Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant - Time to Burn

I still love this album. It fit directly into the AOR cheese-metal era except for the superior songwriting, Huff's unique singing voice, and of course the great guitar work. Sometimes his singing was a little overwrought, and the rest of the band could sound a bit generic behind his guitar work, but that's all I could say bad about those guys.

Man, that guy was a great rock player with some killer modern guitar tones!
    Originally Posted by requiem156

Dokken has no album called Storm of Dragons. If they did, the songs would all be about this one dragon who got his heart broken by a mean female dragon. The riffs and solos would be killing, though.

I don't have this one yet. I love the first Giant disc. Dann is a huge load of talent and really did bring some respectable music to the cheese-metal genre.
    My name is Dave and I play guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrdave
      I don't have this one yet. I love the first Giant disc. Dann is a huge load of talent and really did bring some respectable music to the cheese-metal genre.

Time to Burn is possibly a bit more generic in the arena-rocking sense, where the first one is much more varied in parts and moods.

Fantastic solos from Dann, though. The guy is a great player who was burning off some greasy leads that were packed with emotion and didn't sound like they were coming from anyone else's approach.
      Originally Posted by requiem156

Dokken has no album called Storm of Dragons. If they did, the songs would all be about this one dragon who got his heart broken by a mean female dragon. The riffs and solos would be killing, though.

Comment

Working...
      X