No announcement yet.

Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WonderMalcolm
    Hammett never soloed outside of a church in the desert. Slash's solo in the November Rain video owns anything Metallica will ever or has ever done.

There are more to bands than lead guitarist. Hetfield > everyone in GnR combined.
    Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Actually they're more a mauve.

And they're vertical blinds.

BK

If you are reading this, you are the chosen one. Paypal me 20 dollars for more information.

Originally posted by Maxguitarhero

ehh, looks like an asian chick.

i say nay.

Last edited by TheWickydOrange on 01-25-2002 at 01:30 AM

Comment

Old Metallica > Any GNR

Any GNR > New Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth7684
        Old Metallica > Any GNR

Any GNR > New Metallica
        Gear List:

'92 Gibson Les Paul Studio
        Soldano Hot Rod 50
        Soldano 2x12 cab

Comment

Metallica by a ****************ing country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickydOrange

There are more to bands than lead guitarist. Hetfield > everyone in GnR combined.
            Exactly. The world of songwriting doesn't revolve around extended guitar solos.

Comment

tough one....I say GNR...here's why:

GNR has the edge in songwriting, it's close, but I just connect with the lyrics Axel writes more.

Guitars.....again, it's close, Slash is just a better lead guitarist than KH. The rhythm is hard to judge because both bands do what they do very well....it's just different. I gotta go GNR

Arrangements.....This is were GNR has the edge I think. They write great rock songs that are melodically interesting and they have greater depth and versitility. Metallica does one thing...and one thing very well....but they are pretty one dimensional.

Kick ASS-ness: Honestly, i think it's closer than people want to admit. GNR can really kick ass in a rock setting.......but Metallica is just a little more kick ass.

Vocals: Axel is not a good singer.....especially live. Metallica easy.

If i match up GNR's and Metallica's best record.....I gottat go GNR. AFD is one of the few albums I can listen to straight through and not skip a song. New metallica sucks.....but so does spegethi incident....so they cancel out. Use Your Illusions weren't as consistent but they show the depth. I think Estranged and November rain are just amazing epic rock songs....great lyrics, great arrangements, great playing......metallica never did anything like that to really impress me. And come on people .......S&M.....kinda lame.

GNR....but it is a close one in my book

Comment

Old Metallica kills GNR IMO.

Comment

Metallica has released their fair share of ****************, but Ride and Master are metal masterpieces and Kill 'Em and Justice are just great.

Guns 'N Roses really only did one good album.
                  Thanks be to God for heavy metal! (But praise be to Satan.)

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I pretty much have the best ears in the business so if I say you sound like Animal Collective Jr then you do.

Web Hosting, VPS, Cloud Backup - http://www.packetforce.net - Coupon code "harm50" for 50% off

Comment

RATT
                    For Sale:
                    05 Jackson DKMG $350 (mint)
                    04 No name Superstrat w/ Floyd $140, maple flame top, looks killer. Mint condition
                    Korg PX4 Pandoras w/wireless phones $140

NOT for Sale

05 Agile 3500 CSB
                    04 Agile 2800 Natural Quilt (JB/Jazz)
                    98 Wolfgang USA Stoptail
                    Fender Lite Ash Strat $400 (mint)
                    Vox Ad30
                    Roland Microcube

Comment

Next to Greenday of course.

maybe you're thinking about all those other bands that start with G that i've been heavily influenced by:

God Street Wine
                      Gomez
                      Gov't Mule

green day reminds me of a segment on a long forgotten tv show from the early days of nickelodeon called "Out of Control." that segment was called "how not to do things."
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Metallica! And in my opinion, Kirk Hammet is better than slash; Slash seems generic rock to me.

Comment

GNR.

I think Metallica are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Robben Cain

Arrangements.....This is were GNR has the edge I think. They write great rock songs that are melodically interesting and they have greater depth and versitility. Metallica does one thing...and one thing very well....but they are pretty one dimensional.

metallica never did anything like that to really impress me. And come on people .......S&M.....kinda lame.

GNR....but it is a close one in my book

wow..arrangements? your telling me that GNR's songs are more melodic and more complex than metallica? **************** the arrangement of And Justice For All and Ride the Lighting themselves (the songs) are more techinically complex and melodic by a landslide over ANY thing that GNR has written.

Metallica by a Tsunami.
                            ----

My Guitars-
                            http://www.geocities.com/youareyo/guitar.htm

Sorry my martin acoustic isnt posted on there yet!

Comment

Originally posted by rockon1202
                              I have a feeling that I know which was this poll will wind up, but I figured I'd try it anyway.

my top two frontmen 1) Axl, 2) Het

mt top 5 guitarists 1) Slash 2) Page 3) Het4) Hendrix 5) whoever writes most of Slayers ****************

i'll break it down thusly.......i'd travel, and did in Nov 2002, 1200 kms to Vancouver to see Axl's new GnR, wouldn't do that for metallica.

Comment

Hetfield=

e-x
                                b-x
                                g-x
                                d-x
                                a-x
                                E-0 (pm)

Comment

Working...
                                X