Clear All

• Nwbhm

Iron Maiden
    Def Leppard
    Diamond Head
    Saxon
    Angel Witch

...discuss
    I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Despite all the influence they've had, all I'll say is: I'm happy it's over.

Comment

Witchfinder General!

Comment

Originally posted by Anomandaris
        Despite all the influence they've had, all I'll say is: I'm happy it's over.

I find that suprising considering that many of the metal bands you adore stand upon their shoulders.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
          I find that suprising considering that many of the metal bands you adore stand upon their shoulders.

Well, just because I like a particular band, doesn't necessarily mean I should like their influences. If that was how it worked, well, everyone would like everything.

Comment

Well, just because I like a particular band, doesn't necessarily mean I should like their influences.

I'm not suggesting you must, I'm just saying I find it surprising.

P.S. "It's Electric" = RAWK

METALMILITIA

Comment

I'm not suggesting you must, I'm just saying I find it surprising.

P.S. "It's Electric" = RAWK

Yeah, I know. I guess that I'm saying that you shouldn't find it surprising.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I guess that I'm saying that you shouldn't find it surprising.

30 years from now, two guys will be on HC typing "Man what a cheese fest Dark Tranquillity was."

METALMILITIA

Comment

30 years from now, two guys will be on HC typing "Man what a cheese fest Dark Tranquillity was."

.. 20 minutes you mean... i started the rough draft for that post about 2 hours ago..

i'm on my final draft.
                  "Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
                  Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
                  http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
                  http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

Originally posted by phunkyphredv2

.. 20 minutes you mean... i started the rough draft for that post about 2 hours ago..

i'm on my final draft.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Yeah, and we'll be here like Wes - "Guitar playing just isn't what it was".

Comment

Yeah, and we'll be here like Wes - "Guitar playing just isn't what it was".

Only the names change dude.

METALMILITIA

Comment

I hope that my tastes don't stagnate. That would be sad.

Comment

This is depressing.

The first year after high school my best friend and I used to sit up in his barn and drink beer and listen to all these metal bands that we'd be into. We'd be reading magazines like "Metal Maniacs" and "Spin" and all these bands would be listing influences...so we'd got out to underground record stores and catologs published by dealers that solds hard to find music looking for stuff by Diamond Head and Saxon.

He's a truck driver now and I think he lives in Oregon. We've not spoken for nearly 5 years I think.

I don't feel old until I reflect upon how many "eras" have passed in my life.

METALMILITIA

Comment

Meh, I've had plenty of friends that have come and gone... Life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                              X