Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that kid is a plant. he already won star search when he was 12. and he was already being pimped by the show's producers during season 1. you can read more at www.votefortheworst.com

He's not a plant. He's a 17 year old kid. He didn't have the same voice when he won kid star search at 12.

'Imagine' tonight has been over hyped, but he has a great voice and stage presence.

Comment

I didn't really like it. He turned it into a Celine Dion song.

post of the day
      check out my stuff http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwURead your Bible, son. Genesis 6:6, Isiah 55:8, John 14:6

Comment

He didn't have the same voice when he won kid star search at 12.

no, but he did already have a connection to american idol. they even showed a clip of him singing for the season 1 finalists on tonights show. a few days after that he met with record execs with ties to the show. sounds like a plant to me.
        Rock over London. Rock on Chicago. Polaroid, see what develops.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're an amazing and wonderful human being. You deserve better. That woman isn't good enough for you.

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

Ug. Drank too much. Feel the need to eat the worth for 3 men now. Chunk, you are a bad ass.

Originally Posted by differentman

I wish the original Zeppelin had been all girls. Then my time spent masturbating to them wouldn't be so gay.

Comment

no, but he did already have a connection to american idol. they even showed a clip of him singing for the season 1 finalists on tonights show. a few days after that he met with record execs with ties to the show. sounds like a plant to me.

Wouldn't you agree his vocals have earned him a spot on the show ?

He's been top of the heap for two weeks, with no signs of slipping.

Comment

Wouldn't you agree his vocals have earned him a spot on the show ?

He's been top of the heap for two weeks, with no signs of slipping.

is he a good singer, yes aside from that raspy inhaling he does (he needs to move away from the mic to breathe in). is it a coincidence that he's on the show and has previous american idol connections, not so much.

You're an amazing and wonderful human being. You deserve better. That woman isn't good enough for you.

Ug. Drank too much. Feel the need to eat the worth for 3 men now. Chunk, you are a bad ass.

I wish the original Zeppelin had been all girls. Then my time spent masturbating to them wouldn't be so gay.

Comment

I'm rooting for Syesha: Great voice and cute as all get out:

www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

that kid is a plant. he already won star search when he was 12. and he was already being pimped by the show's producers during season 1. you can read more at www.votefortheworst.com

Why so bitter? The show is entertainment. That's all.

The fact that someone has had some musical success in the past isnt a disqualifying event nor should it be. It's not like they claim that none of the contestants have ever performed. Niether did Star Search.

And an entire web site dedicated to purposely trying to disrupt the producers' intentions? How is that better than "planting" a good singer on a singing contest?

I dont know what irritates me more, the "entitlement" mentality or the "everything mainstream is uncool" mentality.

Or some guy who uses way too many "quotes" in his posts.
                MIM Fender Squier Series Tele
                G&L Tribute Legacy HB
                Peavey Classic 30

Comment

I dont know what irritates me more, the "entitlement" mentality or the "everything mainstream is uncool" mentality.

You don't need a "mentality" to find American Idol irritating.
                  Originally Posted by rusholmeruffian

If hating Glenn Frey is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Originally Posted by Motorik

By saying 'mojo sent' the forumite switches the Christian connotations of 'you're in my prayers' for a different belief paradigm, that of 'mojo': the magical force that compels big-bellied white men to play blues covers while wearing bowling shirts with flames up them, or tribal dragons, or some such ****************.

Comment

You don't need a "mentality" to find American Idol irritating.

True. But what I am saying is that if a show irritates me, I simply dont watch it.

I dont like pro wrestling but instead of starting a website to cheer for the skinny guy, I just turn the channel. (see what I did there)
                    G&L Tribute Legacy HB
                    Peavey Classic 30

Comment

Why so bitter? The show is entertainment. That's all.

The fact that someone has had some musical success in the past isnt a disqualifying event nor should it be. It's not like they claim that none of the contestants have ever performed. Niether did Star Search.

And an entire web site dedicated to purposely trying to disrupt the producers' intentions? How is that better than "planting" a good singer on a singing contest?

Or some guy who uses way too many "quotes" in his posts.

it's the premise that american idol is out to find the next great undiscovered talent when that clearly isn't the case. most of this season's contestants are plants, that's a fact. yes, it's entertainment but the show isn't what they make it out to be.

Comment

it's the premise that american idol is out to find the next great undiscovered talent when that clearly isn't the case. .

I guess this is where we disagree. I dont think this is the premise at all. I think the premise is to get people to watch their show.

Maybe you are right. Maybe a lot of the public takes "undiscovered" as people sitting around their house with singing talent when in reality it means they arent nationally recognized acts.

I personally think people have to understand that whether it is AI or Survivor or any "reality" show, the producers have to play a role in making it more interesting. Straight up reality would be boring.
                        G&L Tribute Legacy HB
                        Peavey Classic 30

Comment

True. But what I am saying is that if a show irritates me, I simply dont watch it.

I can't argue that.
                          Originally Posted by rusholmeruffian

If hating Glenn Frey is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Originally Posted by Motorik

By saying 'mojo sent' the forumite switches the Christian connotations of 'you're in my prayers' for a different belief paradigm, that of 'mojo': the magical force that compels big-bellied white men to play blues covers while wearing bowling shirts with flames up them, or tribal dragons, or some such ****************.

Comment

I guess this is where we disagree. I dont think this is the premise at all. I think the premise is to get people to watch their show.

Maybe you are right. Maybe a lot of the public takes "undiscovered" as people sitting around their house with singing talent when in reality it means they arent nationally recognized acts.

I personally think people have to understand that whether it is AI or Survivor or any "reality" show, the producers have to play a role in making it more interesting. Straight up reality would be boring.

That's not what "premise" means. I can only imagine some guy going into a room of execs to pitch his new idea for a show: "So, what's the premise?"

"Getting people to watch the show! And selling advertising time that they will also watch!"

"Sounds like a hit! Wait, what's the show about?"

There's no such thing as reality TV. Like you said, reality is boring.
                            Pigpen said it was OK!

Originally Posted by mdog114

Boy, you should REALLY go back and slap you're teachers!

Comment

Big AI news today. That guy David Hernandez was evidently confirmed as a former gay male stripper from Arizona. Stage name of "Caden". However, he does stay on the show.
                              Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

"Getting people to watch the show! And selling advertising time that they will also watch!"

That's the premise of EVERY TV show.
                                (Various Guitars of no interest but to me)

Comment

Working...
                                X