Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you resent guys who just strum cowboy chords with their acoustic guitars?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you resent guys who just strum cowboy chords with their acoustic guitars?

You know, the guy at every college party who knows the basic major and minor chords, and has all the girls swooning all over him while he strums Greenday.
    Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate

RUDE is exactly what we're going for. I'm talking "get her high on acid and tell her that her mom died" type of rude.

€piphone €mpire

-I mean, you're talking electric guitar. What have you got? You got a guitar, you've got your own ****************************, and you've got an amplifier. Somehow these three things have to come to be where you want 'em all to be at once. -Keef

Originally posted by RoboCop00
    and has all the girls swooning all over him

key phrase right there
    The new kid friendly mother approved LR

Comment

that only happens on the real world
      GIMMAGE Avatar Generator
      Domain Parking Script
      MyGathering.Info Article Reader
      Tech Outfitters Tech for travel
      Apphile App store search
      The Art World of Loren MacIver
      Postpainting Online Art Site
      Apple Mac OSX iPad iPhone iPod Touch News & Info
      also..
      Twitter College
      ANIMAL FIGHT
      Commodore Magazine

Comment

Every party I've been to it's guranteed there'll be a guy strumming a popular pop song who knows nothing about guitar except for what he needs to play those songs.

I'm not resentful, though. That's his perogative. Plus, it really does get chicks (at least attention).
        Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate

RUDE is exactly what we're going for. I'm talking "get her high on acid and tell her that her mom died" type of rude.

€piphone €mpire

-I mean, you're talking electric guitar. What have you got? You got a guitar, you've got your own ****************************, and you've got an amplifier. Somehow these three things have to come to be where you want 'em all to be at once. -Keef

Comment

Those chicks are being polite - show him up with some acoustic Anal ****************. Be the ALPHA MALE

Comment

You know, the guy at every college party who knows the basic major and minor chords, and has all the girls swooning all over him while he strums Greenday.
            No,of course not. But it really pains me to see the canpfire strum on a Les Paul!
            tlbonehead@yahoo.com
            www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
            -For Sale:
            -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
            -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
            - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
            - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
            - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by onbongos
              that only happens on the real world

is that avatar from the Stinkfist video?
              HCGJ Quitters Militia

Originally posted by Bionic Muffins

high /thigh/
              --------^--(rada)

Originally posted by Poparad
              I'm already on a terrorist watch list for the chord voicings I play.

My stuff: www.myspace.com/robinsoundworks

Comment

Smash the guitar over his face
                Bouquet of clumsy words

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

**************** you and Jason Mraz.

Comment

Every party I've been to it's guranteed there'll be a guy strumming a popular pop song who knows nothing about guitar except for what he needs to play those songs.

I'm not resentful, though. That's his perogative. Plus, it really does get chicks (at least attention).

most folk in those situations wouldn't know the difference between mindless strumming and guitar playing
                  Registered Loser

noobile and willing

Comment

Every party I've been to it's guranteed there'll be a guy strumming a popular pop song who knows nothing about guitar except for what he needs to play those songs

hey... I don't suck that bad...
                    Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy

On average woodchucks weigh 4.5 - 9 lbs. I weigh 160 lbs and when I just started, I could maybe drink 7 beers and be pretty drunk. Chugging, will get you drunk faster so I'm saying I could have chugged 5 beers. Using the beer to weight relationships that have been taught to me in drivers education, we derive the equation 160/9 = 5/x. Solving for X we can estimate that if a woodchuck could chug bud, he'd be able to chug .28 Buds before passing out and getting drawn on by fellow woodchucks.

Comment

Not at all. I've come to realize that that's just as vital a skill as any other if not moreso. Good guitar playing starts with solid, basic rhythm playing. I always begin every practice session with reviewing all of the open chords.
                      I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

Funny thing is, a lot of the time those guys are pretty damn good.
                        So I'll take two of what you're having
                        I'll take all of what you've got
                        To kill this goddamn lonely, goddamn lonely love.

Comment

That's how I got my start playing in rock bands. Some kids came up to me at a party and asked if I had an electric. The rest is history.

One thing that I discovered was that as much as girls like a guy with an acoustic guitar, they like the guy with an electric guitar who sings in the band even better. Yep
                          HCGB Trooper #24

Comment

I make the fire but I miss the firefight.

METALMILITIA

All that stuff is evil: Ozzy, Judas Priest. There's backwards messages in that stuff that leads you to the Beast.

Comment

I don't understand the hatred of open chords around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X