Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun advice for noob

Hey guys. I'm posting here cause I know there is some 2nd amendment love here. I have no experience with guns and was hoping that you guys had some books for beginners that were worth reading before someone starts down the road of gun ownership. Thanks a lot, bros

enroll yourself in a gun safety course.

Comment

We gun people don't read. We shoot.

Remember, though, "All guns are always loaded," "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire," and "never cover anything with the muzzle you wouldn't be willing to shoot."
      Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

Sawn off.

Cheap, intimidating, good killing power , easy to conceal.
        Fast, clean and cheap.

Comment

Sawn off.

Cheap, intimidating, good killing power , easy to conceal.

AND..... slutty chicks dig 'em!

Comment

don't point it at yourself.

you'll be fine other than that.
            phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

point it at yourself.

you'll be fine after that.

fixed
              If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

fixed

if people didn't have guns, how would we hunt deer?

the deer would hunt us, and it would be A MAD MAD MAD world

think about it. next time you see their beady little eyes staring at you with bloodthirsty hatred while grazing next to the road.
                phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

Take a class. Take another class. Shoot. A lot.

My boss actually has a book pertaining to the gun related laws in California, I don't know where you are, but that might be worth looking at.

Comment

My boss actually has a book pertaining to the gun related laws in California, I don't know where you are, but that might be worth looking at.

Bet that is one fat book.

OK, how about "Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper.
                    Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

We gun people don't read. We shoot.

Remember, though, "All guns are always loaded," "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire," and "never cover anything with the muzzle you wouldn't be willing to shoot."

and "Always be sure of your target and what lies beyond.
                      "As the caterpillar chooses the fairest leaves to lay her eggs on, so the priest lays his curse on the fairest joys."
                      -William Blake

Comment

Take a safety class. This is mandatory IMHO.

Comment

Bet that is one fat book.

OK, how about "Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper.

It doesn't actually look that bad. I should probably borrow it one of these days. It's more of a "self-protection without landing in the slammer" type thing I'm thinking

Comment

Yeah classes are good.

To O/P - what's the basis of your interest? Self-defense? Hunting? Plinking? Are you interested in handguns? Long arms?

Comment

enroll yourself in a gun safety course.

Outstanding point. Another one I will pass on, is dont fall victim to the 45 caliber mentality. It takes a good deal of practice to become capable with a handgun. Before you start thinking about personal protection , think about spending the time at the range learning to shoot. A 22 caliber pistol is a great training tool. Cheap ammo, tons of fun, and a gun that will be a keeper for a lifetime.

When you do get to the point where you are ready to get a CCW permit .... you will have had put enough rounds down range , had enough training ,, and know enough shooters that you will be much better informed on whats best for you in the way of a personal protection weapon.

Shooting is a great sport..... its like bowling without the big ball lol. rat

Comment

Working...
                              X