Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best that black metal has to offer?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modal Auxiliary
    Maybe not, but the cymbal work makes my pants feel tight.

Yeah, it's tasty.

But when I think of the definitive metal drumbeat, I think of something crushingly heavy. Something like Martin Lopez with Amon Amarth.

Comment

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread (hell, I've probably posted in it before) but as a long time Black Metal fan, I'd consider the following albums MANDATORY.

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Under a Funeral Moon, Transilvanian Hunger

Abigor - Opus IV, Supreme Immortal Art, Channeling the Quintessence of Satan

Dissection - The Somberlain, Storm of the Light's Bane

Oh yeah, Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse

and

Immortal - Battles in the North, Pure Holocaust

Comment

Naglfar is probably my favourite black metal band... Check out "Emerging From Her Weepings", "The Brimstone Gate" and "Sunless Dawn". Good stuff!
        ^ Spacatum Tauri ^

Comment

Originally posted by Anomandaris

Yeah, it's tasty.

But when I think of the definitive metal drumbeat, I think of something crushingly heavy. Something like Martin Lopez with Amon Amarth.

He does some amazing stuff on that album... One of my all time favourite albums! Every song is outstanding.
          ^ Spacatum Tauri ^

Comment

Originally posted by hoyn
            Naglfar is probably my favourite black metal band... Check out "Emerging From Her Weepings", "The Brimstone Gate" and "Sunless Dawn". Good stuff!

"Emerging From Her Weepings" is my favorite Naglfar song. Let's be friends.
            I kill threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Modal Auxiliary

"Emerging From Her Weepings" is my favorite Naglfar song. Let's be friends.

Yeah, let's!

Emerging From Her Weepings has som great riffs in it... I prefer the version without the piano though.
              ^ Spacatum Tauri ^

Comment

PLEASE LET THE THREAD DIE
                FOR NORWAY'S SAKE!

Comment

Adds Sargeist to the growing list. His Satanic Black Devotion album is very nice. If you can find it, Shatraug is worth checking out too.

Recently discovered Naglfar. Got their Sheol cd. Very nice.
                  Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstorm
                    Adds Sargeist to the growing list. His Satanic Black Devotion album is very nice. If you can find it, Shatraug is worth checking out too.

Recently discovered Naglfar. Got their Sheol cd. Very nice.

Then get Vittra and Diabolical
                    ^ Spacatum Tauri ^

Comment

Would Mercyful Fate count as black metal?

If so...get Melissa, Don't Break the Oath, and In the Shadows.

Hell, I've been using MF's "In the Shadows" as my getting ready for work cd for a few weeks now...
                      Yes, I hate you.

Comment

hoyn..> I will, thanks.
                        Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjinsan
                          Would Mercyful Fate count as black metal?

I guess they'd be considered "roots" black metal...along with Bathory, Venom, Celtic Frost etc.
                          I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Mercyful Fate could technically be black metal, but not officially. They have the tone, but not the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmy
                              Mercyful Fate could technically be black metal, but not officially. They have the tone, but not the sound.

They've got the most important thing.... the IMAGE!

Well, not Hank Shermann - pink spandex is not grim or true.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstorm
                                hoyn..> I will, thanks.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you liked Sheol!
                                ^ Spacatum Tauri ^

Comment

Working...
                                X