Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Do you wear your seat belt?

I do, Mainly because I don't want to die because some drunk **************************** blindsides me while running a red light.

http://www.kingsofthedrink.com/

On the rare occasion I'm in a car, I always wear a seat belt - front or back.

Of course, it is a legal requirement in the UK, (front seats since 1983, IIRC, back sometime in the 90s), but really personal safety is the reason why I'm very happy to obey that law.
    MOTGLHC

"We're the 1% that don't fit in and don't care."

Malcom McLaren 1977

Comment

I do, because I just do.

I think it's utter bull**************** that it's required by law. In the states, one can get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and ticketed.

Bull**************** government.

Comment

Every time. I've seen too many accidents not to.

I also wear a helmet when I ride my bike. Never did when I was a kid but after seeing a friend go head-first into a windsheild (head & shoulders inside the car) I won't ride without it. Helmet saved his life.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Zakko

Why is that bull****************? It saves the gov't a lot of money and resources by keeping people alive than killing them off. It makes good sense. It's the same reason they are so hard on smoking.

Comment

I'm the solitary "never" vote.

But then reading this thread is making me feel guilty, so I think the next time I'm in a car, I'll wear a seatbelt

But not if I'm in the back
            Still the Pres! Ibanez Artcore Owners' Club
            Founder, HC Vegetarian's Society
            The Comprehensive Boss PS-3 Guide
            Indofunk
            my electronica/chillout tracks

Comment

Two of my best friends died (separate accidents) from not wearing theirs. I make sure I wear mine while driving drunk, running red lights and blindsiding innocent drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Cooley
                I make sure I wear mine while driving drunk, running red lights and blindsiding innocent drivers.

Thanks!!! btw, I had a good friend die from not wearing hers also about 10 years ago. Sorry to hear that, man.

Comment

Hell yes!

When you see horrific racing accidents on television and the driver gets out and walks away, why do you think that is? It's because they're belted in tight.

If you're in a car crash, and you aren't wearing your seat belts, you hit the interior of the car at the same speed the car is travelling. Or, worse, you're ejected. Then you die.

Anyone who doesn't wear their seat belts is an idiot.

Comment

I pretty much always do. I also wear a helmet and kneepads. And a water-proof body suit made of vulcanized rubber........so it won't perish.

Comment

Originally posted by Simple Exploding Man
                      I pretty much always do. I also wear a helmet and kneepads. And a water-proof body suit made of vulcanized rubber........so it won't perish.

Sounds like you're all set, then.

Comment

Originally posted by weebz
                        It's the same reason they are so hard on smoking.
                        Political Action Committees

Comment

Originally posted by weebz

Sounds like you're all set, then.

I come prepared.

Comment

I do, because I just do.

I think it's utter bull**************** that it's required by law. In the states, one can get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt and ticketed.

I'm not sure where you live, but in Virginia they can't pull you over for not wearing one. They can site you if they pull you over for another reason. They tried to change that last year , but failed.
                            Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

Those guitars are uglier than Rosie O'Donnells ass-crack and the amp is like this forum, too many knobs.

Comment

Political Action Committees

Imagine the US as a huge corporation (which it pretty much is). Doesn't it make sense to keep your employees healthy and employable? And keep them from sucking money from you through benefits (in the US's case these would be welfare, Medicaid, etc). It's good buisness sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X