Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best that black metal has to offer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emperor is the best i've heard so far, but i haven't gotten into black metal much yet. I do like what i've heard from Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant album though...
    There is nothing written here.
    Drôles de gens que ces gens-lÃ****!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. I'm on my way to what I want from this world, and years from now I'll make it to the next world. I'll do my best to do the best I can. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. To keep my feet from jumping from the ground dear. To keep my heart from jumping through my mouth dear. To keep the past, the past and not the present. To try and learn when you teach me a lesson.

HCONOB Founder (and member)
    HCOOM Founder (and member)

Winnie the Pooh

When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Comment

small penii
      oh mumshebum

Comment

Emperor was about as good as it gets. It was really cool how their later albums went into death metal and grindcore with the same classic emperor sound.

Immortal, very very good. pure ****************ing holocast-crazy.

Mayhem, good, but overrated. meh.

Darkthrone was one of the bands that started off with good production, but quickly went raw and ugly. I like em!

And as for new black metal albums, pick up Deathwitch's Violence, Blasphemy, Sodomy. It's kinda thrashy too.

Comment

Jump straight into the deep end...

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out (Matthew 5:29)

Comment

Here I am...Mr. Black Metal himself.

I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Is anything more evil that Marduk?

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shock
                Jump straight into the deep end...

I'd go see those guys play.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain

I'd go see those guys play.

I think you'd get kicked out, unless you brought a kid with you.
                  And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out (Matthew 5:29)

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shock

I think you'd get kicked out, unless you brought a kid with you.

I like upbeat, happy music with accordion.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
                      Here I am...Mr. Black Metal himself.

You look like you were going to church. Unless it's metal church, it's not a good church, and not very metal.

Comment

Originally posted by CountGrishnackh

You look like you were going to church. Unless it's metal church, it's not a good church, and not very metal.

I'm actually going to either my college graduation or my job interview immediatly following.

Image = **************** anyway.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Is this a bit better?

METALMILITIA

Comment

oh ****************ing ****************. is that a supreme? I would litterally give you one of my testicles for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CountGrishnackh
                              oh ****************ing ****************. is that a supreme? I would litterally give you one of my testicles for it.

It is a supreme.

Is she not beautiful?

METALMILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by Neodysseus
                                ...Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Immortal, Marduk, Mayhem, Satyricon, Dark Throne, Dark Funeral, Arcturus, Behemoth, Akercocke, Hecate Enthroned, Limbonic Art, Old Man's Child, Zyklon, Enslaved and Bal-Sagoth to name a "few" I personally dig.

Also, I noticed you're into Vader (I think), check out Dies Irae from Poland (NOT the mexican band). It features members of Vader and Skeptic doing their take on black metal...good stuff, imo.

bal sagoth has the best lyrics out of any band in the world.

COME TO ME HYPERIONS CHILD!
                                COME TO ME, SPAWN OF TITAN!
                                Member of the Mazi Bee KICK ASS MILITIA m/

Comment

Working...
                                X