Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOT: The other guy from CHIPS, damn this acne!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another thing...dont touch your face with your dirty hands. Its the easiest way to spread bacteria.
    peace and unity born from positive c-h-a-n-g-e

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey_McPot
      Take the tetracycline, sort **************** out. If it comes back then take the roaccutane; it's THE BIG PILL and it'll take care of business once and for all.

That accutane is scary ****************! You have to take it for 6 months to a year and during this time it makes your complexion 100 times worse. It forces all bactieria to the surface of your skin. If you have mild acne and take accutane it will be severe for the time you are taking it, PLUS it dries the **************** out of your skin. You will look like a giant walking crusty scab. When you stop taking it your skin will clear right up for a few months and then acne will eventually return, possibly worse than it was in the first place.

I wouldn't recommend going this route unless you have a very very bad acne problem to begin with that is so bad that you have nothing to lose. If it's just moderately bad, don't do it. Accutane should be seen as a last resort hail-mary-shot kind of treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Tourbus

That accutane is scary ****************! You have to take it for 6 months to a year and during this time it makes your complexion 100 times worse. It forces all bactieria to the surface of your skin. If you have mild acne and take accutane it will be severe for the time you are taking it, PLUS it dries the **************** out of your skin. You will look like a giant walking crusty scab. When you stop taking it your skin will clear right up for a few months and then acne will eventually return, possibly worse than it was in the first place.

I wouldn't recommend going this route unless you have a very very bad acne problem to begin with that is so bad that you have nothing to lose. If it's just moderately bad, don't do it. Accutane should be seen as a last resort hail-mary-shot kind of treatment.

Well, I took it for 12 weeks, skin got WAY worse for the first 3 weeks, after that it cleared up completely. My skin was very photosensitive though (But I wore sunblock in bright sunlight) and it was very dry too (but moisturizer took care of that).
        Never had any skin problems again. Best thing I ever did.
        Originally posted by tamoore
        I was a Satanist for 10 years. Not this pussy "We don't believe in Satan" Satanist **************** either......
        Real, hard core, hanging out in cemeteries, digging up bodies, killing prostitutes and eating their livers type Satanism.
        All for the glory of lord Satan, baby.
        You ever see the movie 'Lost Boys'? It was a lot like that.....

------------------------------------------------
        One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey_McPot

Well, I took it for 12 weeks, skin got WAY worse for the first 3 weeks, after that it cleared up completely. My skin was very photosensitive though (But I wore sunblock in bright sunlight) and it was very dry too (but moisturizer took care of that).
          Never had any skin problems again. Best thing I ever did.

Did you have to sign a release to get the accutane, indicating that you understood the more serious adverse effects of it, including birth defects (for females) and psychological problems?
          Originally posted by baron85
          However, my pick for a "Legend" that I don't understand is the Beatles, and to a greater extent, John Lennon. Don't get me wrong, the Beatles are still at the top of most of my lists and favorites. But people seem to intentionally overlook the fact that a lot of their songs just aren't very good (I know, this goes for Dylan and everyone else, too). But John Lennon really gets me. Paul McCartney AND George Harrison were both better than Lennon, and yet Lennon still gets seemingly all the credit. I know his death has a lot to do with it, as does his persona, but both of those things relate just about nothing to his actual music.

Comment

Originally posted by bari27

Did you have to sign a release to get the accutane, indicating that you understood the more serious adverse effects of it, including birth defects (for females) and psychological problems?

No, nothing like that. It was 12 years ago though.
            Originally posted by tamoore
            I was a Satanist for 10 years. Not this pussy "We don't believe in Satan" Satanist **************** either......
            Real, hard core, hanging out in cemeteries, digging up bodies, killing prostitutes and eating their livers type Satanism.
            All for the glory of lord Satan, baby.
            You ever see the movie 'Lost Boys'? It was a lot like that.....

------------------------------------------------
            One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.

Comment

i had pretty bad acne for many years. i tried lots of prescription stuff, and finally accutane with no effect.

then i actually tried that proactiv stuff they advertise on TV thinking "what have i got to lose?" and along with a major diet change, it totally worked! (in all honesty the diet change probably did more to STOP any mew acne from develpoming, but the proactiv cleared up the old stuff well. )
              i basically cut out:
              -chocolate
              -all dairy
              -caffeine
              -and severely limited the sugar and fat i was eating.
              http://www.myspace.com/alvarorojas
              http://www.myspace.com/aghosttokillagain

Comment

Originally posted by XeroStar33

Holy ****************.

# Stroke
                # Suicidal ideations
                # Suicide
                # Suicide attempts

Nice drug there
                Pissing The World Off One Day At A Timeâ„¢

Comment

Do an internet search on mega doses of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B-5) and acne...it is safe since it is water-soluble, and has been proven effective against acne since it helps the body process oils and fats in the diet that would otherwise cause pore blockage and infection. Check out some of the research, but depending on weight you have to take about 10 grams (not MG) per day, divided over the three major meals. I've been on it for a year now, and has helped me a great deal, no side effects...most vitamin stores carry it, and you can find some good deals on the internet...good luck.
                  https://soundcloud.com/blackholegravity

Comment

Its revive a old thread day. Happy ROT day. Hope you have a ROT'in day..

Comment

My doctor recommended tetracycline, but I've never taken any oral antibiotics and I'm a bit worried about side effects; are there any?

Your doctor recommended a drug but didn't talk about side effects? Are you sure you didn't go to a vet? Did you hear any dogs barking in another room?

And seriously, dude, ****************ing google it: http://www.drugs.com/tetracycline.html

Comment

You know this thread's six years old, right?
                        Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

It is amazing how little we knew about infectious diseases back in 2005.

Comment

It is amazing how little we knew about infectious diseases back in 2005.

Iknorite? I remember I went in for a physical back in 2003 and the nurse bled me without washing her hands first!
                            Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                            Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

I did the whole tetracycline thing back in high school, but my mom waited to long to send me to the derm, so I was already pretty scarred up. TOPICAL prescription antibiotics are a great way to go, you're killing the bacteria on your skin without effecting your whole system.

Comment

Try Accutane, as long as you don't have a vagina, you should be OK.
                                Here's my gear:
                                Amps
                                Engl SE EL34; Engl Powerball V1; Marshall JCM 800 2204 Cameron Aldrich Mod;Mesa Triaxis V2.0;Mesa 50/50 Power amp;Carvin Legacy Head;Lee Jackson XLA 1000;ADA MP1, Mesa and Marshall Cabs
                                Guitars
                                Guild x170;Ibanez Universe;Ibanez Usa Custom;Ibanez prestige 2020x;Ibanez RG760;Fender USA B-Bender Tele;Kramer Focus 3000;Ovation Legend;Alverez 12 string;Fender J Bass Fretless

Comment

Working...
                                X