Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! i never knew Peter Frampton used to be cool and could rock!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw them open for Black Sabbath on the first Sabbath tour, I guess it was around early '71.....Here's the kicker it was a 3 band bill with Sabbath headlining, Humble Pie was 2nd billing and the opening act was a band nobody ever heard of at the time "Yes"...talk about a strange collection of bands....I had gone to see Sabbath as they were new and I was blown away by the guitar and vocals that I heard on the first album....Well Yes opened and smoked the joint, it was the Capital theater in Port Chester new york...then Humble Pie came out and totally blew the crowd away....when they were done and the house lights dimned again and over the PA you could here someone saying "Where is Black Sabbath, where is Black Sabbath then the house lights came back up and out on the stage was Humble Pie again....Ozzie apparently was already starting to pull out from shows at the last minute due to strange circumstances, but Steve Marriot and the boys refused to dissapoint the crowd so they came back on and did a 2nd show of covers and blues jams....Incredibule show I will never forget it....To this day I never did see Sabbath, but after that night I never cared....

Humble Pies rocks!!!!
    "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord"...Psalm 150:6

Trooper #125

G&L Legacy

Guild JF30
    Mesa F30

Comment

Originally posted by 335clone

This is true. Only after he followed his managers horrid advice did he slip into obscurity, and his rep as a rocker suffered greatly.

I don't know if you were around for the movie "Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" with Frampton, Aerosmith, the Bee Gees and others who were big around that time. That was a career killer for several artists and supposedly contriubuted to Frampton's demise.

Comment

Originally posted by GCDEF

I don't know if you were around for the movie "Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" with Frampton, Aerosmith, the Bee Gees and others who were big around that time. That was a career killer for several artists and supposedly contriubuted to Frampton's demise.

You had to remind me

I saw Frampton two years in a row as part of 'the british are coming' arena tours. Basicaly Frampton comes alive-live. He was at the top of his game, but as you said, a couple of career moves generated by his mgmt dug his grave for him.

Great player.
        RIP Ironmonger

Originally Posted by lawboy

The day you find an Axl Rose song on my iPod will be the day pigs fly and Republicans tell the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by 335clone

You had to remind me

I saw Frampton two years in a row as part of 'the british are coming' arena tours. Basicaly Frampton comes alive-live. He was at the top of his game, but as you said, a couple of career moves generated by his mgmt dug his grave for him.

Great player.

I was a movie theatre manager back then. We were directed to kill that movie. Theatrers are contractually obligated to run a movie for a certain amount of time depending on sales. Upper management told us to underreport sales so they could get that dog out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by sonrise
            Saw them open for Black Sabbath on the first Sabbath tour, I guess it was around early '71.....Here's the kicker it was a 3 band bill with Sabbath headlining, Humble Pie was 2nd billing and the opening act was a band nobody ever heard of at the time "Yes"...talk about a strange collection of bands....I had gone to see Sabbath as they were new and I was blown away by the guitar and vocals that I heard on the first album....Well Yes opened and smoked the joint, it was the Capital theater in Port Chester new york...then Humble Pie came out and totally blew the crowd away....when they were done and the house lights dimned again and over the PA you could here someone saying "Where is Black Sabbath, where is Black Sabbath then the house lights came back up and out on the stage was Humble Pie again....Ozzie apparently was already starting to pull out from shows at the last minute due to strange circumstances, but Steve Marriot and the boys refused to dissapoint the crowd so they came back on and did a 2nd show of covers and blues jams....Incredibule show I will never forget it....To this day I never did see Sabbath, but after that night I never cared....

Humble Pies rocks!!!!

keep rockin`...

Originally posted by DracoAran

Why not just stick a Metal Zone between your electric-acoustic and your TV?.

Comment

Shine On is one of my favorite songs ever!
              I am the liquor.

Comment

badgers????

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You'll never see me stepping on anyone's toes trying to play the **************** out of "Hava Nagila" on the accordion. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by 555
                  And Rockin The Filmore (vinyl) was worn out and replaced several times due to heavy use/abuse by me and my roomates.

Funny to hear that. I wore that one out early on too. I probably listened to "I Don't Need No Doctor" at least 20 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                  X