Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modest Mouse used to REALLY kick ass...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Modest Mouse. I'm starting to warm up to We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, I didn't really like at first but after a few listenings its very good. It still can't touch theyre older stuff, but that was just amazing.

Comment

Modest Mouse used to REALLY kick ass...

Then along came Johnny Marr...

OGG

Comment

Then along came Johnny Marr...

OGG

Booyah.

Johnny Marr + James Mercer + Jeremiah Green back on teh DRUMZ = INSTANT CLASSIC ALBUM!!!!!
        phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

As much as I like Marr, I don't think he's done anything to improve them as a group.
          Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

"their name derives from a passage from the Virginia Woolf story "The Mark on the Wall" which reads "...and very frequent even in the minds of modest, mouse-coloured people" -wikipedia .

i'm pretty sure it's talking about death being frequent. i can't recall.

Their latest album is their best album since The Lonesome Crowded west.

which is one of the most perfect albums ever made.

I'm gonna have to disagree Phred. Moon and Antartica FTW.

Comment

I saw modest mouse on ACL.......

They did not play like people who knew how to play their instruments.....

The songs I've heard of theirs on the radio were good, however. I'm not real familiar with them outside of this.....
              HCGB #289
              God FAQ

http://www.soundclick.com/g33k

Comment

I graciously accept to live in parrallel universes with you, because of your awesomeness. . in your universe... indeed, it is better. in mine, (the real one..), we all know the truth.

i'm glad we had this discussion.

how is the weather in Yerbouti-Earth?
                phreds space

Comment

I actually dig the new album quite a bit.
                  ~Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                  - Benjamin Franklin

~Where we're going we don't need F major 7's.
                  - alwaysharp

http://www.myspace.com/ronaldbraygan

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbrayguitar

Comment

I graciously accept to live in parrallel universes with you, because of your awesomeness. . in your universe... indeed, it is better. in mine, (the real one..), we all know the truth.

i'm glad we had this discussion.

how is the weather in Yerbouti-Earth?

I understand. Ignorance is bliss, ya know.

It's way to hot to be January. I hate it. I want to move to Norway with Gopher666.

Comment

I understand. Ignorance is bliss, ya know.

It's way to hot to be January. I hate it. I want to move to Norway with Gopher666.

hmm.. in my universe, norway was invaded by aliens yesterday.

gopher666 is leading the resistance movement with yngtchie as his right hand man.
                      phreds space

Comment

I saw modest mouse on ACL.......

They did not play like people who knew how to play their instruments.....

The songs I've heard of theirs on the radio were good, however. I'm not real familiar with them outside of this.....

I havent seen that one yet, I'll look for it on youtube

Comment

one of my favorite albums of all time.. definitely my fav. modest mouse album..

honestly they are all great.. with the peak being M&A.. the new stuff is aiiiight.. but it just doesnt have that killer sound that they held as a trio.. much more.. "organic"

Comment

So I got The Moon and Antarctica a few days ago and have listened to it a few times now. Great stuff. Which other albums of theirs are worth checking out?
                            I love you, you goober!

Required Reading

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

For some reason I always thought "LOL" meant "lots of luck" and when a friends mother passed away awhile back I responded "LOL" to the email announcing it.

Originally Posted by Rada

gay.

Comment

Moon & Antartica>Lonesome Crowded West>Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About>Fruit Will Eat Itself>Building Something Out of Nothing>Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks>Sad Sappy Sucker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goo d News>We Were Dead

Comment

I think they're fantastic
                                Get lost in the sauce: http://www.reverbnation.com/drdicktreesmedicinecabinet )

You're never gonna get ahead giving head to the man

Comment

Working...
                                X