Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarified
    I like everything that leppard has done, een the later stuff, Love Bites and when love and hate collide are brilliant songs

I'm with you. I miss the edgeier stuff from High 'n' Dry and On Through The Night but even Slang, IMO, was a good CD. DL definitely belongs in the category. They just took a different road once they got established. Personally, however, I'm skeptical of this covers CD they're coming out with. Sounds like the first/another nail in the coffin.
    Originally Posted by hammergjh

I will appoint you my official "get me some ********************" gopher.

Comment

Originally posted by MAWG
      I read a book recently where the author stated that the genre leaders in most genres persist and the rest fade away. I also heard one time that the golden years for music are 15 to 22.

Well, the first is true almost by default, isn't it? The genre leaders wouldn't be leaders if they faded away.

As for the golden years for music... I have heard that musicians do not hit their peak until they are quite old, at least past middle age.

Comment

Originally posted by Anomandaris
        As for the golden years for music... I have heard that musicians do not hit their peak until they are quite old, at least past middle age.

I believe it was referring only to the age of the listener. No doubt musicians do get better with experience.
        Originally posted by Frets99
        Every time Rada's panties get wet, I'm reminded of how little I can afford.....

Comment

I believe it was referring only to the age of the listener. No doubt musicians do get better with experience.

Well, I don't think it matters whether your listening or playing or composing... Unfortunately I don't have anything more substantial than "I've heard it somewhere..." to verify my claim. I will have to see if I can track down something concrete. I can rationalise it and think "yeah, that makes sense" but, of course, I understand that not being convincing - at least, I wouldn't be convinced by that sort of argument.

What is the book that you read, and who wrote it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anomandaris

What is the book that you read, and who wrote it?

Unfortunately I don't have much of a head for that sort of thing. I flip through a lot of books at Borders and Barnes and Noble (hm, really big book chains if you don't have them in Australia), but don't pay much attention to authors, and can't remember titles unless I actually purchase said book.
            Originally posted by Frets99
            Every time Rada's panties get wet, I'm reminded of how little I can afford.....

Comment

bump
              I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Tank!

most of that stuff dated pretty poorly. i'd rather listen to a band like Discharge over nearly all of the NWOBHM bands.

Comment

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Judas Priest was a well established and recording band prior to the NWOBHM, and I don't think properly belongs in the category.

I agree

METALMILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
                      Iron Maiden
                      Def Leppard
                      Diamond Head
                      Saxon
                      Angel Witch

...discuss

I have the 3rd issue of Guitar World and they did a NWOBHM article. If I remember right it was Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, G-Force, Tygers of Pan Tang, Saxon, and a few others. At the time, these bands were virtually unknown in america, and I remember the magazine drew a lot of flack from readers who were accustomed to interviews with Buzz Feiten, Steve Morse, Albert Lee, etc..

I remember they said Pete Willis solos in a "beckian" mode. They got complaint letters for several issues!
                      _____
                      Soloist/Powerball

Comment

My problem Steve is that I'm too sentimental and I tend to reflect upon the past more than I should.
                        What are you, a Cancer?

Lots of fun bands, but Maiden is the only one worth listening to on a regular basis. I've tried the others at different times, but i just don't like them that much.

Comment

Originally posted by sixpounder
                          What are you, a Cancer?

Yes actually.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Yes actually.

I should know.

Comment

I'm a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge here

http://www.nwobhm.com/

Comment

Wow...here's an old one.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Working...
                                X