably sound OK in a studio given enough doctoring.
                          Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or www.thedextercast.com. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen
                            I can't think of any American bands I like more than CCR. I don't care how big an **************************** Fogerty is, the man is one of the greatest songwriters, singers and guitarists I've ever heard.
                            For me, Guns n Roses is really close (let's not turn this into a GnR v.s. CCR debate, Slash is my guitar hero). But i still think CCR takes the crown. Just too many excellent albums and excellent songs to ignore.
                            There is nothing written here.
                            Drôles de gens que ces gens-lÃ****!
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. I'm on my way to what I want from this world, and years from now I'll make it to the next world. I'll do my best to do the best I can. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. To keep my feet from jumping from the ground dear. To keep my heart from jumping through my mouth dear. To keep the past, the past and not the present. To try and learn when you teach me a lesson.

HCONOB Founder (and member)
                            HCOOM Founder (and member)

Winnie the Pooh

When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by CloseEnoughRocks

BK,

What's the book called and who is the author?

I'll bet this is what he's talking about:

Bad Moon Rising: The Unofficial History of Creedence Clearwater Revival by Hank Bordowitz

I just read it, and it was really interesting and terribly depressing...
                              You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

Working...
                              X