Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockon1202

Lars Ulrich is an **************************** along with the rest of the band because they put record sales and money in front of fans as top priority.
    Unlike Axl, who's frontman AND an ****************************.

I don't care about any 'calls' you make, but I resent being insulted over a stupid rock band debate, online or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
      Unlike Axl, who's frontman AND an ****************************.

I don't care about any 'calls' you make, but I resent being insulted over a stupid rock band debate, online or not.

Sorry I insulted you, I did jump the gun, no pun intended. Yeah it's a stupid debate with no right answer, I was trying to make my point and was a bit harsh. Either way, both are great bands, I've got several albums by both bands.

Comment

Sorry I insulted you, I did jump the gun, no pun intended. Yeah it's a stupid debate with no right answer, I was trying to make my point and was a bit harsh. Either way, both are great bands, I've got several albums by both bands.
        Fair enough. And let me say that I love both bands, but I'd have to give Metallica the edge for pure longevity, for which they deserve MUCH more credit than they're given.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
          Fair enough. And let me say that I love both bands, but I'd have to give Metallica the edge for pure longevity, for which they deserve MUCH more credit than they're given.

They've definitely got the longevitythat GnR simply lacked, obviously. I think that had it been a different lead singer, or had Axl simply not been a psycho, we'd probably still have that band today, unless Slash had managed to drink himself to death. Either way, nobody can deny that both bands are among the most influential ever, especially on my playing.

As for their old and new stuff, I really like Metallica, especially stuff like Fuel, both Unforgiven's, Whiskey in the Jar, Nothing Else Matter, Enter Sandman.....stuff from the period that many people seem to really dislike over their earlier stuff. Doesn't matter to me, they're a great band no matter what era of their career you look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
            Old Metallica > Any GNR

Any GNR > New Metallica
            end of discusion, perfectly said! although i do think spagetti incident is great to listen too and nobody ever mentions it

Comment

Lars Ulrich is an **************************** along with the rest of the band because they put record sales and money in front of fans as top priority.

And I made that comment about Metallica outselling GnR because they released a ****************load more albums, so of course their album sales are better, maybe it's just the way you worded it in your original post, but it sounded silly. I can't quote numbers here, but I'd be stunned if any Metallica album outsold Appetite for Destruction. I don't make calls I can't back up, and if I do, call me on it and I'll take it back or amend my comment.
              umm if i was in a band i would put record sales and money ahead of everyone and everything

Comment

Wow GnR is ahead,I wish I could vote twice.Oh well I brought Metallica one closer.

No contest in my opinion,never heard a GnR song come close to even the oldest Metallica song I've heard (Hit the Lights with Dave Mustaine).

Slash plays slower than Hammet but I don't think that makes him better,bringing melody to a solo in a song at 220BPM (Master of Puppets)isn't something alot of guitarists could pull off.

And to those who keep posting that Kirk Hammet is gay,why are you so interested in his sex life?I don't think he's gay but who cares anyway?
                "Be like the sun at midday".

Comment

So Metallica started sooner...does that mean they're naturally better because of that?

context
                  I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

So Metallica started sooner...does that mean they're naturally better because of that?

Yes. That's how we judge music around here, didn't you know?
                    Hi. I'm new here.

Comment

as far as the Axl being a psycho stuff, isn't that part of the charm of GnR? Would they be legendary with a normal dude just singing and never losing it on stage? GnR minus Axl would be like Sammy era Van Halen........****************ty.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickydOrange
                        Guns and Roses released one good album. Metallica did something new and changed a whole form of music. Axl whines like a bitch too.

Metallica is the clear choice here, but Slash is a far more competent guitarist than Hammit.

Metallica was good but their St Anger sucked. I wouldn't say they changed anything, but they did have a lot more good music than GNR.

..... and Slash was pretty damn good !! Hammit basically sucked in comparison.

Axl was an idiot.

Thank you, that will be all.

Comment

The two most overrated band in the same poll....ugh

Comment

Old Metallica = Good
                            GNR = Better.

More talent, more melodic. Its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I'd take Izzy over Hetfield any day.

Comment

They've definitely got the longevitythat GnR simply lacked, obviously. I think that had it been a different lead singer, or had Axl simply not been a psycho, we'd probably still have that band today, unless Slash had managed to drink himself to death. Either way, nobody can deny that both bands are among the most influential ever, especially on my playing.

I think Axl's voice made the band too, no Axl, no GNR.
                              Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by bongfodder
                                Slash plays slower than Hammet but I don't think that makes him better,bringing melody to a solo in a song at 220BPM (Master of Puppets)isn't something alot of guitarists could pull off.

The Master Of Puppets solo is reatively easy if you can trem pick.

Plus I'd like to see Kirk play Paradise City
                                Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X