Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

First rehearsal with new band today (pics :P)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rehearsal with new band today (pics :P)

Just the three of us. Drums, bass, and me on guitar/vocals. I've known these guys for years and I really like them, which is a big plus for me - to be in a band with people I really enjoy spending time with, and they're both excellent players. The bass player is actually a guitar player (yeah, I know) who I asked to play bass. Maybe just until I find another one. The drummer is a good friend of mine with whom I've already played in a band with a few years ago, only back then, I played drums and he played guitar. He's a super cool dude and does a lot of vocals while drumming, too. We just, kinda, clicked together and it worked out the first few minutes.

We did some SRV, Buddy Guy, some cool improvised funk-rock-blues jams, one of my tunes, some Croatian hard rock stuff, etc.

I was especially pleased with the vocal harmonies we did.

All things considered, good jammin'!

The next step is getting a keyboard player, which has already been taken care of.

So, there's some pics from rehearsal on my MySpace page, but for those of you who aren't MySpace whores like myself, here's a few.

The band. Me, drummer, bass player.

Myself.

There's a bug on my mike.

BTW I played my American HSS Strat with a Boss SD-1 plugged into a Marshall Super Lead. The tone was kick-ass. I was very very pleased with it, and that doesn't happen often.

Comments are welcome.
    Originally Posted by Tatanka

OK, so we can safely conclude, looking at the requested pic, that Mr. Bluesman is a God among men.

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

You are so ****************ing annoying I seriously should put you on ignore.

I'd like to be there when your house of jazz cards comes crashing down on you one of these days.

You give jazz and it's practicioners a bad name in the same way Richie Sambora gives love a bad name.

Originally Posted by Tony_Manero

Jazz guitar sounds like the way old people smell.

sounds sweet. i hope you guys have lots of fun and enjoy rawkin' out
    phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

Thanks, man!

OK, so we can safely conclude, looking at the requested pic, that Mr. Bluesman is a God among men.

I'd like to be there when your house of jazz cards comes crashing down on you one of these days.

You give jazz and it's practicioners a bad name in the same way Richie Sambora gives love a bad name.

Comment

nice rig and boots!
        '91 ampeg vl-502 w/ JJ's, Marshall 4-12 (#1982)beat to hell, '94 epi les paul goldtop w/ '57 classic bridge pu, 5150 bias modded, jackson 4-12, Fender blackout telecaster w/ WB bridge pu and SD '59 neck pu, more pedals!
        http://myspace.com/subjectus
        http://myspace.com/acceleratesacramento
        member "Epiphone Empire"

Comment

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the space and the rig and everything is not mine (ours). This guy owns two garages that he turned into rehearsal spaces and rents them out to guys like us who don't have their own space. The guy is really cool, though. The price ain't that high and the gear is OK.

Boots are mine, though. ...as well as the SM57. I don't like singing on microphones that a billion people drooled over.

Comment

sm57s are the sex as well

i have one, a beta SM57

i want to get a condenser mic and run 'em together to get a nicer sound. but really i'll probably only end up recording more of my television in the background and white noise
            phreds space

Comment

i want to get a condenser mic and run 'em together to get a nicer sound. but really i'll probably only end up recording more of my television in the background and white noise

For home recording? Yeah... condensers are great, but will not be that useful in an 'unhealthy' environment.

Comment

any environment i'm in is unhealthy

i'm volatile.

(i'd probably set it up in my bathroom/shower)

it's just a better version of the mic. i dunno what exactly... it cost me more money.. therefor ..it's better. haha. awwww...
                phreds space

Comment

I originally got my SM57 for recording with my guitar amp. These days I don't really do that much often, mainly because I get much better results with Guitar Rig 2. But the SM57 still works fine and currently mainly serves the purpose of miking vocals on gigs / recordings / rehearsals. Maybe I'll get an SM58 or a Beta 58A or something of that sort someday, but I'm fine with the SM57 now.

any environment i'm in is unhealthy

i'm volatile.

(i'd probably set it up in my bathroom/shower)

it's just a better version of the mic. i dunno what exactly... it cost me more money.. therefor ..it's better. haha. awwww...

Comment

considering i was using a $10 computer microphone to record basic song ideas.....

.. the SM57 is way better for EVERY situation

even if a SM58 is a 'vocal' mic.. meh. my Line6 Toneport can accept 2 mics and once, so i want to get at least 1 more mic. if i can dream it , i can do it!!!

so many things to want, so little money to buy with.
                    phreds space

Comment

rock over zagreb
                      Originally Posted by Crab_Cake

That said I cannot stand animal cruelty, especially against friends of humanity. These include horses, dogs, chimps, and to a lesser extent dolphins.

Great band.

Originally Posted by sonik

little african girl machete gang victims

Everybody Hates Miserycast

Comment

so many things to want, so little money to buy with.

Yeah, tell me about it.

Comment

Myself.

:

So. which Gibbs Brother are you in the band??? :P

Sounds cool, good luck.
                          PM me about Online One-on-One Guitar Lessons, via Skype and Paypal
                          http://lessons.mikedodge.com
                          http://www.mikedodge.com
                          http://forum.mikedodge.com

Hint for online instructors...play the example in it's entirety, THEN talk about it for 5 minutes.

The only good liberal is a...well, we're still trying to figure out the answer to that one.

Uma is a motorik.

Comment

Thanks.

Ummm... I've never heard of the Gibbs Brothers before, but I've googled now and seen some pics. I'm still not sure what you meant by that?! Hahaha! I know that one of them has a similar guitar... I'm not so sure I look like any of 'em.

Comment

Dude, that rehearsal space is way too clean and tidy

Nah, seriously, good luck and have fun!
                              Wasted! @ MySpace

Proud member of teh Bucket Brigade

Comment

Working...
                              X