Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! i never knew Peter Frampton used to be cool and could rock!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! i never knew Peter Frampton used to be cool and could rock!

Of course, im just a young pup at the tender age of 28, but i heard Humble Pie the other night on the radio and the station played the entire Rockin The Fillmore album. I had only caught the last 2 songs and i thought it was pretty cool so i went out and bought it the cd. Very impressive! How old was Frampton on this album, about 19 or 20? He has always made me sick and i always thought of him as a sissy but now i have a whole new respect. I cant believe this is the dude who wrote Baby I Love Your Way and stuff like that. I cant bare to listen to that stuff. Steve Marriot and the drummer kick ass too. Did Humble Pie ever make it that big? I hardly ever hear of them and they dont seem to get much recognition. WHere can i find pics of the lineup on this album? I cant imagine what Frampton used to look like.

Humble Pie was BALLS.

Comment

Steve Marriott came from The Small Faces. They went on to become The Faces, with a then cool Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood.
      Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Hmm, rockin' Frampton eh? What songs should I "purchase"?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols
          Steve Marriott came from The Small Faces.

As did Ronnie Lane.

Talk about a band with bad luck.

Comment

I saw Humble Pie open for Ten Years After, and they were excellent. No one sitting near me had ever heard of them, but they quickly won the crowd over. They were very tight. Much better live than in the studio.

And Rockin The Filmore (vinyl) was worn out and replaced several times due to heavy use/abuse by me and my roomates.
            You play guitar with your ears; your fingers just do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hetfield Acne Scars
              Steve Marriot and the drummer kick ass too. Did Humble Pie ever make it that big? I hardly ever hear of them and they dont seem to get much recognition. WHere can i find pics of the lineup on this album? I cant imagine what Frampton used to look like.

In the early 70s Humble Pie was one of the most popular/biggest rock bands on the planet.Rock On was a fairly popular LP and the post Fillmore LP Smokin' quite popular.Thirty Days on the Hole off of that record still gets some airplay.At the peak of there success the Pie were hooked up with Dee Anthony one of the great movers and shakers in the USA music industry and a very popular touring band.Steve Marriott ranks as one of the great rock vocalists for his work with the Small Faces and Humble Pie.
              "Now we're going to play a Cecil Taylor tune"-Fred "Sonic" Smith

check out www.myspace.com/sonicsrendezvousband box set recommended!

Comment

The first few bars of "Hallelujah I Love Her So" used to give me chills.
                That's some thick tone
                The new kid friendly mother approved LR

Comment

Humble Pie and The Small Faces are both really underrated.

If there are alternate universes, there are quite a few where Steve Marriott becomes a legend. Things might have been a lot different if Marriott would have hooked up with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, who were interested in starting a band with him after they heard the Small Faces had broken up. Marriott had already started the Pie with Frampton and wasn't interested.

Check out "You Need Loving" by the Small Faces, Marriott's singing is a dead ringer for Robert Plant and it is from 1966. Like "Whole Lotta Love", it is a rewrite of Muddy Water's "You Need Love" which was written by Willie Dixon.

There are good two Cd samplers of both bands available and I highly recommend both. The Small Faces one is called "Ultimate Small Faces" and it is an English import, but it can be found through Amazon at regular price. The Humble Pie one is called "Hot'n Nasty" and I got mine through the BMG record club.

Comment

Originally posted by babybatter
                    Humble Pie was BALLS.

+1
                    Git away from that wheel-barruh, boy! You don’t know nuthin’ ‘bout no machin’ry!

Comment

Yes, it's true. For the briefest of moments, Frampton actually rocked.

Comment

You should check out his Live in Detroit DVD. Now that he's older and no longer a pretty boy, you can actually focus on the music he's playing. If you like really good Les Paul/Marshall guitar playing you'll really like that DVD. His playing now is much better than it used to be.

Comment

frampton has always rocked, but for some reason it has only been cool to "say" he rocked at certain times.

Comment

Rockin The Fillmore is my favorite live album. Play it for those who never heard it. I love making em guess who it is for at least 3/4 of the album.

Comment

Originally posted by BootRoots
                              frampton has always rocked, but for some reason it has only been cool to "say" he rocked at certain times.

This is true. Only after he followed his managers horrid advice did he slip into obscurity, and his rep as a rocker suffered greatly.
                              RIP Ironmonger

Originally Posted by lawboy

The day you find an Axl Rose song on my iPod will be the day pigs fly and Republicans tell the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X