Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact shred pisses people off is starting to MAKE IT COOL!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha....but you know.....there's a strange logic to all of this....it MIGHT happen!
    http://www.myspace.com/davemcrae

Comment

Hahaha....but you know.....there's a strange logic to all of this....it MIGHT happen!

It's a funny idea. I think shredding probably requires too much actual effort to become cool, though.
      Originally Posted by rusholmeruffian

If hating Glenn Frey is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Originally Posted by Motorik

By saying 'mojo sent' the forumite switches the Christian connotations of 'you're in my prayers' for a different belief paradigm, that of 'mojo': the magical force that compels big-bellied white men to play blues covers while wearing bowling shirts with flames up them, or tribal dragons, or some such ****************.

Comment

It's a funny idea. I think shredding probably requires too much actual effort to become cool, though.

Karate became cool in the 1960's. That takes a lot of effort!

BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!

Comment

I do.

And yeah, I shred, and I wouldn't be doing it if it didn't give me something on an emotional level.

Like a runner's high?

Comment

What if you shred ironically? It doesn't take too much effort just to flail away running scales while fan picking with a squealie or 5 thrown in, acting super-serious about what you're doing. Preferably in the middle of a hair band song with creepy pedophile lyrics. "Motor-innnnn!!!!!"

Michael Angelo's 4-neck X-Wing Fighter guitar already has 56,471 irony points built in.
            Originally Posted by mattburnside

I think all female forumites should be required to pretend they are guys. Otherwise, you get what we have now, which is a bunch of horndogs ranging from old-enough-to-know-better down to too-young-to-buy-her-a-beer chasing after approximately three chicks and making total asses of themselves.

Comment

What if you shred ironically? It doesn't take too much effort just to flail away running scales while fan picking with a squealie or 5 thrown in, acting super-serious about what you're doing. Preferably in the middle of a hair band song with creepy pedophile lyrics. "Motor-innnnn!!!!!"

Michael Angelo's 4-neck X-Wing Fighter guitar already has 56,471 irony points built in.

let's get real folks. I mean REAL!

If you're wearing shoes, you really aren't playing with MAXIMUM EFFORT AND ABILITY!!!

Add another neck or two and fret with your left foot while playing open tuned slide with the other while playing dual harmonies with your hands on seperate necks.

Now, at least you're really giving it your full effort. None of this sitting in a chair playing Bartok bull**************** on some cheap assed nylon string contraption.

Comment

let's get real folks. I mean REAL!

If you're wearing shoes, you really aren't playing with MAXIMUM EFFORT AND ABILITY!!!

Add another neck or two and fret with your left foot while playing open tuned slide with the other while playing dual harmonies with your hands on seperate necks.

Now, at least you're really giving it your full effort. None of this sitting in a chair playing Bartok bull**************** on some cheap assed nylon string contraption.

None of it's going to look serious at all unless you notice a string is a bit flat, and you fine-tune it in mid-solo. Then and only then will you be flooded with a deluge of poon after the show [read: 17-year-olds asking if they can play a few lixx on your guitar before load-out].
                Originally Posted by mattburnside

I think all female forumites should be required to pretend they are guys. Otherwise, you get what we have now, which is a bunch of horndogs ranging from old-enough-to-know-better down to too-young-to-buy-her-a-beer chasing after approximately three chicks and making total asses of themselves.

Comment

Tough to counter that logic.

Comment

That depends ENTIRELY on the reason for the stand-off.

Was the standoff because Yngwie was standing up for his beliefs, or because he was being a drunken idiot? I don't know anything about the situation you refer to, so that's an honest question.

fighting over a donut? oke:
                    LOUD NOISES

Comment

Like a runner's high?

At the risk of taking this thread too seriously, that is a legitimate factor, I think. While I don't generally defend playing fast as an end in itself, it can be pretty fun when you're on. Last weekend I was very warmed up, and I was consistently picking sextuplets at 138 bpm(probably peanuts to some of you, but it was an accomplishent for me). I don't know that other people would want to listen to it, but it's very invigorating when your hands are being that responsive. I had to spend quite some time playing at that speed in case I couldn't do it again later.
                      Originally Posted by rusholmeruffian

If hating Glenn Frey is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Originally Posted by Motorik

By saying 'mojo sent' the forumite switches the Christian connotations of 'you're in my prayers' for a different belief paradigm, that of 'mojo': the magical force that compels big-bellied white men to play blues covers while wearing bowling shirts with flames up them, or tribal dragons, or some such ****************.

Comment

It's the new punk rock. **************** the establishment. **************** sensibilities. EAT THESE NOTES ****************ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Nattily dressed east coast alt rockers turn away in disgust)

Comment

Shred = Riding a Unicycle while juggling with knives

Sure it looks cool, but you get sick of it after a while and it's not something I'd like to do, even if it's hard to get it right.
                          Originally Posted by Scepter

BTW FACK YOU CRAB!!!! You wouldn't know a hot piece of ass if it sat on your face and gave you third degree burns, reatard.

Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

I like V-neck undershirts on guys.

Comment

fighting over a donut? oke:

Pigpen said it was OK!

Originally Posted by mdog114

Boy, you should REALLY go back and slap you're teachers!

Comment

Would you have preferred a few sweep arpeggios?

Have you ever considered, that despite detesting "shred" and all it's forms, you probably know more about shred than 99.99 percent of the population
                              Originally Posted by Ferdinandstrat

And Mr. Grimace, there is nothing that I would be delighted more to do right now then to punch you in the face until it disintegrates.

SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Shred doesn't piss people off.

Being pissed off is an emotional response. Nobody has emotional responses to shred music.

Liar! You just had an emotional response!

Comment

Working...
                                X