Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 62 degrees and thunderstorming here in MI....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it's colder in Los Angeles than Detroit in January, the weather's screwed up.

But hey, global climate change is real. Just because it's colder some places doesn't mean that the planet's aggregate temperature isn't higher overall. The interactions of winds and ocean currents, though, can have some bizarre and not-very-predictable effects on weather patterns.

Bottom line: do we really want to mess with this stuff?
    Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

....do we really want to mess with this stuff?

No, but we really want to hang Al Gore by his nostrils in the town square.

Comment

The holier-than-thou ****************************s in Santa Monica with their Priuses are the worst. There's a net inflow of something like 30,000 commuters to the city every day because there are so many jobs there and so little housing. If the Prius-drivers wanted to do something seriously helpful for the environment, they'd allow more duplexes, quads, and small apartment buildings to be built in the city so middle-class families wouldn't have to commute 25 miles each way in order to have a decent, affordable place to raise children. (Right now, there's pretty much nothing between a cramped '40s tract house that costs a million dollars and an equivalently-sized condo that costs half a million and is extremely child-unfriendly.) But no, they have to keep their "low-rise character" in order to maintain the amenity of their "quaint little beach town." :roll:
        Giant KudzuFacebook • SoundCloud"I wear Abercrombie so bïtches know I dominate."

Comment

The Earth will keep warming until we all die.

We're ****************ed. Start partying now.

Comment

It's gonna be 68 in New York today. SIXTY EIGHT.

It is January 8.

Comment

At this rate, spring should be here in March....

... so it should be full on Summer by May....

.... meaning August will be a fifth season called "Holy **************** it's hot!"

.... Al Gore already has the domain registered for www.itoldyouso.com
              Baimun's big Pickup Clearance on Ebay

Comment

We had some cool lightning last night. I like lightning.

Comment

At the same time there's been record cool in many places.

Comment

nah, i wouldn't worry about global warming too much, as long as we can control it a bit better.

realistically, we are looking at another ICE AGE in about 100,000 to 150,00 years, i think. so ya, the the oceanic current changes, europe and north america would be covered by an ice sheet. then you'll be complaining it's too ****************ing cold. oke:

Comment

We had some cool lightning last night. I like lightning.

That was neat indeed.
                      Originally Posted by jaxn slim

I'm totally gonna beat my kids until they can play like that.

Comment

supposed to be 70 here in Pittsburgh today. It SHOULD be like 25.

I hate this.

Comment

It's gonna be 68 in New York today. SIXTY EIGHT.

It is January 8.

Christ, it's only going up to 60

Comment

62 in Tucson AZ, yesterday was 58 and rain. Last year we had snow in March and the year before it was 82 on Christmas
                            My Last FM
                            My Youtube page
                            BobNod # 11

Comment

Yesterday it was 65 and a tornado touched down 2 blocks from my house. This is NOT supposed to happen on a Jan. 7th.
                              (Various Guitars of no interest but to me)

Comment

The holier-than-thou ****************************s in Santa Monica with their Priuses are the worst. There's a net inflow of something like 30,000 commuters to the city every day because there are so many jobs there and so little housing. If the Prius-drivers wanted to do something seriously helpful for the environment, they'd allow more duplexes, quads, and small apartment buildings to be built in the city so middle-class families wouldn't have to commute 25 miles each way in order to have a decent, affordable place to raise children. (Right now, there's pretty much nothing between a cramped '40s tract house that costs a million dollars and an equivalently-sized condo that costs half a million and is extremely child-unfriendly.) But no, they have to keep their "low-rise character" in order to maintain the amenity of their "quaint little beach town." :roll:

I dunno about you, but I'd rather drive the commute and raise my kids in a house than live in the middle of a city in some duplex or apartment. In fact, I hope to soon move even further out of town onto some acreage.

It's been pretty cold here this winter, though. Several drops below freezing, and then those crazy 80 mph winds Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X