Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I taught eight different instruments today!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I taught eight different instruments today!

The music store that hired me as a guitar/piano teacher was thrilled to know that I could teach other things. So, they've been giving me students for insturments that there are no other instructors for. I get brass and woodwinds as well as the occasional violin or banjo student. But today was a grand slam!
    Out of the nine students that I had today only one was a guitar student. The others were two clarinets students(and I play clarinet dreadfully! ), alto sax, trombone,violin, piano, banjo and harmonica.
    I haven't had a teaching day this rewarding in quite some time. The time just flew by.

......The army offers rewarding skills.

Originally posted by Terje
    All of you need a good coffee enema, that's for sure.

Originally posted by NPG Asking guitar buyers for financial advice is like asking a vegetarian what kind of steakhouse they go to.

myspace.com/nelsandersen

Pretty impressive. I didn't realize you played all those instruments.

Good stuff.

(Can I get some kazoo lessons?)

Comment

Pretty impressive. I didn't realize you played all those instruments.

Good stuff.

(Can I get some kazoo lessons?)

My first apartment back in 1981 was over top of the music store where I taught guitar. My roommate was the woodwind teacher there. Most of the teachers there were in there 20's or early 30's. So will would all hang out in the apartment all of the time. We would all just sit around drinking coffee(or beer) and jam or taught each other how to play our instruments.

Originally posted by NPG Asking guitar buyers for financial advice is like asking a vegetarian what kind of steakhouse they go to.

myspace.com/nelsandersen

Comment

It's good that you can play all those instruments, and great that you get to do it often. I go long spells on one instument then have to teach myself all over again (now, G on a banjo goes like this.......)

LOL
        '52 Tele, '70 Strat, '72 Yamaha FG-230 12-string, Taylor 410, Fender P-Bass, Glaesel cello, violin, banjo, 2 trumpets, 2 Yamaha S-90's, Korg CX-3, Nord Electro 3 73, a coupla Yamaha PSR's, a sh!tload of harmonicas and way, way, way too much gear
        http://www.joeblowmusic.com/
        http://www.cadillacdawgs.com/
        Shouldn't "anal retentive" have a hyphen?

Comment

sounds groovy.

demand to get paid more.
          phreds space

Live Ruckus Raise a Ruckus, y'all!

Conquerclub.com username: Phunkyphred

Comment

sounds groovy.

demand to get paid more.

It's actually the lowest paying out of the three places from which I teach.
            The reason I like it though is because I do get the opportunity to work with interesting students. And they gave me $100 at Christmas. Which was very cool considering I've only worked there on Mondays starting about four months ago.

myspace.com/nelsandersen

Comment

cool, one of my friends gotout of the military and just moved back tot he states. i might try to get him to give me cheap guitar/music lessons as he is between jobs now. . at least cheap once he gets a job.

(he has a bachelors in Classical guitar/performance and a masters in International Relations)
              phreds space

Comment

...when I was a bachelor I mastered classical performance with Interracial Realtions as well
                '52 Tele, '70 Strat, '72 Yamaha FG-230 12-string, Taylor 410, Fender P-Bass, Glaesel cello, violin, banjo, 2 trumpets, 2 Yamaha S-90's, Korg CX-3, Nord Electro 3 73, a coupla Yamaha PSR's, a sh!tload of harmonicas and way, way, way too much gear
                http://www.joeblowmusic.com/
                http://www.cadillacdawgs.com/
                Shouldn't "anal retentive" have a hyphen?

Comment

...when I was a bachelor I mastered classical performance with Interracial Realtions as well

that's golden. haha
                  phreds space

Comment

The music store that hired me as a guitar/piano teacher was thrilled to know that I could teach other things. So, they've been giving me students for insturments that there are no other instructors for. I get brass and woodwinds as well as the occasional violin or banjo student. But today was a grand slam!
                    Out of the nine students that I had today only one was a guitar student. The others were two clarinets students(and I play clarinet dreadfully! ), alto sax, trombone,violin, piano, banjo and harmonica.
                    I haven't had a teaching day this rewarding in quite some time. The time just flew by.

A utility teacher! You'd be worth your weight in gold in my studio!
                    Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
                    McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
                    MarkWein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X