Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush vetos surrender bill

I approve. If we leave, we leave, but cutting the money will cost us many lives. The dems will trade those lives for votes. Dems have wasted so much of our money putting together a worthless bill. And I'm supposed to be a Democrat.

Anyway, good job, GW. Way to stick to our guns.

You're joking right?
    -- Jeff
    Beware of counterfeit Shure SM57s

Comment

"KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

I can see you're not joking. Ok smart guy. If this is a surrender bill, what constitutes "winning?" Serious answers only please.
        -- Jeff

Comment

I have a friend who works for one of the biggest defense contractors. His 401k has gone through the roof since W took us on this magical journey into Iraq.

So for him, winning = us being in a perpetual state of war.

Comment

I have a friend who works for one of the biggest defense contractors. His 401k has gone through the roof since W took us on this magical journey into Iraq.

So for him, winning = us being in a perpetual state of war.

Ding ding ding! We have a winnah!
            -- Jeff

Comment

My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

I still don't know why Bush went into Iraq. Disarmament of Saddam, a democratic process... those have been accomplished. As it stands now, the troops are in the crossfire of a civil war. Why keep them in there?

The troops have done a hell of a job and should be commended for their bravery, but keeping them there with only an abstract notion or a bumper sticker phrase as the official strategy is just wrong. When Bush explains, in explicit detail, what is left to accomplish he can justify his veto. But nobody in his administration has said anything but "stay the course" or "democrats are cowards". That's appallingly insufficient.
                Guitar > Cable > Amp

Comment

Ding ding ding! We have a winnah!

Uh, no we don't... I work for a big defense contractor and there's no way in hell I'd bet my 401k farm on company stock!

Mine is doing just fine being nicely diversified (uhh... the Dow going ballistic helps the 401K's a lot more than defense stocks...)
                  "KA-BONGGGGG!!!"

- El Kabong

Comment

I can answer the "What constitutes winning question!"

Iraq being able to defend and govern itself as a Democracy. I still think that it is possible. We want Iraq to do well...for that would have a dominoe effect in the entire region. Look at the rich Muslim nations like Kuwait, Jordan and the AE...do we see burning effigees of Bush there? Do we see people praising God everytime a Jew or an American dies? No...they have BETTER things to think about. Working some OT to get wifey that pearl necklace (mind out of the gutter you!) Saving for retirement...Trying to get your son on the soccer team...etc.
                    Yes, I hate you.

Comment

It was 4 years ago today, Georgie-boy landed on that aircraft carrier in his flight suit to proclaim "mission accomplished".

Comment

they have installed a democratically elected government ( who is now on a two month vacation ) the rest is up to the Iraq armed forces. The us is basically being the mommy figure to the iraq army by staying there, they need to fight the insurgencies by themselves to gain valuable experience. that is all.
                        "Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein.

Comment

I ****************in love it that I don't live in America.
                          Get lost in the sauce: http://www.reverbnation.com/drdicktreesmedicinecabinet )

You're never gonna get ahead giving head to the man

Comment

I ****************in love it that I don't live in America.

Thanks.

Me too.

I have a feeling that if you did move here...our country would decay so rapidly that within 4 months Mexico would have an illegal immigrant problem.
                            Yes, I hate you.

Comment

I can answer the "What constitutes winning question!"

Iraq being able to defend and govern itself as a Democracy. .

What happens when Iraq democratically votes itself a Hard-line shiite leader who declares allegiance to Iran? Oh wait, we can't leave because that might happen. We have to keep Iraq a client-state at all costs... I think I see where this is going.

And the winners are truly the war-profiteers and the oil companies. Just in the last month I've paid the highest prices for gas that I have ever seen in my life.

Thanks Dumbya.
                              -- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X