No announcement yet.

Question about tuners on a Telecaster

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tuners on a Telecaster

I have a Classic 50s Telecaster and I really don't like the vintage slotted tuners. Is there a direct replacement available that I could slip right in without having to drill more holes in the headstock? I don't necessarily want locking tuners--I just don't want the slotted tuners and prefer the regular tuning poles with just a hole through them.

I'm looking at these (see link below), but I'm not sure if they will fit. Are all "vintage" style Fender tuners the same size?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Gotoh_Locking_Vintage_Oval_Knob_Tuners.html
    www.myspace.com/sleazeburger

That's a good question. I've got a Nashville Deluxe Tele with the vintage tuners, and I definitely don't like them. I was pondering getting a set of Fender standard tuners off ebay and seeing if I could put those in. But a direct replacement without drilling would be nice.
    My MYSPACE Page

My Soundclick Page

My YouTube Stuff

Comment

I almost changed the tuners on my 50's tele to locking ones and was told by my tech he'd have to drill for bigger holes.

Comment

I like the vintage tuners on my strat..what don't you like about them ?
        HCGB trooper #187
        A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

Comment

Making the holes bigger isn't really that big a deal if you've got a drill and don't get impatient, just pray they fit and make do if they don't (my mantra)
          All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it. - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
          X