Guitar tune for every key

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar tune for every key

Hi there,

I'm interested in learning a different guitar piece in each of the 12 keys for the Major scale. I'm looking for reasonably easy and popular songs or instrumentals - with no modulations between keys. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" would be an example in G major I think. Name multiple songs for a certain key if you like and I can then pick the one that best suits me.

Cheers,

Barry.

any takers? how about a song in G#?

Comment

just transpose the song..or do it on the fly in the circle of 5ths each time around welcome 2 jazz
      Some gear I use:
      Gibson Custom '58 Les Paul Reissue
      DW Drums
      Universal Audio 2108
      Universal Audio 1176
      Lexicon PCM-70
      TC Electronic G-Major
      Yamaha AW16G
      Sabian Cymbals
      AKG, Shure, Neumann, Marshall mics
      Revox B77 1/4"
      ProTools

Comment

well actually, I don't want to transpose, I want the it in its origional key as it was origionally recorded.

a freind of mine had a theory that you could learn perfect pitch by becoming very familiar with 12 pieces of music in each key. I bet him 20 squid that he couldn't after one month. Last night I tested him and, well, lets just say I had to hand over the money.

He listens to classical so he didn't find it hard to find the 12 pieces of music familiar to him. I'm finding it hard to find songs in all the keys, so I'm hoping for some suggestions.

I've been trying out the idea today with F - by asking myself how Smells Like Teen Spirit starts. I then sing into my guitar tuner and I'm hitting the F one time out of every two. So I guess it could work.

So can anyone help? especially with keys like C#, D#, G# etc.

Comment

I dunno. Franz Listz' Hungarian Rhapsody #2 was performed in C# minor, I think.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But isn't D# and same as Eb?

In which case Metallica's "Memory Remains" would be in D# minor, yes?

EDIT: I also think Metallica's "Unforgiven 2" falls under G# minor.
            PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Thanks for the repies.

Franz Listz' Hungarian Rhapsody #2

I'll check it out.

In which case Metallica's "Memory Remains" would be in D# minor, yes?

Minor, again eh? Now I start to get confused ; ).

Yeah I think your right but I think C#5 would be the main chord used. I pretty sure it start with C# at least.

I also think Metallica's "Unforgiven 2" falls under G# minor.

This does start with G# alright, but I wonder does the theory follow well for minors...

Comment

IamOne is in F#....so i guess that's Amajor if you wanna think of it in the major key

Comment

It sure is - I learned that on the drums too, cool song, thanks.

Comment

Huh?

Look at the key signature at the beginning of the standard notation (real music notation, not tab).

That will ACTUALLY tell you the key of the piece.

For example if it has one # it is in the key of G.
                    Yes, I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjinsan
                      For example if it has one # it is in the key of G.

Assuming that it's in a major key...

Comment

for examples:

Revelation (Mother Earth) by Ozzy/Randy Rhoads is in the key of G (It has 1 sharp...F#)

"Dee" by Ozzy/Randy Rhoads is in the key of D. (It has 2 sharps...F# and C#)

"Crazy Train" by Ozzy/Randy Rhoads is in the key of A (It has 3 sharps...F#, C# and G#)
                        Yes, I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamencology

Assuming that it's in a major key...

Did you read what he posted? Don't ya think we should start with the major keys?
                          Yes, I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjinsan

Did you read what he posted? Don't ya think we should start with the major keys?

Major keys like... F#minor? (Crazy Train intro)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X