Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panopticon is my favorite by Isis

Pelican is way better but that's just my personal opinion. Check out the self titled 4 track album and Australasia... the new one hasn't grown on me too much yet.

Another band you might want to check out is Totimoshi. They just played here a couple of weeks ago and I thought some of their stuff souded like Pelican with vocals and a spanish guitar influence.
    [SIZE="2"]Guitar Gear: Gibson '61 RI SG, Dean Cadillac Select, Charvel 475 Special, BC Rich NJ Bich, Gibson Faded V, MIM Strat, Warmoth Tele, LP Copy, Yamaha Acoustic, VHT Pittbull Fifty/ST, VOX VT30, Blackheart BH5H, '72 Hiwatt 4123 Cab, Traynor TS-50, POD XT, 16 ohm THD Hotplate, 80's Peavey Rage combo, Boss ME-50, Russian Big Muff, Graphic Fuzz
    Bass Gear: Fender P Bass (MIM), SX SJB-75C, SX SBG2, Traynor MonoBlock II, Yorkville 410B, SWR Basic 2 Way

Comment

Isis is one of my all time fav bands. Pelican is alright, but I dont think they have the songwriting skills Isis have. Some of their songs kinda leave me empty handed.

You guys should check out Red Sparowes. Its one of the guys from Isis and some other dudes. It's not as heavy, but it is definately some great music.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

It puts me sleep everytime I try to listen to it. I try to figure out why everyone raves about this ****************, it's so boring and pointless. The songs have no flow or structure at all, it's all sleep-inducing emotionless boredom pieced together at random. And they tune down to F# or something ridiculously ****************ing stupid. BORING!!!

Isis = puts people to sleep faster than recorded ocean sounds on tape

I saw them open for Napalm Death in 2001 and unfortunately I would have to agree. However, the keyboard player had his keyboard on this highly flexible stand so he could sort of headbang while playing, which was fun to watch.
        silentheart.com

Comment

Pelican is the ****************. But Agalloch is better. If you haven't heard "The Mantle", you have to. Now.
          Originally posted by bernardo gui

THIS BAND SUCKED DEAD DOG DICKS ALL DAY LONG IN THE RAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid
            Isis is one of my all time fav bands. Pelican is alright, but I dont think they have the songwriting skills Isis have. Some of their songs kinda leave me empty handed.

You guys should check out Red Sparowes. Its one of the guys from Isis and some other dudes. It's not as heavy, but it is definately some great music.

You didn't need to edit. Your point was quite valid.
            I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

I saw Red Sparrowes opening for Pelican fairly recently and I thought Pelican was great, but red sparrowes kinda left me cold. They were just kinda sloppy and not good; didn't do anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrahighgain

You didn't need to edit. Your point was quite valid.

haha. Yeah well, Im not much for starting ****************.

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                  I saw Red Sparrowes opening for Pelican fairly recently and I thought Pelican was great, but red sparrowes kinda left me cold. They were just kinda sloppy and not good; didn't do anything for me.

Their album is the same way, but I really appreciate what could be if they would tighten it up. The recording is terrible, too.

Comment

Isis rules. Everyone needs to listen to them.
                    Thanks be to God for heavy metal! (But praise be to Satan.)

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I pretty much have the best ears in the business so if I say you sound like Animal Collective Jr then you do.

Web Hosting, VPS, Cloud Backup - http://www.packetforce.net - Coupon code "harm50" for 50% off

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                      Isis rules. Everyone needs to listen to them.

Best albums?

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Best albums?

Panopticon

http://www.myspace.com/sgnl05

You can check out one song from Panopticon. It is "So did we"

Comment

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid

Panopticon

http://www.myspace.com/sgnl05

You can check out one song from Panopticon. It is "So did we"

yeah...I'm already planning on getting that.

What else?

METALMILITIA

Comment

Celestial is still my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                              Celestial is still my favorite

noted

METALMILITIA

Comment

noted

oceanic is more like panopticon, both are a bit of a step down in 'heavyosity' compared to the earlier stuff, IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X