Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on Children Of Bodom?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the band but I'm not into that kind of vocals.
    Further from God, then Angels can fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Hopkins

Since that post my opinion has changed of them. I don't particularly like anything they do.

I find it a bit hard to believe that someone could dislike the lead work on Hatebreeder, but whatever floats your boat.
      I kill threads.

Comment

Originally posted by paradigm

It took you nine months to come up with that?

No, I just happend to wander back to this thread for some reason.
        I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Not for me. Evil darkness corrupts rawr unnnh!!! and so forth.

I can certainly see why some like it though. The guitar is good.
          One day back in 1953, I married a stapler. That didn't last very long though, because I realized that your face was shaped like a door. Later in 1982, I decided buy a bed, which I stored in a shed.

Gear:
          ESP LTD MH-400/Fender Highway 1 Fat Strat -> Dunlop Crybaby Wah -> Boss Metalzone -> Peavey Classic 30

...and an A&L Acoustic of some sort.

Comment

Some vocalists should simply never use the word "****************."

A.L. is one of them. He sounds rediculous, like some 9 year old kid who just assimilated it into his vocabulary and thinks it makes him sound more convincing, cool, or tough.

...and black nail polish on men is not, has never been, and never will be cool.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

I like COB, but I'd like them a lot more if they had a Hetfield-esque singer. Alexi should stick with playing the guitar, and leave singing to someone else. And "yao yao **************** **************** ****************" does get old fast.

Comment

Originally posted by atimoc
                I like COB, but I'd like them a lot more if they had a Hetfield-esque singer. Alexi should stick with playing the guitar, and leave singing to someone else. And "yao yao **************** **************** ****************" does get old fast.

You wouldn't want to hear the lyrics. They are godawful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain
                  Some vocalists should simply never use the word "****************."

A.L. is one of them. He sounds rediculous, like some 9 year old kid who just assimilated it into his vocabulary and thinks it makes him sound more convincing, cool, or tough.

...and black nail polish on men is not, has never been, and never will be cool.

I think everybody's got it that you hate them after your many posts in this thread, thanks for clearing it up though.
                  Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

Nobody ever said "Wow...that Horowitz is the Jesse Owens of the piano!" or "Hey, that John Coltrane is really trying to impress with all those fast, soulless runs!" You know why that is? Because the people who listen to those musicians actually have the listening skills to understand and appreciate what they're hearing. Only in the guitar crowd do we find so many 'musicians' who have nothing better to do than come up with excuses as to why technical excellence (hell, even competence) is somehow undesirable. That's why the rest of the music world looks down upon guitarists as knuckle-dragging cave-dwelling Neanderthals.

Comment

Originally posted by SRVai

I think everybody's got it that you hate them after your many posts in this thread, thanks for clearing it up though.

I can do it some more if you like.

METALMILITIA

Comment

I don't have an opinion about this. Haven't heard him.

I'll check it out, tho'...

Saludos.
                      Saludosâ„¢

Jossy
                      http://www.myspace.com/ultrasonico
                      General Master Marksman/MBM International Sniper Brigade
                      Øyh!

Originally Posted by Motorik

Jossy unfailingly concludes his posts with the word "saludos".

http://www.liveruckus.com/forums/index.php

Comment

i like the guitaring but they need to get one of Bodom's other kids to do the singing.

Comment

If more people would just listen to them for what they are, which is guitar and keyboard oriented metal, then I think there would be less bitching about the lyrics, and overall cheese factor.

Alexi has said so himself that the lyrics were never to be the strong point of the band, his focus is on the guitar. So, if anybody is listening to bodom to spur some inner reflection and be moved by the lyrics, you've got the wrong band.
                          "Helicopters don't fly; they're just so ugly that the Earth repels them"

Comment

Dillinger Escape Plan
                            jars of pickles
                            then
                            false dichotomy
                            Novembre
                            raw umber
                            Babylon Whores
                            to flick
                            apparently
                            Cher
                            again
                            A fool can toss a stone into a pond which a thousand wise men cannot retrieve...

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeble
                              If more people would just listen to them for what they are, which is guitar and keyboard oriented metal, then I think there would be less bitching about the lyrics, and overall cheese factor.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68648

METALMILITIA

Comment

Working...
                              X