Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns n' Roses or Metallica?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither, but Guns = suck... Badly. REALLY badly.
    Originally posted by cloudnine
    Your cabinet makes me want to punch myself in the dick

My Guitars:
    Fender USA Tele, ESP LTD Viper 400, Ibanez Iceman
    Amps:
    Fender FM100H, Crate 4x12 w/ Celestions swapped in.
    m/

Good Dealings w/: ph0nage, Lonnie99

Comment

• Originally posted by bwah

Plus, Slash has never hit a wrong note in his entire life (well not while recording anyways.. I'm pretty sure he's hit tons of them in the drunken stupor he spent most of his time in )

Never seen slash live? the hash he made of the solo in slither one of the times i've seen was unforgivable, he needs 4 songs to warm up to anything near what you guys claim he is, he is not the be all and end all of lead work much as I admire him.

Metallica are a better all round band tbh

Can Izzy play battery while singing? No

Could Duff ever be half the bassist cliff was? No

bag on kirk all you like but he has far more technical ability than slash and in kirks field that makes him a better guitarist.

lars is a dickhead and really I prefer Joey from slipknots take on metallica drums, saw him play with them at donnington last year and he could knock lars back to denmark any day of the week.
      All problems can be solved with suitable application of nuclear weapons.

Comment

• Gun's n Roses

C'mon. We all know it boils down to who looks cooler. That goes to Axl and Slash. The kilt!!! No shirt and a tophat with ITTT hair!

Runs n Poses.

Comment

• Guns N Roses pwns metallica
          Originally Posted by metalheadUK

Does anyone on here want to buy all my crap if I stick "Gibson" on the headstock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
            I don't think anyone but a die-hard G 'n R fan would recognise at least a quarter of those tunes you quoted as 'hit singles'. Your last sentence also seems to make no sense whatsoever. And as for album sales -

http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp

There you go. Among Metallica's multi-platinums are a few live records and Garage Inc., which says something about their popularity.

I can recognize and have all of those on my MP3 player.
            Originally Posted by metalheadUK

Does anyone on here want to buy all my crap if I stick "Gibson" on the headstock?

Comment

• Who the hell dug up this relic of a thread?
              Originally posted by STEEL KAGE
              Tell me about it, the subway was so hot that my Junk was doing the Breastroke!!!

Good dealz with deftoneboy, Big Hair, maiden_fan, Si, Mr R Gecko, Jakkeh and kristo.

Comment

• I can't believe this thing isn't dead yet.
                I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckethead2
                  Guns N Roses pwns metallica

What... they have 1 great album (appetite for destruction) vs Metallica's 3 or 4 four great albums. Yeah, they sure pwn Metallica.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckethead2

I can recognize and have all of those on my MP3 player.
                    That's because you're obviously a big Guns 'n Roses fan. Apparently one with weak reading comprehension skills too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
                      Exactly. Arguments like 'Kirk is sloppy' crop up, when anyone could easily accuse Slash of being one of the worst/most unlistenable live lead guitar players in existence (I don't care what he was on at the time). I'd hazard that Kirk can play anything Slash can. The fact remains that Slash's 3 best solos are far better than Kirk's, but 'Fade To Black', the intro to 'One' and 'The Unforgiven' are pretty damn good as it stands. And KHIG simply doesn't hold water when a comparison is being made to a band with Axl Rose in it.

+1

Sums my opinion up perfectly. I like both bands, but my vote goes to metallica as they are the band that got me into playing guitar. With the exception of St Anger (frantic and some kind of monster are good) I like all of their albums. I will always respect KH more than Slash as he is a 'proper' musician (bad choice of words) he studied the theory of the guitar and really took the time to put together excellently composed songs along with JH. Slash was pretty much wasted all the time, turned up to gigs wasted, didnt play his best, and it shows that he didnt respect the fans enough to turn up and deliver a great show. Well, they delivered a great show, but his playing could be hit or miss.

I respect effort.
                      A man walks into a Drum Kit .... Ba Dum Tish

Comment

• Originally posted by Aspect
                        Who the hell dug up this relic of a thread?
                        Take a look doofus.

Comment

• I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

• Metalica had some stuff of interest, but honestly very little of their stuff is enjoyable to listen to.

GNR had some bad stuff, but they had Civil War and november rain too, both of which were well done.

I vote GNR out of anoyance with Metalica.

Comment

• 2 of the biggest bands of my time, and I don't care for either of them.

Comment

• BUMP

Comment

Working...
                                X