Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

so im listening to the entire new TOOL album right now...it leaked. *kinda spoiler*

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so im listening to the entire new TOOL album right now...it leaked. *kinda spoiler*

the danny C's drumming is ****************in amazing

adam jones really has alot more intricant lines and riffs

the bass is tremendous,

maynard's voice is incredible, but very hard to understand, they are almost quiet.

overall the cd is solid...

buttttttt...its a rather mellow tool cd...It has an APC vibe written ALL OVER IT. The CD is almost pure Pink Floydish...man, if I smoked weed, this would be an incredible CD to smoke and listen too...
    ----------
    Vicarious - very solid song, i love it

Jambi - solid...interesting talk box use by jones

Wings for Marie (part 1) - interesting panning tremolo effect

10 000 days (wings of marie part 2) - picks up right were part 1 left off...LIGHTNING AND THUNDER effects! hehehe

The Pot - WOW...is this seriously Maynard singing?? WTF? Yes, the song is about the name of the song.

Lipan Conjuring - some ethnic chanting

Lost Keys - Wierd interlude type thing into Rosetta Stoned, people talkin about a doctor and patient? u can pass on this one

Rosetta Stoned - WIERD LYRICS...the lyrics are like machine gun like in the beginning...cant really make out what maynard is saying...probably the most "old school" sounding song on the album

Intention - most mellow song on the CD...kinda made me snore.

Right In Two - Bad ass drumming. Good song.

Viginiti Tres - ohhh...wtf...its like 5 mins of bunch of sound effects?? end your album like that???????
    ----

My Guitars-
    http://www.geocities.com/youareyo/guitar.htm

Sorry my martin acoustic isnt posted on there yet!

Originally posted by jkusch82

overall the cd is solid...

buttttttt...its a rather mellow tool cd...It has an APC vibe written ALL OVER IT. The CD is almost pure Pink Floydish...man, if I smoked weed, this would be an incredible CD to smoke and listen too...

wow a tool album i may actually want to listen to
    Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy

On average woodchucks weigh 4.5 - 9 lbs. I weigh 160 lbs and when I just started, I could maybe drink 7 beers and be pretty drunk. Chugging, will get you drunk faster so I'm saying I could have chugged 5 beers. Using the beer to weight relationships that have been taught to me in drivers education, we derive the equation 160/9 = 5/x. Solving for X we can estimate that if a woodchuck could chug bud, he'd be able to chug .28 Buds before passing out and getting drawn on by fellow woodchucks.

Comment

The moral of the story is that none of us knows anything.

I left her in the sand,
      just a burden in my hand...

Comment

alot of just boring nothing tracks...there are about 4....

smoke weed and you'll really like it.

i dooo like it though...its just...not at all what I was expecting....i wanted it to be more heavy
        ----

My Guitars-
        http://www.geocities.com/youareyo/guitar.htm

Sorry my martin acoustic isnt posted on there yet!

Comment

Originally posted by jkusch82
          i dooo like it though...its just...not at all what I was expecting....i wanted it to be more heavy

Go figure, it's pretty much just what I expected judging by the reviews and interviews I read.

Wings for Marie pt. 1 & 2 are two of my favorite Tool songs.

Comment

Just finished downloading. First listen coming.
            XT Brotherhood

Comment

I was initially disappointed, because it's the first Tool album I can say doesn't have its own sound. It seems like a hybrid of their previous four albums. But I'm going through it again, and listening to different tracks, and I'm liking it more and more. Lateralus is just too hard of an album to top. I just have to remember it usually takes more than one listen to like a Tool album.

Comment

Oh yeah, by the way....Rosetta Stoned rocks just about as hard as any Tool song I've heard.

Comment

so far
                  "You are the music while the music lasts." - T. S. Eliot

SPAM References

Comment

I like it so far...but it doesn't sound as interesting as Lateralus imo. A lot of chugga chugga...
                    Fender Jazzmaster Classic Player Series
                    Godin Exit-22
                    Red Bear MK60
                    Red Bear 4x12
                    HCAF Red*Bear Clique

Comment

Originally posted by sixthsense
                      A lot of chugga chugga...

That was my first impression. Even though Tool has always used some chug this album is stock full of it.

IMO Tool's worst album by far. There are a few decent moments but the entire "Wings of Marie" thing is a snorefest even by Tool standards.
                      - Sean.

Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine

That was my first impression. Even though Tool has always used some chug this album is stock full of it.

IMO Tool's worst album by far. There are a few decent moments but the entire "Wings of Marie" thing is a snorefest even by Tool standards.

oh god there's a riff on Vicarious in which I thought sounded exactly like a Godsmack song...I was goin to smack myself...but Danny C's drumming saved that part.
                        Fender Jazzmaster Classic Player Series
                        Godin Exit-22
                        Red Bear MK60
                        Red Bear 4x12
                        HCAF Red*Bear Clique

Comment

Wasn't impressed; their worst album.
                          Amps
                          Fender Bassman
                          Marshall JCM 800 1959
                          Marshall Jubilee 2550
                          Marshall JMP-1
                          Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+
                          Sound City 120
                          Roland JC-120H

Comment

I like it a lot, I'd like it more though if we hadnt had to wait 5 years for it.

Lost keys and Rosetta stoned sound like they're supposed to be together.

Whale sounds, doctors talking about a Patient who seems to be in a state of shock, doctor says "talk to me", build up, WHAM in comes Rosetta Stoned and the weird stream of conciousness babble.

10,000 days has some beautiful lyrics considering what its about. It seems to be about his mother who was paralysed for 27 years (approx 10,000 days) before she died.

Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home

You're the only one who can hold their head up high shake their fist at the gates and say "I have come home now. Fetch me the child and the ghost and the father, tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. Its time now, my time now, give me my wings."
                            http://soundcloud.com/hugespiders

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sagat
                              I was initially disappointed
                              I just have to remember it usually takes more than one listen to like a Tool album.

Very true.

I had the same experience with Undertow, Opiate, and Lateralus, but I love them all. In fact, I think Lateralus is their best - each one better than the one before.

Comment

Working...
                              X