Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOT: The other guy from CHIPS, damn this acne!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT: The other guy from CHIPS, damn this acne!

Yeah, it's a lame ass problem.

I've got pimples on my back and chest, and although the problem has been there for a while, it's gotten worse recently.

I'm wondering, what can I do about it? I shower daily, and scrub myself thoroughly using plain bath soap.

Is there anything I can use to try and control this? My doctor recommended tetracycline, but I've never taken any oral antibiotics and I'm a bit worried about side effects; are there any?

Any help would be appreciated...
    Rockin' the Free World with the Mazi Bee Militia

Please visit my photoblog. If you're a Stumbler, please give me a thumbs up!
    make money by digging and stumbling.

Make sure you drink lots of water. And regardless of what anyone says, diet is important too.
    Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Sounds like MRSA, check with a dr. and find out. Some mean **************** that can kill you. Don't **************** around with this if it is in fact your problem. Good luck.
      "Okay,okay,okay!I understand!Now quit babbling like some screwy twat and get me another beer."

"Then again, you may be the Antichrist"- Doc Holiday

"The only time is now"-the movie Infection.

"before the streets were
      pedestrianized, and when the district was seedy,
      dangerous, and mundane all at once". - Warren Zevon

Comment

Stop taking steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by diocide
          And regardless of what anyone says, diet is important too.

No, it isn't.

I took tetracycline back in high school, and the only side effect I experienced was that I burned a bit quicker if I was out in the sun for an extended period of time. No big deal, really.
          I kill threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Modal Auxiliary

No, it isn't.

I took tetracycline back in high school, and the only side effect I experienced was that I burned a bit quicker if I was out in the sun for an extended period of time. No big deal, really.

Great, so rather than look at what your putting into your body, go to a doctor and spend money on chemicals to fix your problems. SOUNDS AWESOME!
            Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Great, so rather than look at what your putting into your body, go to a doctor and spend money on chemicals to fix your problems. SOUNDS AWESOME!

Why not? Acne vulgaris is a bacteria. Putting away your bag of Chips Ahoy won't kill bacteria. An antibiotic, on the other hand, will. Tetracycline is likely to fix, or, at the very least, improve his condition. It's also incredibly cheap- the retail cost is usually less than $6 for 30 capsules. With insurance, the cost will end up being even less.

Also:

Wikipedia says:
              "Chocolate, chips and sugar, among others, have not been shown to affect acne. This means that the scientific studies done to date did not find a big difference between acne in two groups of people, one group eating the food in question and one group avoiding it. "
              I kill threads.

Comment

Why not? Tetracycline is a low-grade antibiotic that's likely to fix, or, at the very least, improve his condition. It's also incredibly cheap- the retail cost is usually less than $6 for 30 capsules. With insurance, the cost will end up being even less.

Also:

What I'm mainly talking about it water and in general what you eat. If you starting drinking atleast a gallon of water a day, and eating relatively healthy, I would guarantee that the acne would lessen, or you could go and get the Rx, either is a viable option.

Comment

What I'm mainly talking about it water and in general what you eat. If you starting drinking atleast a gallon of water a day, and eating relatively healthy, I would guarantee that the acne would lessen, or you could go and get the Rx, either is a viable option.

My diet could use an improvement, but I do drink a lot of water daily.

I'll tweak what I eat a bit and see if I gain any improvments, but if nothing happens I guess I'll get on the tetracycline.
                  Rockin' the Free World with the Mazi Bee Militia

Please visit my photoblog. If you're a Stumbler, please give me a thumbs up!
                  make money by digging and stumbling.

Comment

either is a viable option.

Or both.

Also, your moniker makes me happy.
                    I kill threads.

Comment

Or both.

Also, your moniker makes me happy.

What do you mean? People take it in different way's and it's always fun to hear a new one.

Comment

What do you mean? People take it in different way's and it's always fun to hear a new one.

Personally, it conjures up images of somebody stabbing Ronnie James Dio to death.

I guess that's kind of tragic, but it's still pretty hilarious.
                        I kill threads.

Comment

sun beds and stand and tans work very well

(in moderation of course, you don't want to burn yourself, or risk cancer by going on daily)
                          http://www.isolatedatoms.com/ | http://www.myspace.com/isolatedatoms

Official HCGJ songwriter for the year 2005

Comment

Originally posted by XeroStar33

My diet could use an improvement, but I do drink a lot of water daily.

I'll tweak what I eat a bit and see if I gain any improvments, but if nothing happens I guess I'll get on the tetracycline.

There's a difference between adolescent adolescent spots and full-on acne. If you suffer from acne then diet isn;t going to do much for it. People treat acne vulgaris like it's somehow the fault of the sufferer: they're doing something wrong, they don't keep their face clean, they eat ****************ty food. They're wrong. Modal Auxillary is right: it's a bacterial problem and a medical condition. If someone suffered from psoriasis you'd feel sorry for them and hope they would take medication to help it. Acne is no different. Take your meds, clear it up.
                            Originally posted by tamoore
                            I was a Satanist for 10 years. Not this ******************** "We don't believe in Satan" Satanist **************** either......
                            Real, hard core, hanging out in cemeteries, digging up bodies, killing prostitutes and eating their livers type Satanism.
                            All for the glory of lord Satan, baby.
                            You ever see the movie 'Lost Boys'? It was a lot like that.....

------------------------------------------------
                            One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.

Comment

remeber this, its got nothing to do with physical hygiene (or how the fuk you spell it), so taking more showers etc won't help.

its got to do with hormones and the way they interact with the stuff you shove down your throat, eat healthier, more vegetables, fruit, drink water, lots.
                              drop junkfood, alcohol, cola even.

Comment

Working...
                              X