Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Mountain bikers - need advice for buying bike for wife!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tag
    Thanks to all of you guys for the great advice...went down to the bike shop and checked out a few different models. Ended up ordering one of these:

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1033603&f=19

It was a little out of the price range, but the disc brakes, better gearing/components, and the sharp color (black/chrome with pink trim) won me over. She is going to love it.

Congrats, she will certainly love it.

I am so excited to see all the cyclist around here. People are always mentioning forumites should get together for a jam but I am starting to think we could have one heck of a group ride.

I was just thinking the other day how similar some of the discussions here are to some I have seen on cycling forums. Gear addiction is gear addiction I guess. Especially upgrade-itis.
    MIM Fender Squier Series Tele
    G&L Tribute Legacy HB
    Peavey Classic 30

Comment

You have chosen wisely. The XT build alone will outlast most other considerations, smooth and hardy. Disc brakes a definite plus - inspires confidence.

Plus it's my favorite color.
      A fool can toss a stone into a pond which a thousand wise men cannot retrieve...

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Comment

Heh, thanks for the feedback fellas...

The XT was a big selling point to me. The guys at the shop told me it's in a whole other league then the parts on the Trek below the 6500.

Yeah, I'm going to give it to her tomorrow. I'm psyched, she has no idea...
        Good Deal Mojo: marder explorer, gregovertone, natasmi, killthelights, FeistyPirahnas, tolstoy, emmerwood, Terry Allan Hall, GW348, kccheers

Comment

Working...
        X