Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for set lists? (Bon Jovi)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How's this for set lists? (Bon Jovi)

    My Bon Jovi tribute,Crush , will be playing these sets friday night. Any Bon Jovi fans out there? What do you think?

    1st Set
    Bounce
    Everyday
    Raise Your Hands
    In And Out Of Love
    One Wild Night
    Bed Of Roses
    Just Older
    Hey God
    Lay Your Hands On Me
    If I Was Your Mother
    Always
    Blood On Blood
    Keep The Faith
    She Don't Know Me
    Runaway

    2nd Set
    Livin On A Prayer
    You Give Love A Bad Name
    Born To Be My Baby
    I'll Be There For You
    Have A Nice Day
    Never Say Goodbye
    I'd Die For You
    Sleep When I'm Dead
    In These Arms
    Blaze Of Glory
    Misunderstood
    Wanted Dead Or Alive
    Bad Medicine
    It's My Life
    ------
    http://www.bon-jersey.com
    http://www.richardantonelli.com
    http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

  • #2
    I'm not much of a Bon Jovi fan, but that looks like a damn good setlist as far as the location of the songs. Good openers, good closers, all that crap.
    http://www.kingsofthedrink.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      That oughta do the trick.
      "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

      Comment


      • #4
        love it!!! damn, i wish i was in this band...
        Check out my website and download my cd, Carousel @:
        www.johnmendozamusic.com
        www.myspace.com/johnmendozamusic

        My Gear:
        PRS Custom 22 PURPLE
        PRS Custom 22 Vintage Yellow
        Peavey Wolfgang
        EB MM Morse y2k in PURPLE!!!!!
        Gibson LP Standard
        Ibanez Jem 7EAFX
        Fender Lonestar Strat
        Taylor 314CE
        EVH 5150 III MINI

        XT Brotherhood

        Buy my first CD
        http://cdbaby.com/cd/johnmendoza

        Comment


        • #5
          Love it....

          The only songs I'd add would be "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" and "Homebound Train".

          When I sing with bands, we do "Keep the Faith", "It's My Life", and "Runaway". It's so funny how the girls all flip out when I hit the fallsetto at the end of Runaway.... and the guys ask me if my balls are okay.
          Baimun's big Pickup Clearance on Ebay

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SkyhighRocks
            My Bon Jovi tribute,Crush , will be playing these sets friday night. Any Bon Jovi fans out there? What do you think?

            1st Set
            Bounce
            Everyday
            Raise Your Hands
            In And Out Of Love
            One Wild Night
            Bed Of Roses
            Just Older
            Hey God
            Lay Your Hands On Me
            If I Was Your Mother
            Always
            Blood On Blood
            Keep The Faith
            She Don't Know Me
            Runaway

            2nd Set
            Livin On A Prayer
            You Give Love A Bad Name
            Born To Be My Baby
            I'll Be There For You
            Have A Nice Day
            Never Say Goodbye
            I'd Die For You
            Sleep When I'm Dead
            In These Arms
            Blaze Of Glory
            Misunderstood
            Wanted Dead Or Alive
            Bad Medicine
            It's My Life


            These lists seem perfect to us.
            That which gives light must endure burning. - Viktor Frankel

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baimun
              Love it....

              The only songs I'd add would be "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" and "Homebound Train".

              When I sing with bands, we do "Keep the Faith", "It's My Life", and "Runaway". It's so funny how the girls all flip out when I hit the fallsetto at the end of Runaway.... and the guys ask me if my balls are okay.
              I'd add 'Someday I'll Be Saturday Night', 'Something To Believe In', 'While My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms', 'Damned' and their version of 'Rockin' In The Free World'. I've never been a fan of 'Everyday', 'She Don't Know Me' or 'One Wild Night'. Nice pick with 'Just Older', though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
                I'd add 'Someday I'll Be Saturday Night', 'Something To Believe In', 'While My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms', 'Damned' and their version of 'Rockin' In The Free World'. I've never been a fan of 'Everyday', 'She Don't Know Me' or 'One Wild Night'. Nice pick with 'Just Older', though.


                The problems with most of those songs you mentioned is that not many people other than diehards know them.
                ------
                http://www.bon-jersey.com
                http://www.richardantonelli.com
                http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  She Don't Know is a great classic callback.
                  Baimun's big Pickup Clearance on Ebay

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I dug Bon Jovi back in the day. If I was in a Jovi tribute band, I think I'd work up "Edge of a Broken Heart" which was on the Japanese release of Slippery. I've always liked that one. Obscure yes, but cool.
                    Not the man...just a fan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd move You Give Love A Bad Name to the encore after It's My Life. The crowd would love it.
                      LOYAL BUCKETBOT
                      MEMBER OF THE MAZI BEE MILITIA
                      SUPPORTER OF THE ZAPPA MILITIA
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Gear:
                      Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollowbody
                      Ibanez RG
                      Fender Princeton Reverb II
                      Boss MG-10 Multi-effects
                      Fruity Loops
                      Kazoo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kirkvanhendrix
                        I'd move You Give Love A Bad Name to the encore after It's My Life. The crowd would love it.


                        +1 Gotta encore with something like that.

                        I'd also concur about the Someday I'd Be Saturday Night. Even those not-so-die-hard fans who bought Crossroads when it came out will be familiar with that one.
                        Originally Posted by hammergjh


                        I will appoint you my official "get me some ********************" gopher.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kirkvanhendrix
                          I'd move You Give Love A Bad Name to the encore after It's My Life. The crowd would love it.


                          Good call but we're trying to keep it similar to a real Jovi set list...we have something worked out with Prayer and Bad Name that go into each other.
                          ------
                          http://www.bon-jersey.com
                          http://www.richardantonelli.com
                          http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SkyhighRocks
                            My Bon Jovi tribute,Crush , will be playing these sets friday night. Any Bon Jovi fans out there? What do you think?

                            1st Set
                            Bounce
                            Everyday
                            Raise Your Hands
                            In And Out Of Love
                            One Wild Night
                            Bed Of Roses
                            Just Older
                            Hey God
                            Lay Your Hands On Me
                            If I Was Your Mother
                            Always
                            Blood On Blood
                            Keep The Faith
                            She Don't Know Me
                            Runaway

                            2nd Set
                            Livin On A Prayer
                            You Give Love A Bad Name
                            Born To Be My Baby
                            I'll Be There For You
                            Have A Nice Day
                            Never Say Goodbye
                            I'd Die For You
                            Sleep When I'm Dead
                            In These Arms
                            Blaze Of Glory
                            Misunderstood
                            Wanted Dead Or Alive
                            Bad Medicine
                            It's My Life

                            You guys certainly put together a good list.
                            As a longtime fan of the band, it's nice to see y'all hit some of the early stuff.
                            Their first four records are fantastic.
                            I realize y'all want to cover some of the later material. But IMO, it just isn't that good.
                            I'd trash 'Bounce', 'Everyday', 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead', 'If I was Your Mother', & 'Misunderstood'.
                            Replace 'Bouce' with 'Tokyo Road'. The first time I saw them, they opened with it. That song & Richie's solo kills.
                            'Let it Rock' seems like it would be a better opener to the 2nd set than 'Living on a Prayer'. It rocks more. Just move 'Prayer' down the list.
                            Others that I think would be cool to hear instead of those I mentioned are 'Get Ready', 'I Believe', 'Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, 'Ballad of Youth', or 'Stranger in this Town'. Richie's solo records are phenominal.
                            Good luck. You guys are gonna kick ass.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks good, I'd only trash "If I Was Your Mother" and replace it with Someday I'll Be Saturday Night.
                              Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

                              Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!







                              Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey


                              I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X