Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jimmy James

I remember a few months ago you mentioned that you had a gig opening for Popa Chubby, how did that go? I got ahold of a bootleg show of his and I'm digging his whole vibe.
    There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Originally posted by Black-diesel
    I remember a few months ago you mentioned that you had a gig opening for Popa Chubby, how did that go? I got ahold of a bootleg show of his and I'm digging his whole vibe.

It was a happening show. It was at The Knitting Factory here in L.A. I had to use subs for my rhythm section but it worked out and I went over the top. Lot's of guitar pyrotechnics because I didn't want to get blown off the stage.

I drew alot of people from the other stages because they wanted to know what the **************** was going on. At the end of the show all the guitar geeks swarmed the stage to see my pedal board.

Popa Chubby was great. Nice guy, very tasty and understated. He had all the Guitar Player Magazine hip licks. He has great refreshing blues based songs and never got on his knees to the blues police. I've covered his blow job song "Stoop Down Baby" for eons.

He had just got back from Europe and had a low turnout. I actually brought more people than he did. I remember being weirded out because here was the baddest guitar player in the building and all the kiddies were packing into the other rooms to hear the strummy Alt-rockers.

Popa Chubby is a very large sweaty man.
    Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I ordered his dvd, it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm geared to hear it. On the boot I got he plays a solo that really hit me over the head. The last guitar part to make this big impression on me was Desert Rose (live) from EJ. He was playing it a long time before the album was released. I was in a daze just watching/hearing him just rip on and on, it was like he was channeling Jimi that night. I was actually disappointed when I heard the studio version because the live version was so over the top.
      There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy James

I've covered his blow job song "Stoop Down Baby" for eons.

I just saw Chick Willis a few weeks ago, the original "Stoop Down" man. He's still playing that song every gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-diesel

I just saw Chick Willis a few weeks ago, the original "Stoop Down" man. He's still playing that song every gig.

I thought Chubby wrote that. Oh well. Still a great tune.
          Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I just looked at the lyrics, he wrote a different version. Willis wrote his version in 1971.

Chick Willis

Comment

Sounds like a great show!
              www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

It was a happening show.

Proof JJ is a hippy.

Comment

Popa Chubby is a very large sweaty man.

For real?
                  Originally Posted by Scepter

BTW FACK YOU CRAB!!!! You wouldn't know a hot piece of ass if it sat on your face and gave you third degree burns, reatard.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

I like V-neck undershirts on guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X