Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you wear a varsity jacket in high school? Did you continue to after you graduated

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you wear a varsity jacket in high school? Did you continue to after you graduated

I got my first varsity letter as a freshman but never bought a varsity jacket. I hated high school, though, so that was probably a part of it.

Fess up...who had one and how long did you continue wearing it?

-G
    <blank>

Nope. I was shop rat. Safety boots were our thing. I still wear safety boots when needed.

Comment

No. I didn't play any sports in high school.
      We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all. - Paul McCartney

Comment

I lettered in four different sports, but never had an actual jacket. I also hated high school.
        Originally Posted by 2manband

With the 4 seconds I save, I have time for more important things, like singing "Holy Diver"

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Welcome to McFail's Navy.

Comment

Not until university. And then it was for fencing. And it wasn't hideous.

Comment

Never bought the jacket. I always played baseball so we had team jackets for game use. I dont think I ever took a letter out of the plastic it came in and those jackets were expensive.

High school was a place to play ball for me. I didnt hate it but I am not overly sentimental about my high school years so to speak.

I only remember the wrestlers wearing those and maybe some of the football players.
            MIM Fender Squier Series Tele
            G&L Tribute Legacy HB
            Peavey Classic 30

Comment

They were popular in my high school but I never ordered one. I had a bunch of varsity letters.

Actually, I had a baseball warmup jacket that I wore a bit. You could get the letters as brass pins so I put them on the collar I think. It was your basic baseball warmup and not really as gaudy as the standard varsity jacket.

Comment

I got a letter jacket for orchestra.

I might have worn it for the first couple years at college, I don't remember. Since then I wore it a couple times when I went back to watch the old alma mater play football games.
                Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

I lettered in band and orchestra at two different schools.

That's all I got.

I was in a program called Partners In PE where we worked with retarded and autistic kids. It was kinda sweet because I was the only guy (sophomore) in the class with about 18 junior and senior girls. I had long hair and the girls couldn't get enough of me.

Seriously!
                  Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

those letterman jackets looks very 50's to me
                    Mercury by day, Uranus by night.

Originally Posted by Hamza Ashgari

Saudi women... won't go to hell "because it's impossible to go there twice."

Comment

Never had a varsity jacket and never played sports. I did, however, letter in choir.
                      My YouTube channel

Comment

I lettered in 4 sports in high school but never got a jacket. partly because I was a cheap bastard and partly because I hated almost every minute of high school
                        Good Deals: duderanimous, lostgoonie, chakosh, emptyparadigm, LSDis4me

Comment

No...and no...

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

I lettered in a couple sports and didn't get a jacket, but I didn't hate high school

Comment

I didn't play any sports in high school either, so I used my clumsiness, ineptitude, and complete lack of ambition to develop an affectation of hyper-coolness and a general sense of contempt for all things athletic. The girls practically ran me over in their efforts to get past me and hang out with the jocks instead.

Dmn23 is the douche around here.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

dmn23 has wisdom.

Originally Posted by surfsteve

dmn23 is a GREAT AMERICAN. WTF is wrong with you ********************************s ?

Originally Posted by Flogger59

You, sir, are a man of impeccable taste and discernment

Comment

Working...
                              X