Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really am in awe of people who are fluent in multiple languages....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand a lot of Ukrainian because it sounds like bastardized Russian.
    http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13929
    http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/58730-fluxusbear.mp3

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I'm out of touch with reality.

Comment

And Harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene...

Comment

russian was my first language.

im fluent in it still, as well as english, obviously.

and i can understand french a WHOLE lot better than i can speak it.
        Originally Posted by 2manband

That's going on my list of things not to try, right after "Smack polar bear in her whore mouth"

You guys need to cheer up with some hot asian coeds. Life is too short to be a sad sack.

My poetry:
        New Wave Saint

Comment

russian was my first language.

Please explain.

COMMIE!

Comment

Yngtchie is a viking and owns a broadsword.
            Yer Blues wrote:I am from the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Comment

I speak spanish slowly and haltingly, like Tarzan or Tonto.

Or Frankenstein.

Originally Posted by rhino55

I think lonechicken is the one that always says dont stick your dick in the crazy more than once. Thats good advice.

Originally Posted by Gaindrain

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

This thread has reminded me... My uncle is the coolest guy ever. He was born near Montreal (in Quebec), so he speaks French, but he also speaks English, German and Italian (amazingly fluently! Almost as if each of these was his mother tongue.). He also speaks some Croatian (badly, though), and a little bit of Chinese... but all these other languages seem sooo natural to him! He's a genius. On top of him being so smart and knowledgeable (and working as a finance consultant, he's been all over the world... twice, haha), he's also a fantastic cook, a talented DIY-kinda guy and knows tons about music (everything from Coleman Hawkins, over Poison to Metallica). Sorry for the OT, but this has reminded me of him.

Anyways, I, obviously, speak Croatian... and I'm pretty good with English. I'm no genius, but I can usually get around and find the words to express myself without much trouble. I speak a ttttttiny little bit of German and some pretty bad Italian.
                Originally Posted by Tatanka

OK, so we can safely conclude, looking at the requested pic, that Mr. Bluesman is a God among men.

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

You are so ****************ing annoying I seriously should put you on ignore.

I'd like to be there when your house of jazz cards comes crashing down on you one of these days.

You give jazz and it's practicioners a bad name in the same way Richie Sambora gives love a bad name.

Originally Posted by Tony_Manero

Jazz guitar sounds like the way old people smell.

Comment

If you are just starting out, an easy foreign language to learn is "Hurf."
                  Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                  -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

Please explain.

COMMIE!

parents moved to NY in 1990 from St. Petersburg, Russia. i was born in 91, and didnt learn english till the age of 5 or 6.
                    Originally Posted by 2manband

That's going on my list of things not to try, right after "Smack polar bear in her whore mouth"

You guys need to cheer up with some hot asian coeds. Life is too short to be a sad sack.

My poetry:
                    New Wave Saint

Comment

My gf is filipina, im working on tagalog, but i dont get to practice it as often as i'd like. I'm working on it.
                      Proud Member of the Squier Army.

Comment

Me = Two: Spanish and English ... when I go to a Spanish country shopping, I play dumb while they haggle, then step in and get the deals.

My mother-in-law is a German immigrant from WW2. She speaks English fine, and German perfectly of course. Several years ago before the wall was torn down, the local port invited families to house sailors for shore leave to show them a slice of America. My in-laws did this for Aussies, Germans, and Brits a few times - met some nice guys.

One time the Russians came in because of a little wheat problem - they were starving. When the invite came for a sailor shore leave - my father-in-law and his kids discussed it but decided not to because they probably didn;t speak English and no one knew any Russian.

All of a sudden, mom-in-law (looking very pissed) screamed several words of gutteral Russian. I had the nerver to ask her what they meant. She said "work harder. faster. now. or we will kill you." I knew she had a hard time at the end of the war, but her village was by Poland and was "occupied" and annexed into East Germany. She escaped one night before she could be raped to death.

At the time, I felt like we saved a Russian sailor, she probably would have fed him arsenic. Now as a more mature person, we should have let her get her revenge.

Moral of the story. Don;t lose the war. There are no winners, but don;t lose.
                        blonde 335
                        '74 LP Dlx
                        '05 LP Std Faded Honeyburst - the 'modern '59 burst'
                        Mesa LSC 2x12
                        Mesa Mark III 1x12 (purple)
                        '90 J-45

Originally Posted by Surrealistic

Hendrix was an alien from a musically advanced species sent here to show us what a guitar can really do.

Comment

No s
                          Originally Posted by Mercer

12pack, you are awesome.

http://www.sweeterunknown.com

Comment

Music is a language, do you speak it?
                            -- Jeff
                            Beware of counterfeit Shure SM57s

Comment

A quick language lesson in English.

There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

Im from south east asia.... of course i can speak more than 4 languages.
                                Mercury by day, Uranus by night.

Originally Posted by Hamza Ashgari

Saudi women... won't go to hell "because it's impossible to go there twice."

Comment

Working...
                                X