Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crybaby mods

My crybaby sounds like crap. What mods do you suggest i look into for my crybaby. It's the Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95.

Mine sounds like crap, too. I recommend the "unplug" mod, possibly followed by the "eBay" mod.
    No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Godot
      Mine sounds like crap, too. I recommend the "unplug" mod, possibly followed by the "eBay" mod.

Comment

Comment

IMO those wahs suck. Either do a new board mod or dump it and buy something else. Go to not just another music store and try a bunch of their nice vintage wahs. You need to spend a little cash to get a great wah.
          "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

i thought that wah was decent out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by mloker

it is until you attach a patch cord to it with a guitar on one side and an amp on the other.
              "Go to the musicians, in the work of a few musicians you can hear every aspect of this conflict between light and dark within the soul.” - Hugh Maclennan/The Watch That Ends the Night

"And the guitar players, they look damaged...they been outcasts all their lives" - Jagger/Richards

Comment

Originally posted by mloker

i've had mine for about 7 years now. in comparison to most other wahs out there, its a POS. it absolutely needs a true bypass mod. but depending on who does it, it can cost more than the actual pedal did.

IMO, if you just got it, return it if you can. spend a couple of extra bucks and get the Fasel Crybaby. its a much better pedal. i've currently got my GCB-95 for sale, and along with selling my synth wah, i'll have enough money to get the fasel.
                The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

derivicus?

Comment

It cost me 40 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by crispyguitarist
                      It cost me 40 bucks

ok, fine. but if you send it to keeley, its gonna be like another $70 to mod it. so what's the point? sell it, and get something different. maybe wait until that behringer wah comes out.
                      The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Originally posted by Help!I'marock!

ok, fine. but if you send it to keeley, its gonna be like another $70 to mod it. so what's the point? sell it, and get something different. .

That is 70 us too.

Comment

pull one leg of the .47uf cap, and instead of a crappy wah, you have a crappy volume pedal with no 0 adjust. That's what I did with my spare crybaby. I don't use wah much, so I haven't looked into getting a better one. Hell, I got one for free, and the other for $5, so I'm happy.
                          RIP Ironmonger

Originally Posted by lawboy

The day you find an Axl Rose song on my iPod will be the day pigs fly and Republicans tell the truth.

Comment

I like my crybaby...
                            "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen
                              derivicus?
                              I had the same thought: this thread is mocking our moderators!
                              I don't want to make the voices go away, doc, I just want to adjust the bass and treble.

"One can't be young forever, but trust me, immature is definitely doable."--BK

==>CHARTER MEMBER (#8): HC GEEZER BRIGADE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X