No announcement yet.

Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dougy

And at least Axl wasn't dumb enough to stand over the pyrotechnics.............
    Clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
      Exactly. The world of songwriting doesn't revolve around extended guitar solos.

i guess it revolves around

e-x
      b-x
      g-x
      d-x
      a-x
      E-0

pm

then, huh?

dig metallica a lot, 2nd favorite band to GnR, but Metallica pretty much has one idea that they mold 80 different ways.
      "Women's tricks are like government spy planes. The ones you know about aren't the ones' they're using."

Gainon10

Comment

• Originally posted by ClashinmeRage

but Metallica pretty much has one idea that they mold 80 different ways.
        While there's alot of E-string chug in Metallica they didn't sell millions of albums because of that alone. It was the way they constructed riffs into memorable melodies and songs. The E-string chugging was merely the anchor that held alot of their fast songs down.
        There is nothing written here.
        Drôles de gens que ces gens-lÃ****!
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. I'm on my way to what I want from this world, and years from now I'll make it to the next world. I'll do my best to do the best I can. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. To keep my feet from jumping from the ground dear. To keep my heart from jumping through my mouth dear. To keep the past, the past and not the present. To try and learn when you teach me a lesson.

HCONOB Founder (and member)
        HCOOM Founder (and member)

Winnie the Pooh

When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WulfmanJax
          While there's alot of E-string chug in Metallica they didn't sell millions of albums because of that alone. It was the way they constructed riffs into memorable melodies and songs. The E-string chugging was merely the anchor that held alot of their fast songs down.

Thank god somebody finally said it. I voted for Metallica, GnR is good and all, but really theyve put out just as many bad songs as anybody else, just in less time. Plus Metallica really just play faster heavier and harder than GnR, which is what Im into, not that you have to, to make good music. Just my taste
          My Gear:
          Breedlove AD20sr Plus
          Ventura 1588 Classical 1970 something
          Fender Natural Ash Tele
          Ibanez Artcore Afs75t
          Epi SG G400, gutted and pimped out with EMGs
          Beater Ibanez GSA60
          Crybaby Fasel Classic Wah
          Boss DS-1 Distortion
          Crate and Marshall 15watts each

Comment

No, no, the entire bridge-solo section of 'Master Of Puppets', the intro to 'Battery' and 'The Call Of Ktulu', 'One', 'Fade To Black' etc. are ALL based upon this low-E-string-palm-mute-chug.

As if Guns 'n Roses were terribly original.

Comment

No, no, the entire bridge-solo section of 'Master Of Puppets', the intro to 'Battery' and 'The Call Of Ktulu', 'One', 'Fade To Black' etc. are ALL based upon this low-E-string-palm-mute-chug.

Sure, they built riffs around low e-string chugging but it isn't like that's all they did.

I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. I'm on my way to what I want from this world, and years from now I'll make it to the next world. I'll do my best to do the best I can. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. To keep my feet from jumping from the ground dear. To keep my heart from jumping through my mouth dear. To keep the past, the past and not the present. To try and learn when you teach me a lesson.

Winnie the Pooh

When you are a bear of very little brain, and you think of things, you find sometimes that a thing which seemed very thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Comment

• Metallica.

Gunnies never really did a **************** to me.
                WÜ
                Arsenal
                Family Portrait

Comment

As if Guns 'n Roses were terribly original.

there's no pm'd chug in One?
                  "Women's tricks are like government spy planes. The ones you know about aren't the ones' they're using."

Gainon10

Comment

• Originally posted by texasaxe

Yeah there is. Around the "Landmine has taken my sight" bit.
                    That's also a absolute brilliant use of it. Sounds like a machine gun going off combined with those kick drums. And it comes in after a superb build up. Such a great moment when those guitars come in.

Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Where's the 'Thread Over' dog when you need him?

Comment

• Originally posted by texasaxe

Yeah there is. Around the "Landmine has taken my sight" bit.

guess i shoulda put the sarcasm smiley in.....

Gainon10

Comment

• i dont see why people love Hetfield that much, i find his riffs boring as hell,

whoever started on that Ride the lightning being more complex than gunners - Mustaine wrote that anyway so it doesnt count,

Gunners get my vote

ToeJam

Comment

• Originally posted by Forbidden
                            GNR

Comment

Sure, they built riffs around low e-string chugging but it isn't like that's all they did.
                              My dear Wulf. See: sarcasm. Have you heard those songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by ClashinmeRage

there's no pm'd chug in One?
                                If you read carefully, you'll see I was referring to the INTROS of those songs.

Comment

Working...
                                X