No announcement yet.

Old Clapton Video (Cream era) with his SG

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Clapton Video (Cream era) with his SG

Probably been posted before but I thought I'd pass it along.

Clapton with Fool SG

Cool clip, man. Thanks.

I'm amazed he's not more deaf than he is now. Was it just me, or did he seem to be incredibly loud? Quality.

I want a ****************ing SG now, even though i know i don't really like them. Balls.
    "Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974!"

Recent good shiz with - HeartfeltDawn, ChuckNorris1982, arcaneaether, tom92, Alex_K, woolyh, eerock, magnum pi, mr_cheef, gjhardwick, natepink

Comment

I remember seeing that clip years ago. That was the pinnacle of Clapton, IMO. He squeezes so much feel into every note. Clapton is the only player who blows me away by playing slow

Comment

He gets amazing tone out of that guitar.

Awesome!
        Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
        Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Noodles
          I remember seeing that clip years ago. That was the pinnacle of Clapton, IMO. He squeezes so much feel into every note. Clapton is the only player who blows me away by playing slow

what about gilmour?

Comment

I guess I should chime in and say Clapton is great

and I'm just NOW starting to enjoy his strat tone
            MY GUITARS

Comment

did anyone else chuckle when he turns his wha on? Looked like he was trying to put it through the floor.

Comment

That's an extra on Cream's farewell concert video. I have it on VHS somewhere around here.
                Reality is the original Rorschach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Noodles

George Harrison is like that too

I would just like to say that Clapton is god and Cream is the greatest band in the world.

Comment

Good to see somebody agrees with me - Clapton is a God! Lotsa young dudes claim he's overrated, and one dude in these forums called him a "hack"... he was "slowhand" but he said something with his leads - something these young "shredders" need to learn - speed isn't everything - a "lead" should speak to the soul. Just being fast is crap without "soul" and "heart".
                    I tell them young boys all the time "There's 2 things you really need to be a "bluesman" - Percodan and Whiskey"

Comment

Originally posted by strangedogs
                      Good to see somebody agrees with me - Clapton is a God! Lotsa young dudes claim he's overrated, and one dude in these forums called him a "hack"... he was "slowhand" but he said something with his leads - something these young "shredders" need to learn - speed isn't everything - a "lead" should speak to the soul. Just being fast is crap without "soul" and "heart".

Lot's of people don't like him because they think that the only songs he ever recorded were 'Layla' and 'Wonderful Tonight'.

When he strayed from his blues roots he became a little lame, but the music he made with the Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers, Cream, and Blind Faith is some of the best ****************ing music ever. After seeing the Cream reunion concert I am sure that he's still 'got it'.

He has the best vibrato of all time too.

Comment

Originally posted by strangedogs
                        he was "slowhand" but he said something with his leads -

FYI, I believe the slowhand thing came about because he used to change broken strings on stange and when this happened the crowd use to go into a slow clap. (but hell, that might be total internet bull****************, but its been throw around here alot. )

Comment

Originally posted by BootRoots

FYI, I believe the slowhand thing came about because he used to change broken strings on stange and when this happened the crowd use to go into a slow clap. (but hell, that might be total internet bull****************, but its been throw around here alot. )

That's true. Well, from what i've read, and from what he's said.

As for his non-blues 80's lameness... like, WW2, the sinking of the Titanic and every other bad event in the history or the world, ever, it's all Phil Collins' fault. The bastard.
                          "Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974!"

Recent good shiz with - HeartfeltDawn, ChuckNorris1982, arcaneaether, tom92, Alex_K, woolyh, eerock, magnum pi, mr_cheef, gjhardwick, natepink

Comment

They don't say Clapton-Is-God for nothing..

Thanks for the clip
                            Spread The Word!

Comment

Originally posted by BootRoots
                              did anyone else chuckle when he turns his wha on? Looked like he was trying to put it through the floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X