Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cloudnine
    I have no idea how people can say GnR is better than Metallica.

Hetfield is 10x the frontman Rose is. Rose just acts cocky and **************** in typical cock-rock strut fashion - James gets the crowd going like no other.

Slash is a decent guitarist but his riffs are pedestrian at best - and with all the talk about Kirk abusing the wah pedal, Slash does it many times over. Slash's solos are slow, basic, and sloppy. Kirk's are fast, memorable, and tight (at least on record).

Axl is also 10x the **************************** Lars is on his worst day.

Metallica has better songs, better members, better everything.

You said it...
    Sig Pending

Comment

• Its tough because GnR never had their chance to **************** up.

However, Metallica after the black album... yeah...

Comment

Slash's solos are slow, basic, and sloppy. Kirk's are fast, memorable, and tight (at least on record).

I've never heard one sloppy solo from slash on record, I have for Kirk.

Both are good but Slash is better by far IMO.
        Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

• Metallica, because their music has aged slightly better than Guns 'n Roses IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forbidden

no Axl
            If only.

Comment

• Wow, never figured Metallica would lose this one.

IMO, GnR had one amazing album, one great unheralded album, and one overproduced, pretentious double album and then fell apart.

Metallica had 4 amazing albums, one pretty good album and then fell apart.
              1990 Squier P Deluxe, 2000 Reverend Rumblefish XL, 1978 Yamaha BB800, 2009 Ibanez JTK
              ?? Fender Bassman 135 w/Fender 2x15
              199x Yorkville 400B 1x15
              1990 Squier Fat Strat, 2003 Squier 72 Tele Custom, 2008 Yamaha CPX700
              Peavey Max100, USA Big Muff, Boss TU2

it would rule to login, get some coffee, look at what's scheduled for the day then sip coffee and look at boobs for awihle - corpo

Comment

• Originally posted by Forbidden

I've never heard one sloppy solo from slash on record, I have for Kirk.

Both are good but Slash is better by far IMO.

Which of Kirk's solos do you consider sloppy?
                "Be like the sun at midday".

Comment

• Originally posted by rockon1202
                  I have a feeling that I know which was this poll will wind up, but I figured I'd try it anyway.

what's the question BTW ? Which band sucks more ?
                  ( 1st MOTGLHC )
                  Click these :
                  ( o )( o )

Originally posted by lawboy
                  Brikus, that's some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. Kudos my brother. There will now be an honorary Trollie Award each year named in honor of you and that thread, called the Open G Piano Award.

Originally posted by soup in a Petra Nemcova VS Josie Maran thread :
                  The only real winner in this thread is my weewee.

non-br00tz

Comment

• Originally posted by zachoff
                    Wow, never figured Metallica would lose this one.

IMO, GnR had one amazing album, one great unheralded album, and one overproduced, pretentious double album and then fell apart.

Metallica had 4 amazing albums, one pretty good album and then fell apart.
                    Where's the 'Thread Over' dog when you need him?

Comment

• I like GnR much more..

& Kirk is terrible.
                      a new paradigm

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
                        Exactly. The world of songwriting doesn't revolve around extended guitar solos.

Really???

Aaaaaaaaah ****************flaps................

Anyway, GnR. Because of Slash.

Plus they haven't released a proper album since '93, whereas Metallica put out St Anger recently, and reminded us how **************** they've become.....

"Shiiiite album round mah neck, I lost my fans' respect...."
                        Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

I have no idea how people can say GnR is better than Metallica.

errrr........ St. Anger?

Hetfield is 10x the frontman Rose is.

Getting crowds to shout:

"****************!"
                          "****************!"
                          "Fag!"
                          "You're a homo!"

is obviously the mark of a GREAT frontman.

Metallica has better members

ooo-err, matron.
                          Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougy

errrr........ St. Anger?

Getting crowds to shout:

"****************!"
                            "****************!"
                            "Fag!"
                            "You're a homo!"

is obviously the mark of a GREAT frontman.

ooo-err, matron.
                            You're not going to convince anyone that Axl has 1/1,000th of the talent that James Hetfield has, as a frontman or a musician. At least he doesn't make the crowd want to throw beer-can missiles directly at his head because he decided to skip a concert 'cause he had a football match to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougy

errrr........ St. Anger?
                              errr...Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, The Black Album?

err...any piece of **************** 'album' that Guns 'n Roses ever put out after 'Appetite'?

Plus they haven't released a proper album since '93

Presenting this as a great positive for GnR is close to the dumbest thing I've ever heard on HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
                                Presenting this as a great positive for GnR is close to the dumbest thing I've ever heard on HC.

Well I'd be happy if any post '93 Metallica albums never got released
                                I notice you didn't mention any Metallica albums released since '93, is that because they're all ****************e?

And at least Axl wasn't dumb enough to stand over the pyrotechnics.............

Comment

Working...
                                X