No announcement yet.

Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockon1202
    started a topic Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

I have a feeling that I know which was this poll will wind up, but I figured I'd try it anyway.

• rawkon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dogsinotpalc
    replied
    Back in the day, my friends and I went to see Faith No More, Metallica, and Guns 'N Roses at Giants Stadium. Every band was very good, but Metallica was the best. They were the second best band when I saw the Kingdon Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scorpions, and Van Halen Monsters of rock show at the same venue (again, everyone was really good...and the Scorpions were the best that day, but Lynch was best guitarists, go figure).

But my taste in music has vastly expanded and moved away from most of these bands. In fact the only two that I either do or would still listen to are Faith No More and Metallica. Everyone else just seems so rooted in the moment, the music has merely gotten older, not "aged." Both good bands, but Metallica's first four albums are legendary, and GNR has yet to release four real albums (EPs don't count).

In the end, however, I'd rather listen to Neil Young.

Leave a comment:

• BLACKWINGEDBEING
    replied
    I voted for axl's shoes!!!

Leave a comment:

• KidCharlemagne
    replied
    G N' F'n R!

By the way, didn't Gn'R headline that tour with Faith No More and Metallica?

Leave a comment:

• TuzzyFwat
    replied
    Originally posted by HALSAM00

You took the worlds from my mouth
    You had worlds in your mouth?

Um...any new planets per se or are they just dwarfs?

Leave a comment:

• Racer
    replied
    I dig both bands alot, but if I had to choose one....Metallica.

Leave a comment:

• HALSAM00
    replied
    Originally posted by Megadeth7684
    Old Metallica > Any GNR

Any GNR > New Metallica

You took the worlds from my mouth

Leave a comment:

• TuzzyFwat
    replied
    BUMP

Leave a comment:

• chadmo1
    replied
    2 of the biggest bands of my time, and I don't care for either of them.

Leave a comment:

• SplawnDarts
    replied
    Metalica had some stuff of interest, but honestly very little of their stuff is enjoyable to listen to.

GNR had some bad stuff, but they had Civil War and november rain too, both of which were well done.

I vote GNR out of anoyance with Metalica.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahighgain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rockon1202
    replied
    Originally posted by Aspect
    Who the hell dug up this relic of a thread?
    Take a look doofus.

Leave a comment:

• jonathan86
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
    Exactly. Arguments like 'Kirk is sloppy' crop up, when anyone could easily accuse Slash of being one of the worst/most unlistenable live lead guitar players in existence (I don't care what he was on at the time). I'd hazard that Kirk can play anything Slash can. The fact remains that Slash's 3 best solos are far better than Kirk's, but 'Fade To Black', the intro to 'One' and 'The Unforgiven' are pretty damn good as it stands. And KHIG simply doesn't hold water when a comparison is being made to a band with Axl Rose in it.

+1

Sums my opinion up perfectly. I like both bands, but my vote goes to metallica as they are the band that got me into playing guitar. With the exception of St Anger (frantic and some kind of monster are good) I like all of their albums. I will always respect KH more than Slash as he is a 'proper' musician (bad choice of words) he studied the theory of the guitar and really took the time to put together excellently composed songs along with JH. Slash was pretty much wasted all the time, turned up to gigs wasted, didnt play his best, and it shows that he didnt respect the fans enough to turn up and deliver a great show. Well, they delivered a great show, but his playing could be hit or miss.

I respect effort.

Leave a comment:

• Taylorman
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckethead2

I can recognize and have all of those on my MP3 player.
    That's because you're obviously a big Guns 'n Roses fan. Apparently one with weak reading comprehension skills too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X