Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gun people don't read. We shoot.

Remember, though, "All guns are always loaded," "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire," and "never cover anything with the muzzle you wouldn't be willing to shoot."

Excellent. Three of the four rules. Those will usually get you by OK, but don't forget "be sure of your target, and what is beyond it".

Edit: Oops, should have read the second page, but you still can't point this stuff out too much.

Comment

This is a good pistol to start with:

Ruger Mark II .22LR
      "As the caterpillar chooses the fairest leaves to lay her eggs on, so the priest lays his curse on the fairest joys."
      -William Blake

Comment

Ruger Mark II .22LR

Yeah, it is a nice pistol. I have a blued finish Mark II. They are out of production now, replaced by the Mark III. They can still be had for pretty cheap though.

A .22 is the perfect gun to start with. Ammo is plentiful and cheap.

Comment

If you just want a gun "in case", get a Glock 19. IMO it's the most balanced choice out there for anything but hunting or bullseye. I've had other pistols but I'm down to the 19.

Follow the advice in Phantasm and you'll be fine.
          Originally Posted by televisionary

It means that if AIDS could start a band it would sound like My Chemical Romance.

Comment

two words - Terry Kath
            Originally posted by musicdog400
            Jesus would play in a Jewish Rock Band. The more I think about it the more he might qualify as a rock star. Really into peace and compassion, hanging out with drunks and prostitutes, and occasionally getting mad and turning over tables.

Past productions/Works in progress

Comment

Ruger Mark II .22LR

I have the newer Mark III. You can't go wrong either way, but you can save a little coin if you can find a used Mark II. But good luck. I can't imagine ever selling mine.

Comment

two words - Terry Kath

How dumb is this remark, unless you're trying for "humor."

O/P: "I am looking for a car, any suggestions?"

The Nick: "Two words - Marc Bolan."
                Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

the ironic thing about marc bolan is that he never learned to drive. for fear of dying in a car crash.

he died in a car crash, in the passenger seat.

just wanted to throw that out there.
                  phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

I'd take a gun over a woman any day.

If it was a women you couldn't trade an old 44 for a new 22. You can also put a silencer on a gun. Hell - your freaken gun will even stay with you if you run out of ammo. Also - guns will function normally every day of the month.

I think we are missing the boat here. We need safety training for women...not guns.
                    Originally Posted by Mercer

12pack, you are awesome.

http://www.sweeterunknown.com

Comment

...car wrecks?

I though it was T Rex
                      '52 Tele, '70 Strat, '72 Yamaha FG-230 12-string, Taylor 410, Fender P-Bass, Glaesel cello, violin, banjo, 2 trumpets, 2 Yamaha S-90's, Korg CX-3, Nord Electro 3 73, a coupla Yamaha PSR's, a sh!tload of harmonicas and way, way, way too much gear
                      http://www.joeblowmusic.com/
                      http://www.cadillacdawgs.com/
                      Shouldn't "anal retentive" have a hyphen?

Comment

I'd take a gun over a woman any day.

If it was a women you couldn't trade an old 44 for a new 22. You can also put a silencer on a gun. Hell - your freaken gun will even stay with you if you run out of ammo. Also - guns will function normally every day of the month.

I think we are missing the boat here. We need safety training for women...not guns.

...be careful where you point a loaded one, bro
                        '52 Tele, '70 Strat, '72 Yamaha FG-230 12-string, Taylor 410, Fender P-Bass, Glaesel cello, violin, banjo, 2 trumpets, 2 Yamaha S-90's, Korg CX-3, Nord Electro 3 73, a coupla Yamaha PSR's, a sh!tload of harmonicas and way, way, way too much gear
                        http://www.joeblowmusic.com/
                        http://www.cadillacdawgs.com/
                        Shouldn't "anal retentive" have a hyphen?

Comment

I don't understand the "all guns are always loaded rule". Isn't that dangerous? I mean guns don't just go off, but isn't that stupid especially if you have kids in the house (not that you'd tell them where and how to get your guns anyway). Or does it have something to do with gun maintenance? Just curiosity here. I support the 2nd amendment to an extent.
                          http://www.quincymumford.com/

You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
                          -Frank Zappa

Originally Posted by Devil is Dill

Weebz is the chorus in the Greek tragedy that is Guitar Jam.

Comment

I don't understand the "all guns are always loaded rule". Isn't that dangerous? I mean guns don't just go off, but isn't that stupid especially if you have kids in the house (not that you'd tell them where and how to get your guns anyway). Or does it have something to do with gun maintenance? Just curiosity here. I support the 2nd amendment to an extent.

This doesn't mean that you leave all your guns loaded. It means that you treat them as if they are loaded, whether they are actually loaded or not. Following this rule, or the one about not pointing the muzzle at anything you aren't willing to destroy, would have prevented the unfortunate death of Terry Kath alluded to earlier in the thread.
                            "As the caterpillar chooses the fairest leaves to lay her eggs on, so the priest lays his curse on the fairest joys."
                            -William Blake

Comment

no. it's 'assume all guns are loaded'

not 'keep all guns loaded'.

kinda like you should always imagine a snake in your bed before going to sleep. just in case one day, there is one.
                              phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

No one was ever accidentally shot with a loaded gun. These things always end with "Oh ****************! I didn't know it was loaded!" So, it's always loaded. Always. Don't point it at your own head, your buddy's gut - the ****************ing thing is loaded. Even when it isn't, it is.
                                Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

Working...
                                X