No announcement yet.

Nwbhm

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anomandaris
    I hope that my tastes don't stagnate. That would be sad.

I've found that I always love they stuff I love, but tastes will broaden and incorporate new material over time.

You'll always come back to the stuff that made you fall in love with music to begin with from time to time.
    I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Anomandaris
      Meh, I've had plenty of friends that have come and gone... Life goes on.

My problem Steve is that I'm too sentimental and I tend to reflect upon the past more than I should.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Wait a minute......Def Leppard!?!?!
        Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer
        its a slippery slope man. first Eb, then D. next thing you know you'll be tuning to C standard and playing guitars with DiMarzio Dropsonic pups in them. then comes the facemasks. its a gateway drug man, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by theflyingeyebal

You bet.

I'll bet if I played On Through The Night or High 'N' Dry for you, you'd not even recognize them.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
            I've found that I always love they stuff I love, but tastes will broaden and incorporate new material over time.

You'll always come back to the stuff that made you fall in love with music to begin with from time to time.

I think that's true for the most part, but I know that there is some stuff which I used to enjoy but now I either can't stand or just don't think much of it at all.

Comment

You bet.

I'll bet if I played On Through The Night or High 'N' Dry for you, you'd not even recognize them.

That's crazy. I'm familiar with that genre of music because of the songs Metallica covered. I can't imagine Def Leppard soudning anything like that.
              its a slippery slope man. first Eb, then D. next thing you know you'll be tuning to C standard and playing guitars with DiMarzio Dropsonic pups in them. then comes the facemasks. its a gateway drug man, don't do it.

Comment

That's crazy. I'm familiar with that genre of music because of the songs Metallica covered. I can't imagine Def Leppard soudning anything like that.

Can you imagine the band that put out "Fuel" recording a track like "Phantom Lord" or "Trapped Under Ice?"

METALMILITIA

Comment

Can you imagine the band that put out "Fuel" recording a track like "Phantom Lord" or "Trapped Under Ice?"

Good point. Although it is possible to think...they did get old and mainstream.

Comment

Yes.

Def Leppard.

They rocked up through and including Pyromania. Then they released "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and promptly began sucking.

Good rule of thumb: Def Leppard with 10 arms good, Def Leppard with 9 arms bad.
                    CONTAINS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ROCK AND COUNTRY. South Bound LaneHC 3.0 -- Making you miss HC 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by mattburnside

Good rule of thumb: Def Leppard with 10 arms good, Def Leppard with 9 arms bad.

Hahahahaha.

Comment

A couple of months ago I came across a NWOBHM compilation album. Out of curiosity, I stuck it on and had a listen. I found myself listening to each track for about 20 seconds, and then skipping to the next track. I ran through the album in about 5 minutes. I basically found it unlistenable.

A lot of these albums were made on the cheap, therefore the production values aren't that good. But it wasn't the production that bothered me, what I found was that a lot of this stuff hasn't aged well at all. I could listen to early Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Diamond Head, as they still sound pretty good. However, I couldn't bring myself to listen to bands like Saxon, Wrathchild, Samson, etc.

Sometimes, it isn't enjoyable to go digging up the past .

I think the album was Metal for Muthas Volume 1.

Comment

Appreciated. I love Maiden and Priest to this day. Maiden is the band that got me into metal. Leppard, while a decent band, doesn't deserve to be on that list.
                          There is nothing written here.
                          Drôles de gens que ces gens-lÃ****!
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. I'm on my way to what I want from this world, and years from now I'll make it to the next world. I'll do my best to do the best I can. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. To keep my feet from jumping from the ground dear. To keep my heart from jumping through my mouth dear. To keep the past, the past and not the present. To try and learn when you teach me a lesson.

HCONOB Founder (and member)
                          HCOOM Founder (and member)

Winnie the Pooh

When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Comment

Maiden and Priest are great, that goes without saying.

Out of the rest Venom, Saxon and Diamond Head are my favourites, I saw Diamond Head recently and hearing them belt out It's Electric and Am I Evil? was amazing.
                            [ hisnamewas... ][ myspace ] [ question?answer! ]

Comment

I like everything that leppard has done, een the later stuff, Love Bites and when love and hate collide are brilliant songs
                              http://www.isolatedatoms.com/ | http://www.myspace.com/isolatedatoms

Official HCGJ songwriter for the year 2005

Comment

I read a book recently where the author stated that the genre leaders in most genres persist and the rest fade away. I also heard one time that the golden years for music are 15 to 22. I think both of those statements are correct. I still love and listen to the bands I loved in high school and college, although I also listen to newer bands. Iron Maiden continues on while Praying Mantis and their like are, although not dead, at least forgotten by many.

Judas Priest was a well established and recording band prior to the NWOBHM, and I don't think properly belongs in the category.

Leppard are definitely NWOBHM. Just because you start out as something doesn't mean you're going to stay that same thing for your whole career.
                                Originally posted by Frets99
                                Every time Rada's panties get wet, I'm reminded of how little I can afford.....

Comment

Working...
                                X